Windigo needs a nerf

SonnY-ku

Should we nerf Windigo?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should we nerf Windigo?

• This item needs a buff
    • This item is fine
    • This item needs a nerf
  2. 2. Second option: Exchange Windigo's HP with Brutality ?

• Do this change
    • Do not do this change
    • Tweak this change

Hi everyone, I have been playing SM for a long time with Hollow Spectral Armor and Rusty Energy Armor (the mech torsos with the most HP) and then by chance I took a look at the Windigo, (I remembered that Windigo had around 900 HP and ((((IT DIDN'T)))) have 30 physical resistance))) But currently it has 1209 HP and 30 physical resistance. This seems to me a very exaggerated buff, that is to say that a torso of epic origin rivals and / or surpasses a torso of origin Legendary like Archimonde and the monkey heads. This is why I suggest a nerf to Windigo.

625306055_Capturadepantalla(48).png.efef486cbdb53be7038d662e70150136.png927623149_Capturadepantalla(47).png.8f0dc1d45c9bc87981f0d9b4f0fd04bb.png1375779752_Capturadepantalla(46).png.09c21360fecfde6bd2da12363ad30d55.png

Compare Windigo's stats with Archimonde: (the bad things) Archimonde weighs more, it has less HP, it has less cooling, it has less heat, it has less physical resistance (the bad things)

(the good things) it has +6 explosive resist, it has a bit more energy (let's not even compare the regeneration because the difference in advantage is useless) (the good things)

If you compare Windigo with Brutality you will realize that it has nothing of brutality, that is, Brutality is no match against Windigo.

and in the case of the monkeys the difference of HP is very little against Windigo.

*1)I suggest reducing Windigo's HP and its physical resistance.    OR

*2)A good idea to rebalance and improve the statistics would be to change the HP of Windigo with Brutality in this way brutality will not be an abandoned item and will have 1209 HP, and Windigo will still have 30 Pys resist but 1070 HP.

15 hours ago, epicspeedster said:

They will not nerf a buffed item, however they will buff brut, zark, archi, and HPV

now they have to buff all the other torsos so that Windigo becomes a moderately good torso again and not so powerful.

I hope they at least do that last thing you said.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 9:44 PM, SonnY-ku said:

stance.    OR

*2)A good idea to rebalance and improve the statistics would be to change the HP of Windigo with Brutality in this way brutality will not be an abandoned item and will have 1209 HP, and Windigo will still have 30 Pys resist but 1070 HP.

Not every torso can be the best.  I believe Windigo as specifically buffed because we needed to have at least one torso that was not premium to be powerful enough to take the player into upper ranks.  Which is why Windigo is now listed in the META thread, for example.

I have researched this topic extensively using WU (even though it's not perfect) and I found that (stats only, not accounting for how heavy the torsos are) that Avenger and Hollow Spectral Armor were more powerful than Windigo, and that Nightmare was about equal to Windigo.  But that's overall (I had 3 lineups of heat, energy, and physical tests for them).

I think there's not really a way to determine if it was overbuffed without looking at all the other torsos in some sort of mathematical, scientific way.  Maybe the solution is to request for the other torsos to be buffed?

But again, we come back to the fact that not all the torsos can be the best.  There is going to be a torso somewhere that isn't the best.  And given that Brutality isn't premium, in theory that's ok: if it was premium, that would be more of a problem.

So my 2 cents: maybe creating buff request threads for the other torsos is the way to go?

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

2 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Not every torso can be the best.  I believe Windigo as specifically buffed because we needed to have at least one torso that was not premium to be powerful enough to take the player into upper ranks.  Which is why Windigo is now listed in the META thread, for example.

I have researched this topic extensively using WU (even though it's not perfect) and I found that (stats only, not accounting for how heavy the torsos are) that Avenger and Hollow Spectral Armor were more powerful than Windigo, and that Nightmare was about equal to Windigo.  But that's overall (I had 3 lineups of heat, energy, and physical tests for them).

I think there's not really a way to determine if it was overbuffed without looking at all the other torsos in some sort of mathematical, scientific way.  Maybe the solution is to request for the other torsos to be buffed?

