• maybe
    • No
  2. 2. How much would you play legacy as opposed to reloaded

• just legacy
    • mainly legacy
    • both
    • mainly reloaded
    • just reloaded

I played legacy between early 2016 and late 2017, and I liked it a lot more than reloaded, and basically quit when that was released, however recently (in the last 4 months or so) I've gotten back into SM, and I've been playing it a lot more. Also, I think that reloaded has grown from the smoking pile of garbage it was in when it was released in late 2017 (at least in my opinion) and is now more or less on par to how I remember legacy being (also, just my opinion). However I would really love to be able to play legacy again, on separate servers to reloaded, anyone could play one or the other, whenever they wanted. Please give your honest opinion on this idea, if you love it or hate it, I just wanna see everyone's point of view on this topic.

26 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

I am reloaded guy so legacy it is the past and it is the legacy of today game.  I still play Pac Man  after so many decades. 🙈🙉🙊

its so strange knowing i probably played long before most of the players these days, that have SO MUCH more stuff than me

Just now, Melanös said:

yea well i still got flexed on by your lvl 1 myth mechs, and i played in 2016

hmm, in my case the progress it is been due to farming. Sure after 6 months of free play I got some items not in use except 3 of them and got some premium boxes granting epics but at list got some parts around from the sale during last summer in the forum and others in the regular sale plus some from those packs. I advanced when the game started to grant me many legends with fortune boxes then stopped. 

5 hours ago, Melanös said:

I played legacy between early 2016 and late 2017, and I liked it a lot more than reloaded, and basically quit when that was released, however recently (in the last 4 months or so) I've gotten back into SM, and I've been playing it a lot more. Also, I think that reloaded has grown from the smoking pile of garbage it was in when it was released in late 2017 (at least in my opinion) and is now more or less on par to how I remember legacy being (also, just my opinion). However I would really love to be able to play legacy again, on separate servers to reloaded, anyone could play one or the other, whenever they wanted. Please give your honest opinion on this idea, if you love it or hate it, I just wanna see everyone's point of view on this topic.

Hmm, I really do not know what to say. I think the older players can give opinion about it. I do not have base for opinion in this case. Now, I tested one time due to someone added a link. I think was madao, or someone else and I tried the game for a day or 2. 

I like the current look than before. Now looks more advanced. 🤔

1 hour ago, Alexander said:

Here We Go Again GIF

ok, just tell me, how many people have requested this before xd

17 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

Hmm, I really do not know what to say. I think the older players can give opinion about it. I do not have base for opinion in this case. Now, I tested one time due to someone added a link. I think was madao, or someone else and I tried the game for a day or 2. 

I like the current look than before. Now looks more advanced. 🤔

My reasons for prefering legacy, mainly include how difficult it is to reach top ranks nowadays. you will either need to grind for years or spend hundreds of dollars to reach rank 1, but in legacy that was achievable in a couple of months. Now i DO see how that can be seen as a bad thing, rank 1 should be a difficult achievment to get, and legacy didnt really play that card too well. However I did like the idea that rank 1 was not an unnatainable goal for ftp players. Another thing was the more interesting part system. Legacy and reloaded both have equally interesting parts systems, reloaded's one being fusing, and legacy having many parts locked behind levels. I found the fact that a lvl 3 legendary was far worse than a lvl 30 rare FACINATING, and i wish reloaded had implemented it. Another thing was the seemingly endless grind required to get decent items nowadays, but in legacy, after a couple hours of work, you could already have one or two mythical items. Now before anyone calls me out for just being an annoyed ftp player with no patience, and just wants everything handed to me, i DO think it was a bit TOO easy to get amazing items and top ranks, but that could be effectively changed at any time. And my final reason, is some of the models from legacy are rather poggers, and i feel like they have just kinda been wasted. (items like ultraspade, and the mythical swords and hammers.

Hmm, since I am relativy new in the game this is my in take. 

The game morphed or evolved from the previous version. There was an old player conversion of course affecting the old players money invested etc. 

Some players decided to continue and others not or later passing a year or bit longer it changed a lot.

Those who stayed and transfered they move along the change and quickly they move back or recreated former clans with many former and mew members.

Those old players by logic had an advantage against new players since they converted parts and moved fast or just kept been r1 in full clans. 

Those R1 starting reloaded were crappy if compare now 3-4years later but they stayed been practically r1 in clan recreating power fast enough to walk over the newbies. 

By the time I joined 1 year and 4 months ago they were way ahead of me at all levels. Remember, they transfered old stuff, move back together fast and stay on top from start making the gold, relics etc since then.

To advance now and compete against them it is practically a joke because the arsenal with divine status it is been growing since then plus new items one after another and maxing them out fast.

Any new player to reach r1 now it is difficult investing or not investing money due to power accumulated from old players whom stayed playing without stop. No one can make them guilty because they play that long and gained power that in my case I do not possess developed . 

Yes, grinding it does takes forever to advance. I know maybe better than any player in this game how long take grinding to move to L250 since I developed 2 accounts one in 8 months and one in 10 months to get that level way ahead of those old players since I was one of the first to reach that level last year.

Now, the years of those old players in r1 where get a lot of gold per pvp, relics, boxes, raid, titan etc it is way ahead of me so by default and logic they will overpower me unless become CLEVER. 

That not mean can make it. I reached R2 full stars in 2v2 with mix mechs in 6 months because on those days counters were the rule and many had no idea how to make it properly and dealing against mix mechs like mine well I rolled over them easy breasy. 

My accounts also were not granting much till a period of time like a month or 2 when the game decided to give me good stuff one after another in fortune boxes.

Anyway, years are passing and the entire ways to do things it is changing so nothing stay the same. Believe me, from playing ping pong with atari console using vhs back in the 70's or playing in arcade starting ways till now we are going to have hard time to become permanent r1 but need to use logic in the play. They look the way how to over smart you and plan their mechs many of them and they know what they are looking for.

I do test all the time and I found the way to destroy metas using my same mechs. I take the losses to learn on purpose. Now they come with many of them and I crash them. 

I will find the way always in disadvantage. That it is my fun and making parts step by step not rushing things. 

Sure I can make some of those but it is not my way. I like to experiment with all kind of parts reason why I keep many epics around doing crazy things. 

Sure I get your frustration and I know when many tops are hunting checking whY it is there then set to attack but I call that strategy meaning they are playing the game as should. 

Well, old players like you have lots of ideas since has seen many things and can give some old ideas to implement them if possible. 

In my case I will say that the most important factor here it is the low amount of gold at low ranks to develope and became worse with base.  Gold need to be enhanced so development can progress and people can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sure, drop rate have to improve a bit more on premium packs etc but more gold it is a need and I will say it is the primary factor to move ahead regardless parts availability.

🤔

Yeah, I played on and off for literally 7 years now, with almost all the time being in 2015 and 2016, when I was P2W, when it didn't require payment to win, or insane luck from box drops. Or when we were told the box drop rates, or when there was no upgrading cost.

I'm the real Turtle, simple as that.

I’m serious about trying workshop unlimited. It really gives you the feel of the legacy game. You just select your items and try out builds in the arena. No upgrades, no farming. It was more fun to build but lacked tons of other aspects of the current game.