How does this happen in matchmaking?

PlainBadLuck

Question

17 answers to this question

Is it currently 2v2 season in Top Ranks? If so, there's a chance that the game doesn't know how to accurately differentiate the low-mid ranks 2v2 matches and the top ranks ones.

It's just a guess of mine but considering how smurfs manage to trick matchmaking by using epic torsos and legs to get matched with low leveled players with an epic torso and legs despite said smurfers usually having mythical/divine weapons + modules + drone while the player they matched with doesn't, the way matchmaking works doesn't seem to be all that consistent. 

Based on the screenshot, it seems like the matchmaking system took a look at your opponent and likely mistook them for an appropriate match due to the nearly similar HP level. Outside of that, I'm not sure how something like that could happen outside of just the plain chance that you and that person entered matchmaking at the same time and managed to match up like that. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

10 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Is it currently 2v2 season in Top Ranks? If so, there's a chance that the game doesn't know how to accurately differentiate the low-mid ranks 2v2 matches and the top ranks ones.

It's just a guess of mine but considering how smurfs manage to trick matchmaking by using epic torsos and legs to get matched with low leveled players with an epic torso and legs despite said smurfers usually having mythical/divine weapons + modules + drone while the player they matched with doesn't, the way matchmaking works doesn't seem to be all that consistent. 

Based on the screenshot, it seems like the matchmaking system took a look at your opponent and likely mistook them for an appropriate match due to the nearly similar HP level. Outside of that, I'm not sure how something like that could happen outside of just the plain chance that you and that person entered matchmaking at the same time and managed to match up like that. 

It was 1v1 season at the time, this match is from last week now.

38 minutes ago, Fordekash said:

I’d have to guess it was an arena challenge and not an actual match? Otherwise you had to be the only two people playing?

This was an actual match, I was trying to get my daily arena coins.

1 hour ago, PlainBadLuck said:

It was 1v1 season at the time, this match is from last week now.

2 hours ago, Fordekash said:

Oh- I know why that sort of thing occurred. It's because rank 15 has a 1v1 alternative mode (for those who only have one mech when entering matchmaking instead of two) that doesn't give any rewards but since matchmaking struggles to handle itself most of the time, it wouldn't be surprising if it takes potential matches from sources that it's normally not allowed to.

I tried doing a rank 15 1v1 battle using a fully myth Zarkares boiler build a long while back and in the first match, I was pitted against a rank 5 energy counter and a rank 5 heat stats-heavy FHA + Claw physical build in the match after that, so the matchmaking likely has an issue with rank 15 1v1s during Top Ranks 1v1s when the rank 15 has a much better mech than what other rank 15 players have.

Like that Zarkares guy with high HP for a rank 15. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

It does happen time to time depending how many players are active at the moment. If there are few then can happen. I have been in R10 fighting R5 or been R7 getting into R1. The game check your modules as well as a base to match you up. Sure sometimes gets out of common sense. The game calculate your mech modules levels including weapons. I tested for a year with my account progress. Every time you level up parts the game compensate for a harder opponent not giving you opportunity to level power against those and increase the health matching against yours. Every time I was or increase HP the game give me higher hp player and the average in my accounts I am in disadvantage and this is not a joke. 

4 hours ago, Clan Red said:

Only a win cheater …..

Not necessarily. There's actually quite a handful of players in rank 15 that have have a myth item or two.

Win cheaters (Smurfs) usually tend to have more than one maxed myth weapon, often opting to have divine weapons and a epic/legendary torso, which is how they fool matchmaking into giving them weaker matchups despite them having divine weapons.

On Ashen Heart (my alt), I encountered several smurfs with full mythical/divine weapon loadouts, some with divine premiums. This screenshot's old but it's my greatest accomplishment on that alt because this guy had a divine Valiant Sniper and 230 cooling but he lost due to range abuse and cooldowns that kept him from being able to move and attack in the same turn.

Screenshot_20211011-155400.thumb.png.d23a8d7962590102a0705cb813792a8f.png

Yes, there are some players at those level with power getting wins. Sure your match possibility due to your drone and roller. If you check your opponent might have torso and advancing legs and weapons are in the legend state. The energy and heat stats are not high and a match HP 1100 vs 1500 it is not uncommon and I was playing those level and the match those happen often. In my progress was something normal and I hated. 

