Jump to content

buff purifier


purifier buff poll  

40 members have voted

  1. 1. should the devs buff the purifier or should they leave it lone? my idea for the buff it to make it have unlimited uses and do increased damage. 230-290 damage (without arena buffs) 0 heat cost and 0 energy cost and with a weight of 25 kg 

    • Yes
      16
    • change the buff
      25


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, UnrealRickAstley said:

ayo wait if its unlimited uses + dmg buff and weight buff, it will be more powerful than nightfall/spartan carnage

No it won’t.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am re-opening this thread (and cleaning out the off-topic stuff) because I still think Purifier should get buffed.  (I'm not cleaning stuff out to be a jerk, and I'm not necroposting in order to annoy anyone, so my apologies ahead of time.)

I still think Purifier should become unlimited use, like Sorrow.  I personally think this would be enough of a buff to make Purifier relevant again (even if it's not overpowered).

Please reply if you think Purifier should get buffed.  If you disagree with how to buff it, reply and tell us how you think it should get buffed.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

I am re-opening this thread (and cleaning out the off-topic stuff) because I still think Purifier should get buffed.  (I'm not cleaning stuff out to be a jerk, and I'm not necroposting in order to annoy anyone, so my apologies ahead of time.)

I still think Purifier should become unlimited use, like Sorrow.  I personally think this would be enough of a buff to make Purifier relevant again (even if it's not overpowered).

Please reply if you think Purifier should get buffed.  If you disagree with how to buff it, reply and tell us how you think it should get buffed.

In my opinion i agree with that, i think the unlimited use is enought, it has good damage for the weight and is no cost but its use make it much more limited so i would be for it to be illimited use .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Electro said:

The problem of the fact that we use of purifier too rarely come from the fact that the user save it's use, since there is no resist drain there is only interest to use last but i have also a 2nd possibility to this ; it is also possible that the player save it but not because for it have not resist drain but because it only 2 uses and it if ends up running out it could no longer be used with a nightfall for example in the same turn ( basically just for can use 2 weapon in 1 turn )

i used and use them in pair with res drainers, after 2nd round you kinda like almost dead, but only used res drainers and still have both purifiers uses, and after use both dying because you isnt have enough dps, tried it with other weaponory, but single superb outperform it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, PaintedAshwithSnow said:

i used and use them in pair

That maybe the fault, the purifier is a support dps ; is here to be with a another weapon with 2-4 range to add dps with a lightest weapon, with low damage, no resist drain and limited uses the purifier can't be a main dps.

27 minutes ago, PaintedAshwithSnow said:

after 2nd round you kinda like almost dead, but only used res drainers and still have both purifiers uses

seem a bit exaggerated to me, the must also use those res drainer and after the test generally the fight lasts 6 tour average

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Electro said:

That maybe the fault, the purifier is a support dps ; is here to be with a another weapon with 2-4 range to add dps with a lightest weapon, with low damage, no resist drain and limited uses the purifier can't be a main dps.

seem a bit exaggerated to me, the must also use those res drainer and after the test generally the fight lasts 6 tour average

well, dps kinda ok on longer time, but you dont have it, also as i wrote tried use it as support util weapon and honestly just dead weight, superb alone just neglet 2 uses of it, even Last resort vulcan have more logical uses in this way then purifier

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Generally speaking, I think that your opinion shouldn't count unless you are R9 or higher, or actually have a Purifier that you use.

I don't think even a fourth of this thread's commentators actually own a Purifier, and probably haven't  even played against one. I would like you all to bear in mind that Purifier is a light, energy-free weapon WITH NO HEAT COST. It's lack of disadvantages are what makes it a premium weapon.

But just because it has few cons doesn't mean it is a strong item, you could, at most, get MAYBE 580 damage with it if your opponent had like -60 phys res. I would love to see a Purifier meta for the sole reason that it is fun to use. I think the only change needed is unlimited uses. It's meant to be annoying and hard to deal with, not a high-DPT item. 

Edited by Bland (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Bland said:

Generally speaking, I think that your opinion shouldn't count unless you are R9 or higher, or actually have a Purifier that you use.

I think it would be better to trust the player r1 only, he generally has much more experience to arrive r1 while r3 for example since he is not r1 and well that probably means that his experiences do not are not really refined in any case not enough to arrive in the top ranks, r9 is very early (I am r13 with only 5 months of play in ftp)

23 minutes ago, Bland said:

I don't think even a fourth of this thread's commentators actually own a Purifier, and probably haven't  even played against one. I would like you all to bear in mind that Purifier is a light, energy-free weapon WITH NO HEAT COST. It's lack of disadvantages are what makes it a premium weapon.

But just because it has few cons doesn't mean it is a strong item, you could, at most, get MAYBE 580 damage with it if your opponent had like -60 phys res. I would love to see a Purifier meta for the sole reason that it is fun to use. I think the only change needed is unlimited uses. It's meant to be annoying and hard to deal with, not a high-DPT item. 

I pretty much agree with that, I think purifier only needs unlimited use (as a reminder; purifiers has average damage almost identical to sweetie but sweetie weighs 17 kg more and have a heat cost )

However ..

24 minutes ago, Bland said:

MAYBE 580 damage with it if your opponent had like -60 phys res.

mathematically it is not possible, if the opponent have -60 phy res you can get 365 damage max, if you want does 580 damage with a purifier the opponent should have -175 res .

7w42.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Electro said:

I think it would be better to trust the player r1 only, he generally has much more experience to arrive r1 while r3 for example since he is not r1 and well that probably means that his experiences do not are not really refined in any case not enough to arrive in the top ranks, r9 is very early (I am r13 with only 5 months of play in ftp)

I pretty much agree with that, I think purifier only needs unlimited use (as a reminder; purifiers has average damage almost identical to sweetie but sweetie weighs 17 kg more and have a heat cost )

However ..

mathematically it is not possible, if the opponent have -60 phy res you can get 365 damage max, if you want does 580 damage with a purifier the opponent should have -175 res .

7w42.png

I meant 580 damage total based off of my use history with Purifier as a max myth weapon, but overall, you're correct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Activity

    1. 7

      Inventory management

    2. 6,431

      - - - F l e x - T h r e a d - - -

    3. 27

      My new Super Mechs account

    4. 7

      Inventory management

    5. 985

      True or False forum game

    6. 27

      My new Super Mechs account

    7. 985

      True or False forum game

×
×
  • Create New...