Is Gato Games the underwear gnomes?

Fordekash

Is Gato Games the underwear gnomes?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Is Gato Games the underwear gnomes?

• Yes
    • No

Question

Is Gato Games secretly ran by the underwear gnomes? It would appear they are using the same business model. Phase 1 = Buy SuperMechs. Phase 2 = ?. Phase 3 = profit. 

This would explain not having any strategy between buying the game and collecting profit. Exhibit A Below is the underwear gnomes business model. 
image.jpeg.8881b719bff698268ee9491c91584784.jpeg

19 answers to this question

I would say ...

There was ...

- Michael R. CEO from Tacticsoft & Liran - with the game SuperMechs, which started from an Minigame BattleMechs
(after BattleDawn)

... there were players like mirror111, Dewah77, Black Mamba, Ogonna (Clevername), souldecent, j^8 (Aegis), Nik, Littlelost, Neko, PAIN, my brother etc. who investet a lot of money into, others cheated their way up ...

- Liran did most of the work (99.9 %) and had to fight against and for alone (hacks, bans, death-threats, development, etc.)
(for around 5 years)

... Ssundee decided to play SuperMechs for fun at his YT Channel (at this time he had +6 Million subs - now 21 million subs) and SuperMechs had most players of all time after (incl. more cheats) ...

- Michael R. CEO from Tacticsoft & around 7 developers dealt with these many players and SuperMechs Reloaded happened
(for around 3 years)

... players like Wepwawet, El Metre, Nagibator, DeadInside, etc. invested a little fortune into this game

- Michael R. CEO from Tacticsoft had other plans and SuperMechs went down about the players amount

... so GATO Games took over (bought) the game SuperMechs

- @Alexander is doing now the one-man job, which once Liran had/did and has to deal with close to everything by himself
(soon 2 years)

✅

😉

P.S.: @Alexander feel free to correct anything, if I wrote something wrong

I remember seeing this thread a year ago and had a good laugh about it. I don't think Gato Games is secretly run by the underwear gnomes, but I can see why it might appear that way! I think it's more likely that they just have a different approach to game development and strategy. As for SuperMechs, I've played it a bit and can see why some might find it repetitive, but it's still a fun game to kill time with. Plus, they've added new features and updates over the years to keep things fresh. By the way, have you checked out bingo cash game? It's a pretty fun game if you're into that sort of thing.

Edited by UinorJohnes (see edit history)

On 8/12/2022 at 4:23 PM, bestplayeroftheworld said:

I would say ...

There was ...

- Michael R. CEO from Tacticsoft & Liran - with the game SuperMechs, which started from an Minigame BattleMechs
(after BattleDawn)

... there were players like mirror111, Dewah77, Black Mamba, Ogonna (Clevername), souldecent, j^8 (Aegis), Nik, Littlelost, Neko, PAIN, my brother etc. who investet a lot of money into, others cheated their way up ...

- Liran did most of the work (99.9 %) and had to fight against and for alone (hacks, bans, death-threats, development, etc.)
(for around 5 years)

... Ssundee decided to play SuperMechs for fun at his YT Channel (at this time he had +6 Million subs - now 21 million subs) and SuperMechs had most players of all time after (incl. more cheats) ...

- Michael R. CEO from Tacticsoft & around 7 developers dealt with these many players and SuperMechs Reloaded happened
(for around 3 years)

... players like Wepwawet, El Metre, Nagibator, DeadInside, etc. invested a little fortune into this game

- Michael R. CEO from Tacticsoft had other plans and SuperMechs went down about the players amount

... so GATO Games took over (bought) the game SuperMechs

- @Alexander is doing now the one-man job, which once Liran had/did and has to deal with close to everything by himself
(soon 2 years)

✅

😉

P.S.: @Alexander feel free to correct anything, if I wrote something wrong

Supermechs Reloaded? Is that when they re did the system? Curious

On 8/12/2022 at 3:14 AM, Fordekash said:

Is Gato Games secretly ran by the underwear gnomes? It would appear they are using the same business model. Phase 1 = Buy SuperMechs. Phase 2 = ?. Phase 3 = profit. 

This would explain not having any strategy between buying the game and collecting profit. Exhibit A Below is the underwear gnomes business model. 
image.jpeg.8881b719bff698268ee9491c91584784.jpeg

💀

By someone, somewhere.