Forum Issue: Broken Post formatting

CDR_Xavier

Question

In the old days we can do the following to "generate" a quote by Winzkay:

code

quote="Winzkay"
(surround the upper and lower statement in square brackets [])
/quote

and after this I can type whatever I wanted

which will generate a block quote with "Winzkay:" (and his avartar, if that username exist on the forum) as the title

Now, if I want to do that, this happened:

ayeeeeeeeee

[\quote]

and after this the things I typed will be inside the quote and the "\quote" will be invalid.

[\quote]

WHAT DOES THIS FORUM USE? They say they don't want people to use (and see) BBCode extensively and it's okay but at least they should work as original right?

and no they appeared to not use html or css either. Well, depend on what you are asking.

[end]

___

These were examples directly pulled from the CKEditor's documentation site.

This site is powered by ... (presses F12)

Invisioncic, or Invision community, which uses a alternated form of WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor, which is by CKEditor.

which uses "html flags".

https://ckeditor.com/docs/ckeditor4/latest/examples/basicstyles.html

<blockquote>
One small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.
</blockquote>

<pre>
ask for 11 numbers to be read into a sequence S
reverse sequence S
for each item in sequence S
    call a function to do an operation
    if result overflows
        alert user
    else
        print result

</pre>
And apparently this is not working.

Maybe you will tell me to stop digging up stuff and attempt to pull off cool things, but I wanted to know the "how to" because I can't do them here, and as much as I wanted to figure it out, I believe at least one other person will be interested in knowing the how-to to format the posts.

Edited by CDR_Xavier
added content (see edit history)

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

11 answers to this question

I know you can, and I'm not happy about how I don't get to have it

Here, it says:

Introduction to the IPS4 editor

The IPS Community Suite uses a "What you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) editor that allows for rich content in posts. Posts are composed visually - there's no longer any need to use old-fashioned approaches like BBCode.

The editor we use is an extended version of CKEditor, the leading WYSIWYG web editor. As such, you have access to the wide range of plugins and themes available for CKEditor, and you can install them easily to use them in your community. We'll cover how to do that in later steps.

In IP.Board 3, you could create custom BBCode/Media tags. In IPS4, this is now done by creating custom buttons in the editor, which is completely configurable.

so all I needed to know is to figure out the details of the "custom BBCode/Media tags" or whatever.

If it's your decision to not make these available, then I can do nothing but respect your decision.

If you make these available, then I will be very glad about how my idea is appreciated.

Edited by CDR_Xavier (see edit history)

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

• Administrators
Just now, CDR_Xavier said:

I know you can, and I'm not happy about how I don't get to have it

Here, it says:

so all I needed to know is to figure out the details of the "custom BBCode/Media tags" or whatever.

Only custom one we offer in IPS is the button currently - on the full editor, the section one. We actually removed a bunch we dont consider useful to make things more clean. 

We support all the default IPS4 BBCode

• Administrators
Elcent said:

A quote

Not sure, seems fine for me. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20110103090720/http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?&app=forums&module=extras&section=legends&do=bbcode 

I am not sure if there's newer lists of bbcode that still works, bbcode is disabled by default now. I enabled it for power users.