But again, we come back to the fact that not all the torsos can be the best.  There is going to be a torso somewhere that isn't the best.  And given that Brutality isn't premium, in theory that's ok: if it was premium, that would be more of a problem.

So my 2 cents: maybe creating buff request threads for the other torsos is the way to go?

It seems that you did not read everything, but hey, I will explain it again: the main problem is that Windigo is buffed due to the fact that being an item of epic origin surpasses an item of legendary origin, (then ¿what the hell is Archimonde good for? I have Windigo which is a MUCH easier item to obtain than Archimonde) Apparently the only usefulness of Archimonde is to improve an item to mythical, and that all new players use Windigo and nothing else.

Windigo should be at the level of Brutality and Zark, not surpass them, because if not most of the legendary cards(mech torsos) that you get would be just trash (within what would be the mech torsos) very few torsos of legendary origin are viable above Windigo.

2 minutes ago, SonnY-ku said:

It seems that you did not read everything, but hey, I will explain it again: the main problem is that Windigo is buffed due to the fact that being an item of epic origin surpasses an item of legendary origin, (then ¿what the hell is Archimonde good for? I have Windigo which is a MUCH easier item to obtain than Archimonde) Apparently the only usefulness of Archimonde is to improve an item to mythical, and that all new players use Windigo and nothing else.

Windigo should be at the level of Brutality and Zark, not surpass them, because if not most of the legendary cards(mech torsos) that you get would be just trash (within what would be the mech torsos) very few torsos of legendary origin are viable above Windigo.

Please see the Archimond buff request post.  It's being addressed.

1 minute ago, SonnY-ku said:

Thanks

No problem.  And you're right.  Windigo was made basically the flagship of F2P torsos.  Archimond, as a premium, should be better.  So either it should be made non-premium (and everyone who owns it given a legendary power kit at least) or it should be buffed so it's better than Windigo.

On that thread, I gave my opinion that a 150 hp buff (at divine, no arena stuff) should make it very competitive without making it better than the monkeys or vests: basically, elevating it to almost equal status but not killing off other things in the meta.

• 2 years later...
On 3/8/2021 at 8:44 PM, SonnY-ku said:

Hi everyone, I have been playing SM for a long time with Hollow Spectral Armor and Rusty Energy Armor (the mech torsos with the most HP) and then by chance I took a look at the Windigo, (I remembered that Windigo had around 900 HP and ((((IT DIDN'T)))) have 30 physical resistance))) But currently it has 1209 HP and 30 physical resistance. This seems to me a very exaggerated buff, that is to say that a torso of epic origin rivals and / or surpasses a torso of origin Legendary like Archimonde and the monkey heads. This is why I suggest a nerf to Windigo.

625306055_Capturadepantalla(48).png.efef486cbdb53be7038d662e70150136.png927623149_Capturadepantalla(47).png.8f0dc1d45c9bc87981f0d9b4f0fd04bb.png1375779752_Capturadepantalla(46).png.09c21360fecfde6bd2da12363ad30d55.png

Compare Windigo's stats with Archimonde: (the bad things) Archimonde weighs more, it has less HP, it has less cooling, it has less heat, it has less physical resistance (the bad things)

(the good things) it has +6 explosive resist, it has a bit more energy (let's not even compare the regeneration because the difference in advantage is useless) (the good things)

If you compare Windigo with Brutality you will realize that it has nothing of brutality, that is, Brutality is no match against Windigo.

and in the case of the monkeys the difference of HP is very little against Windigo.

*1)I suggest reducing Windigo's HP and its physical resistance.    OR

My poor Archimonde is always gonna be a**, so why why you nerf Windigo to make it the same way?

On 3/22/2021 at 6:08 PM, SawzAll said:

No problem.  And you're right.  Windigo was made basically the flagship of F2P torsos.  Archimond, as a premium, should be better.  So either it should be made non-premium (and everyone who owns it given a legendary power kit at least) or it should be buffed so it's better than Windigo.

On that thread, I gave my opinion that a 150 hp buff (at divine, no arena stuff) should make it very competitive without making it better than the monkeys or vests: basically, elevating it to almost equal status but not killing off other things in the meta.

Me with a max Achimonde: 🤡