F2P Boiler

SawzAll

I decided to post this for newer F2P players who can use a good mech config to start off with.

image.thumb.png.9020ba6674c37e472f56ad52f1ac72b0.png

This is basically the F2P version of Avatar's Boiler.   I recommend it because it works well.  Some notes:

• If you don't like Flaming Hammer, you can replace it with a Magma Recoiler.  But in my opinion, both have their pros and cons.  If you can combo hammer + vandal, in my opinion, you've damaged their cooling a lot.
  • As you get combined modules, you can obviously start finding ways to put an iron or platinum plate (arena fights) or savior resist / max protector / defense matrix (campaigns) on it.  I did research a while back and until you get premium resistance, iron or platinum is probably the best use for an empty module slot.
  • I only mixed Corrupt Light and Flaminator to help you fight energy mechs.  If you can max out your energy modules, however, dual Flaminators is better in my opinion.
  • In my opinion, having the normal heat bomb sort of covers range 2.  If your cooling is high enough you can drop heat bomb even at the "wrong" time and still get something out of it (but you should probably try to drop it at the best time).

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone out there.  I absolutely love the Avatar-style boiler mech config.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

1 hour ago, SawzAll said:

I decided to post this for newer F2P players who can use a good mech config to start off with.

image.thumb.png.9020ba6674c37e472f56ad52f1ac72b0.png

This is basically the F2P version of Avatar's Boiler.   I recommend it because it works well.  Some notes:

• If you don't like Flaming Hammer, you can replace it with a Magma Recoiler.  But in my opinion, both have their pros and cons.  If you can combo hammer + vandal, in my opinion, you've damaged their cooling a lot.
  • As you get combined modules, you can obviously start finding ways to put an iron or platinum plate (arena fights) or savior resist / max protector / defense matrix (campaigns) on it.  I did research a while back and until you get premium resistance, iron or platinum is probably the best use for an empty module slot.
  • I only mixed Corrupt Light and Flaminator to help you fight energy mechs.  If you can max out your energy modules, however, dual Flaminators is better in my opinion.
  • In my opinion, having the normal heat bomb sort of covers range 2.  If your cooling is high enough you can drop heat bomb even at the "wrong" time and still get something out of it (but you should probably try to drop it at the best time).

Hopefully this will be helpful to someone out there.  I absolutely love the Avatar-style boiler mech config.

no

I would personally recommend using physical if you are f2p

1 hour ago, The Great said:

no

I would personally recommend using physical if you are f2p

Yes but I'm just offering this as a pretty good build if someone wants to play heat.

I understand physical with F2P can be better, but as usual, it depends.

Really, in my opinion, a F2P player should have a team that is "one of each" with their best items, i.e. physical, heat, and energy.  When you're F2P you should focus on playing with what the game gives you.  If you just so happen to get a bunch of OP energy items, then run energy.  Hypothetically, it would be sort of a bad idea not to play energy if you get (from fortune boxes, etc.) a bunch of OP energy items.

Same with physical.

But that's all besides the point.

So, back to the topic: this is a good boiler config that I recommend for F2P players.  It's not perfect, and sure, there may be better F2P builds, but this one is a good one.

3 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Yes but I'm just offering this as a pretty good build if someone wants to play heat.

I understand physical with F2P can be better, but as usual, it depends.

Really, in my opinion, a F2P player should have a team that is "one of each" with their best items, i.e. physical, heat, and energy.  When you're F2P you should focus on playing with what the game gives you.  If you just so happen to get a bunch of OP energy items, then run energy.  Hypothetically, it would be sort of a bad idea not to play energy if you get (from fortune boxes, etc.) a bunch of OP energy items.

Same with physical.

But that's all besides the point.

So, back to the topic: this is a good boiler config that I recommend for F2P players.  It's not perfect, and sure, there may be better F2P builds, but this one is a good one.

Id change it cuz range gaps, but it works for sure

Overall a really good mech but might not be that useful in 3v3 because of the lack of phys resistance & hp.

This mech can be destoyed easily/get to a critical health IF the other guy uses like 2 nightfall uses, 2 frantic uses and 2 drone uses.

Atleast from a guy like me would be like that.

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

PS: The noob was me.

3 minutes ago, iSwarky said:

Overall a really good mech but might not be that useful in 3v3 because of the lack of phys resistance & hp.

This mech can be destoyed easily/get to a critical health IF the other guy uses like 2 nightfall uses, 2 frantic uses and 2 drone uses.

Atleast from a guy like me would be like that.

Um, this is for low and mid ranks.  Not top ranks (3v3, etc.)

Just now, SawzAll said:

Um, this is for low and mid ranks.  Not top ranks (3v3, etc.)

Yeah this mech can easily shred everything in sight even on like rank 5.

Even if it doesnt destroys the mech, the mech will go thru a lot of pain.

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

PS: The noob was me.

5 hours ago, iSwarky said:

Yeah this mech can easily shred everything in sight even on like rank 5.

Even if it doesnt destroys the mech, the mech will go thru a lot of pain.

No, it really can't, any physical, damage based heat, or any good energy will destroy this in 3 turns

10 hours ago, The Great said:

No, it really can't, any physical, damage based heat, or any good energy will destroy this in 3 turns

Well a lot of the boiler depends on tactics.  You can have all divine stuff but if you can't manage heat, boilers will wreck you.  Also, like I said, low to mid ranks.  Very few people can handle top ranks without at least some form of premium resistance.  I didn't get to top ranks until I had max'd MPVs and max'd defense matrices.  But there are exceptions, of course, like @ZeRo_, who got to rank 1 without any.  (To be fair, he had OEMP and some premium weapons, etc.)

As for energy, only good energy.  And even then, tactics-wise, most energy mech users I know of are in such a hurry to drain you that they forget to manage heat, so the "drop heat bomb when they drain you" tactic works even on people in top ranks.

Again, my idea here was to offer low/mid ranks a nice build to help them.  But I appreciate your honest feedback, too!

1 hour ago, SawzAll said:

Well a lot of the boiler depends on tactics.  You can have all divine stuff but if you can't manage heat, boilers will wreck you.  Also, like I said, low to mid ranks.  Very few people can handle top ranks without at least some form of premium resistance.  I didn't get to top ranks until I had max'd MPVs and max'd defense matrices.  But there are exceptions, of course, like @ZeRo_, who got to rank 1 without any.  (To be fair, he had OEMP and some premium weapons, etc.)

As for energy, only good energy.  And even then, tactics-wise, most energy mech users I know of are in such a hurry to drain you that they forget to manage heat, so the "drop heat bomb when they drain you" tactic works even on people in top ranks.

Again, my idea here was to offer low/mid ranks a nice build to help them.  But I appreciate your honest feedback, too!

Yes, in top ranks, especially on last day, it is just a matter of matchups, and zero has godlike luck.............

Energy can get rank 1 just because of so many heat counters, regardless of how well you play...........

Heat is hard to play with, since so many people counter it.........