EMP slight buff: wt to 50, dmg to 41-63, e. dmg to 404 like heat bomb

SawzAll

EMP slight buff: wt to 50, dmg to 41-63, e. dmg to 404 like heat bomb  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should we buff EMP?

• EMP needs a buff
    • EMP is fine
    • EMP should be nerfed
  2. 2. Do you agree with proposal? ( (Wt to 50, dmg to 41-63, e. dmg to 404 like heat bomb)

• Do this change (as proposed)
    • Do not do this change (do not buff EMP)
    • Tweak this change: buff EMP but not this much (please reply)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/17/2021 at 06:48 PM

EMP is a pain in the neck for lower rank already, clearly you are only talking for high ranker. What do you think would happen to lower rank? Yes full of energy mechs but then why do the other types even exist? Im using heat mech THAT REQUIRE ENERGY and the current emp is already OP in lower rank. I DISAGREE WITH THIS PLEASE DO NOT BUFF EMP. Energy already to extra damage when drained. Thats huge just STAHP

15 hours ago, DefinitelyNotTrophy said:

it isnt even about the emp vs heat bomb

the attention should be on the dual mods alienating both of these weapons from the top ranks

In warfare, when your enemy designs a better counter to your weapon (i.e. combined mods versus EMP), you improve your weapon to compensate.  All of warfare science and warfare technology is ultimately power creep.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Ok, I get it, but really, I think the main reason energy mechs can be overpowered, or look that way, in low and mid ranks is because people tend to upgrade torsos, legs, and weapons before modules.

Almost every time I've helped a newbie in low to mid ranks who is trying to get better, like their first time really asking these types of questions, almost every time their modules are horrible.

And module upgrading is probably the most boring part of the game because, unlike weapons and torsos and such, you don't see the results as quickly.   It's more visceral and exciting to hit someone with a heck of a lot more damage when you max out a weapon than it is to simply have higher heat/energy stats.

So I don't think your conclusion that EMP being lightened would make energy mechs overpowered is entirely correct.  I think it's more that they would seem overpowered, and only because of people's upgrade practices.  Mine were the same way: torsos and weapons first.

I didn't get out of mid ranks until I upgraded my modules.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

actually, the emp was a whopping 25kg before its first and second nerfs, so if the emp was never nerfed in the first place and was allowed to stay as it was back then but in the now current flood of dual mods that showcase 650/400+ encap/regen builds, then people would be rocking 2 (sensibly, of course) of them with almost no drawback whatsoever.

tl;dr: lightening the emp will make energy op, and also a "shoot-first-to-win" game (energy counters as the exception)

Edited by DefinitelyNotTrophy (see edit history)

11 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Ok, I get it, but really, I think the main reason energy mechs can be overpowered, or look that way, in low and mid ranks is because people tend to upgrade torsos, legs, and weapons before modules.

Almost every time I've helped a newbie in low to mid ranks who is trying to get better, like their first time really asking these types of questions, almost every time their modules are horrible.

And module upgrading is probably the most boring part of the game because, unlike weapons and torsos and such, you don't see the results as quickly.   It's more visceral and exciting to hit someone with a heck of a lot more damage when you max out a weapon than it is to simply have higher heat/energy stats.

So I don't think your conclusion that EMP being lightened would make energy mechs overpowered is entirely correct.  I think it's more that they would seem overpowered, and only because of people's upgrade practices.  Mine were the same way: torsos and weapons first.

I didn't get out of mid ranks until I upgraded my modules.

But thats what the emp is for, draining large quantities of energy. Most lower rank player have about 300 to 500 energy and heat, thats 1 emp and a malice beam and boom you're drained.