Right now I am playing at R8-R6 average and my mechs at 1900 and 2400 max and my opponents with 2400- 3200hp and fully developed and my mechs are not fully developed but in progress leveling up parts. 

image.png.ebe64c8d1b3db1a920c9f0e30676e733.png

ghhgytew.PNG.5b2f40514ab718d7ab296194b9b9cc79.PNG

My mechs are in current power level and rank according their own power in current development. Sometimes I they move higher and sometimes I am bullied.  I have been developing those parts for months and still lots more. Normally I removed a part developed and replace it with another epic or legend L1 and start again. Modules also were developed in those mechs step by step. 

You can see HP contrast. If you check carefully I have develop some parts already at L50 but mechs are not designed for combat instead it is a a bunch of parts I put together to max little by little not meaning will become a mech in the future.  Now, you can take a look to my opponent and do have some issues too. It might be able to develop a torso but the mech as it is will have issues at 3V3 to get wins. It will be in trouble and also at R5 1V1 will have some problems. The player is keeping lower rank to be able to fight with mechs having some deficiencies as his/her. No much choice even with high HP in the case for claw energy but sure can play at top rank.

For the phys claw hp increased to compensate for lack of resist. The game check those differences then make an average against me having a bit of resist and developed parts even I am at 2400 VS 3000. The match is possible to happen. 

My energy mech was crushed easy against the energy claw. 

18 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Oh absolutely, 2v2 season has been broken like this since forever. If the game struggles to find you an opponent to match you up with you can end up facing people several ranks higher/lower than you even if that shouldn’t be the case given your equipment level.

5 hours ago, OKI DOKI said:

Yes, there are some players at those level with power getting wins. Sure your match possibility due to your drone and roller. If you check your opponent might have torso and advancing legs and weapons are in the legend state. The energy and heat stats are not high and a match HP 1100 vs 1500 it is not uncommon and I was playing those level and the match those happen often. In my progress was something normal and I hated. 

Right now I am playing at R8-R6 average and my mechs at 1900 and 2400 max and my opponents with 2400- 3200hp and fully developed and my mechs are not fully developed but in progress leveling up parts. 

image.png.ebe64c8d1b3db1a920c9f0e30676e733.png

ghhgytew.PNG.5b2f40514ab718d7ab296194b9b9cc79.PNG

My mechs are in current power level and rank according their own power in current development. Sometimes I they move higher and sometimes I am bullied.  I have been developing those parts for months and still lots more. Normally I removed a part developed and replace it with another epic or legend L1 and start again. Modules also were developed in those mechs step by step. 

You can see HP contrast. If you check carefully I have develop some parts already at L50 but mechs are not designed for combat instead it is a a bunch of parts I put together to max little by little not meaning will become a mech in the future.  Now, you can take a look to my opponent and do have some issues too. It might be able to develop a torso but the mech as it is will have issues at 3V3 to get wins. It will be in trouble and also at R5 1V1 will have some problems. The player is keeping lower rank to be able to fight with mechs having some deficiencies as his/her. No much choice even with high HP in the case for claw energy but sure can play at top rank.

For the phys claw hp increased to compensate for lack of resist. The game check those differences then make an average against me having a bit of resist and developed parts even I am at 2400 VS 3000. The match is possible to happen. 

My energy mech was crushed easy against the energy claw. 

Oh, the claw. I remember when it used to be meta, good old days..

54 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Oh absolutely, 2v2 season has been broken like this since forever. If the game struggles to find you an opponent to match you up with you can end up facing people several ranks higher/lower than you even if that shouldn’t be the case given your equipment level.

It gets even stranger when the game ends up pairing you with something that's in rank 10 with divine premiums while you're rank 8 without any divine premiums at all.

At that point, the game's probably freeballing matchups in the hopes of accomplishing the task it's having a hard time understanding. 

I've yet to see that dual divine Sorrow build since that day all that long ago but I'll probably be able to get payback if I cross paths with them once again.. Or probably not since they'll likely have a Platinum Vest instead of a Zarkares by the time that happens. Only time will tell, I guess.

Yes, the dude was a smurf but still, dual divine Sorrows in rank 10 should be illegal.

2 hours ago, Dark conon mech said:

man I hate smurfs in this game they disgusting 

i faced off against this guy in arena like why even smurf bro

scumlord.JPG

He is a great player. I haven't seen him in a while at top clans. Maybe got bored at top. It does happen time to time. Sure at full power ehhh. 🥶 If the player got bored they can build mechs at power level belong to that rank and win or lose fights. I do get bored often to play same 5 guys in the carousel match but I play at respective power level and I win and lose and crushed often. At top you play over and over same players and that it is annoying and sure is good to play them but everyday repeated it is not fun so my play does have variation at R10-R1 if not I will commit seppuku for been bored at pvp. 🤣 Better stick with the farm is my thing. 😉

200px-Seppuku-2.jpg