Frantic Brute post balance

Fordekash

10 hours ago, rc said:

Oh really! Then, why did people in the old forum often complain about getting hit with 800+ damage all the time? Lol, remember L4K3?

With you saying that and you saying Brute is better than Spartan, will you use Brute now?

Yesterday, I had 10 matches in a row. During that time, I only saw one Brute player. The majority were heaters. With that said, I can safely conclude Brute players disagree with you. If Brute is so good now days, shouldn’t I be seeing more Brute players instead of less?

No, I won't use brute because I still don't like them and their rng, and I already have 2 spartans maxed. And you encountering brute players depends on your rank of course. As well as not all players realize how good brute is now.

Just now, SawzAll said:

then premiums should always be, on average better than non-premiums.  Frantic Brute's average damage is 360, Spartan Carnage is 323.  If anything, those should be equal, and then the premium factor for Spartan would be 3 shots rather than 2.

SawzAll, as much as that comment makes sense, you’re forgetting something critical about Brute. Its large RNG, 069-632 prior to the balance change. With that said, it supposed to be a RNG weapon dependent on the opponent’s build, hence its common tier (epic) status. In comparison, Spartan’s damage is more reliable.

Just now, SawzAll said:

As is, you can max out a monkey torso and a dual Frantic Brute player can saw through your mech in 2 turns.  I don't think average damage is the problem: I think it's something in the RNG. 

Now that Alexander changed the stats on Brute, it’s no longer a RNG weapon. Now, it’s a reliable “burst damage” as Shoultz puts it.

Just now, Shoultz262 said:

No, I won't use brute because I still don't like them and their rng, and I already have 2 spartans maxed.

Contrary to what you mentioned about Brute being better than Spartan, it’s good to see you’re actually on Spartan’s side, as it should be. After all, Spartan is a premium weapon.

Just now, Shoultz262 said:

And you encountering brute players depends on your rank of course. As well as not all players realize how good brute is now.

As I told you previously, I’m seeing even less Brutes in rank 5-3, when Brute once flooded that rank levels. That only shows me Brute players have abandoned Brute in favor for something else in the wake of its nerf.

Only time will confirm what I said about Brute being abandoned in the higher ranks. Let’s see what happens.

I’m sure in the lower ranks Brute still flood those rank levels.

37 minutes ago, Liam.M.Lucas_2020 said:

image.png.b9a8d7a34dfe87dd34fb2238bf927677.png

image.png.dc370a2a51feaa3165ecefaf475e693b.png

Old Brute to New Brute = +20 heat.

Spartan Carnage to New Brute = +39 heat.

Old Brute to Old Brute = I don't know. You ask me.

With the power of math, I've solved the problem.

... And with this topic, arguments over the Frantic Brute have never been more stalemate-inducing. 

39 minutes ago, rc said:

I’m sure in the lower ranks Brute still flood those rank levels.

Don't jinx it. I'm already suffering through Hybrids in rank 11 and 10 and I sure as hell do not need Frantic Brutes jumping onto that bandwagon of suffering.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

Eh, Whiteout, I thought Brute flooded the lower ranks already. 🤔

Damn auto merged comments! I’m trying to direct my comments to different people! 🤦‍♂️

Anyway, Shoultz, it’s observant of you to mention Brute’s “burst damage”. It made me think about your comment.

I’ve to you give credit for your “burst damage” comment. After doing some tests on Brute, I see your comment has some merit.

However, I always thought Alexander purposely nerfed Brute. It made no sense for him to it buff (indirectly) since his intent is to nerf it. Thus, it’s the reason why I automatically disagreed with you without giving it much thought on your comment (paraphrased) here: Brute actually getting a buff instead of a nerf, or it’s better than Spartans.

Alexander nerfed it according to its E-D tier. I can confirm this with the one match I had with a dual Brute against my dual Spartan. So far, Spartan still reigns supreme over Brute. I can’t say the same for Nightfall. Oof!

I’ve to do more matches with dual Brute to confirm this. That’s if I get the chance to considering I’m not seeing a lot of Brutes in the arena lately.

After doing some tests on Brute, now I understand its pecking order. Thanks for making me think. I now have a better understanding on Brute post balance.

Edited by rc (see edit history)

3 hours ago, rc said:

Eh, Whiteout, I thought Brute flooded the lower ranks already. 🤔

Think of it like how Brute is with the high ranks now... They aren't present in the lower mid ranks much outside of a few newcomer-type builds.

But if the presence of the Brute appears everywhere, there's gonna be a lot more 500s popping up.

Also, I did 4 arena battles and got 4 wins in a row... But 2 of those battles had people with Spartan Carnage and 1 had a Frantic Brute... Both were irritating but I kinda range bullied the Brute user since they were using Rolling Beasts... And they had the Brute on a dual Malice build that had a Night Eagle for some reason.

#Don'tBullyUnlessIt'sAFranticBruteSpammerToWhichItIsThenJustified

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

Oof! I guess those new players don’t know the value of Brute. If it were me, I'd jump on the Brute bandwagon so fast, you wouldn’t even see me jump on it. I'd do a Flash. I’m strictly speaking for the lower ranks though.

Shoultz, speaking of value, I now regret fusing 2 of my legendary Brute... At least I’ve 2 more legendary Brute. I’m going max those 2 to test out for non-arena usage.

Edited by rc (see edit history)

brute is better now. No doubts. 😉 Even I am not a current user it was my first real primary weapon but instead to use as primary, reckless was better and I trust it but with BRUTE no way Jose. Now, I can jump in to BRUTE for different mech sets. I still have that brutis. Hmm, I might try something. 😉

image.png.c4140748948d73172c388b2b1ccbcf71.png

2 minutes ago, OKI DOKI said:

brute is better now. No doubts. 😉 Even I am not a current user it was my first real primary weapon but instead to use as primary, reckless was better and I trust it but with BRUTE no way Jose. Now, I can jump in to BRUTE for different mech sets. I still have that brutis. Hmm, I might try something. 😉

image.png.c4140748948d73172c388b2b1ccbcf71.png

Maybe I will make more with my reserves as always do. 🙃

image.png.077d5d98a3bd158c1df665aa211cf6d9.png

I encountered more Brutes during my climb back to rank 10 after the end of last season... And well... It's best to watch the replays to see what's wrong.

B704D

and

B7281

I won both of those matches but the Brute shot damage exceeded 400 every time.