Death of tacticsoft or not?

Keithon

Question

6 answers to this question

Tactisoft is still a thing but they've moved on to better games since SuperMechs was overcrowding their schedule.

And yes, they're making a sequel to BattleDawn, which is why they dropped SuperMechs from their game catalog, so that's why Gato Games is now in full control of SuperMechs... While the automated event schedule by Tactisoft is going to expire on the 18th of February. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

1 hour ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Tactisoft is still a thing but they've moved on to better games since SuperMechs was overcrowding their schedule.

And yes, they're making a sequel to BattleDawn, which is why they dropped SuperMechs from their game catalog, so that's why Gato Games is now in full control of SuperMechs...

Eh, if I’m reading that correctly, Whiteout, actually, Tacticsoft sold off Battle Dawn to Gato first, and then Super Mechs was sold off to Gato. As far as I know, Tacticsoft no longer has any app games.

Edited by rc (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, rc said:

Eh, if I’m reading that correctly, Whiteout, actually, Tacticsoft sold off BattleDawn to Gato first, and then Super Mechs was sold off to Gato. As far as I know, Tacticsoft no longer has any app games.

I was going off of the knowledge that I saw on the old forums... But Tactisoft going bust isn't a foreign possibility since they were sinking before the transfer, anyways.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

6 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

But Tactisoft going bust isn't a foreign possibility since they were sinking before the transfer, anyways.

What? Who told you that Tacticsoft was going bust? Most likely they are involved into another project. Or simply the owner decides to close the business and save the money while waiting for an opportunity.

The pandemic and the lockdowns gave these internet site development co. a very important boom. And with the aggressive sales campaign that TS developed in 2020 (in addition to minimizing personnel expenses), they surely accumulated a lot of money.

We also don't know exactly what GatoGames is, it could be a totally independent Co. from Tacticsoft (as they are presented) or it could be a second subsidiary Co..

What really stands out is how these game development business (most of them) evolved from real fun sites to real businesses that exploit people's weaknesses (competitiveness, need for social acceptance and recognition, anxiety, addiction to gambling ), to collect money.

Edited by Nefertary Meriten-Mut (see edit history)

firma.jpg.5ad7ed7596a81f94ed0e4ad194f78bfb.jpg

Just now, Nefertary Meriten-Mut said:

What? Who told you that Tacticsoft was going bust?

I said it wasn't a foreign possibility considering how they threw their assets away without much warning.

Also, hello Wepawet. It's been a while.