The old forum has fallen :c

Zylok

4 hours ago, Zylok said:

Rest in peace TacticSoft including its forum 

I will be brave and say that the toxicity won't be missed from the old forum.

However, there was a lot of good information on the old forum that we need to make sure we provide on the new forum.

So I hope people start writing threads about random things.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

5 hours ago, SawzAll said:

I will be brave and say that the toxicity won't be missed from the old forum.

However, there was a lot of good information on the old forum that we need to make sure we provide on the new forum.

So I hope people start writing threads about random things.

Yeah, lot of info lost with the binary code oh I mean the wind. 😔

So the old forums are actually gone, huh... I thought that it was a joke when I first heard of it on Discord but now that I see that it's real... I might as well say that I'm really gonna miss the old days I had on those forums, sentimental value and what not. So, here I go...

The old forums was where I managed to connect to a side of SuperMechs that I wouldn't have seen without it. I managed to find a place where I could chat, voice my opinions/ideas, help others, and find ways to keep on improving myself. Yes, the new forums is capable of serving those exact same purposes... But it doesn't feel the same. Sentimental value, I suppose.

Back when I first started using the forums, I was a rank 15 that was struggling to lift my feet to carry myself beyond my old limits of rank 12... But with the help and friends that I've gotten from the forums, I finally gained a foothold and some traction over which direction I was heading. I surpassed rank 11... Then 10... Then 9... And now here I am, a rank 8 who made it to rank 7 with a heat + physical lineup.

I honestly never thought that I would make it this far because of how I had no one to guide me but now I can look back at the past and see how far I've managed to get because of everyone in the forums and everyone in Immortal Blades, giving me new ideas and useful tips that have gotten me to this point and will likely push me to rank 5 down the line. For now, though, I'll settle with rank 7 as it's the furthest milestone that I can achieve as of right now.

But... Back to the point... I'll miss the old forums and the times that I had with it. It basically made me into the pilot that I am today...

And to Tactisoft, even though this game has been a bumpy hellhole of a ride... It's been pretty fun as well. So... Instead of the usual finger that I stick up whenever fortune boxes drop rares or when RnG gets the best of me and gives me a loss, I'ma say thanks because even when newly baked Tactisoft-grade premiums end up causing hell for me in arena, you have also built me up from something simple and into something great... Besides, the game has usually been like this, so another round isn't all that new.

With that out of the way... I'ma end this post here with a final note... Though, to make it easier on everyone reading this, I'll place the note in a topic of its own.

For now, I wish all pilots a good day and good luck with their season rewards...

From the "Discount Ultra Gladiator Rank 12" to the "Hollow Spectral Heater Rank 7" pilot,

A.T.O.M/Avenger/Shadeski/Whiteout/Leberecht Maass/{{W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T}}

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

22 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

I wish they had simply archived it.

there was some good sh*t on there, now iretrievable.

They said this was coming and people started saying we need to move the data over.  But the server was owned by TS not Gato Games when the purchase took place.  And with all due respect, if it's user created content, users can move it over.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html