New arena backgrounds / New music

fig

I think that it is the time for  Supermechs to have new arena backgrounds , you know those background covers that doesnt moves . I think Its pretty easy to add more .
With more colours more themes etc . I dont think its very difficult to add 10-20 more backgrounds .

New music , there are many years now that I play the game muted . I think its pretty easy to add some music too. 5 /10 tracks that will play continiously or something .

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

Why ....you would be so dissatisfied if new backgrounds gets added ? I dont think sooo !!! 
The opposite !!! ....Before buffs/nerfs...before clans fights ...before forum fights and more
I think this game will have much more fun by adding new backgrounds and music !
Nostalgia ? only routine , and psychological problems can bring this games music and repeatedly backgrounds for someone that have spend 10.000 hours the past 3 years like me 😄

How much will cost new backgrounds ? zero money ....how much pleasure ? 100% more pleasure ! thats the pc games guys ....graphics and music 🙂 

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

Example ....dont you think that a jungle background that the eye wont go more than 2-3 metres  would bring better vibes to the players ? instead of a  Nevada  dry and lifeless brown background that spread to 2 kilometres depth ? 😄

Metal_Mutant_Amiga_Screenshot.png?ssl=1

I don't think that this is the main problem on SM right now, It's just a visual update and it will just feel different for few days, after that, nobody will care about the background or the music, I think that most of the players muted the music. 

BUT if something like this happens, I would do a poll/contest for the best background creator, rewarding with tokens and adding the background to the game. (Only adding 1 or 3 backgrounds (First place, Second place and Third place))

The only and the best. THE KIIRA. The rank 10 one.

Probably listening to Spanish Song

2 hours ago, MatiasKurt said:

i think sm is a post-apocalyptic game, jungle theme would have no sense

Then which theme is a post-apocaliptic theme for your opinion  ?

please share us an example .

PS : Post apocaliptic doesnt means that there is no plantation ! Dont forget that the mutant plants or the plants of another imaginary planet are still plantation 😛

Edited by TALΩS (see edit history)

game looks like there was a nuclear mechs war, so all plants died (or most of them) wich makes a jungle something impossible, thats why backgrounds are deserts and nevada (and i think workshops and some demolished buildings )

Here is an example of music that would sound post-apocalyptic.  I was hoping we could amp this up, in the sense that if we might be able to offer a sort of ad-free music in-game.  This would look like very brief, small notifications on screen of what artist and song is playing.  Then reach out to the cyberpunk, synthwave, and other apocalyptic-sounding artists (Deadmau5, etc.) and see if they are willing to offer their music royalty free.  Basically, they get free advertisement in game, we get free music that is ad-free or as close to ad-free as possible.

People would still be able to disable the in-game music.

I would volunteer to reach out to artists and see who is interested.

I would imagine placing a very small, not intrusive status "strip" in the game (like in the gold or hit points area) of what is playing would be the best way to maximize this.

I would say things like this would work very well:

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Agree with those tracks  they match very good at least some of em 😉 with a small downgrade on their sounds will fit perfectly 😉

Btw Matias 🙂 you speak about a post apocaliptic scenery ....go on the arena entering screen ...is the roman arena a post apocaliptic scenario inside the boarders you specificate it ? lol 
Thats why ...
There are a bunch of '' post apocaliptic'' games with plantation and more 😛 dont be so strictly to what you call ''post apocaliptic'' 

23 minutes ago, Kiira said:

This game is more of a "Mad Max" post-apocaliptic scenario

And how do you explain then the main arena screen which is  the classical years roman arena ? 😛

Hmm ...thats why I suggest changes on the backgrounds . The plantation background was an example eitherways !

PS : Hirosimas post apocalyptic inviropment after the nuclear bomb transformed into a jungle by the years 😛

And finally ...in order to have a more pleasurable inviropment on the game wich might include more graphics ...I dont really care if the concenpt iof the game is the ''post apocalyptic mad max '' invirompment  ...if its the roman arena crazy background of arena or a paradise of green for the eyes 😛

Also...snow balls ...saint patrick hats ...arent post apocaliptic mad maxxxx ! 😄 Personally I would enjoy even blooming flowers on this ''decadent'' early 70s graphics and character game 😉