Red Pill Me on Base - Will I get more free premiums?

A Happy F4ce

Base  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should I activate Base?

2. 2. If you have activated base, do you feel like you are getting more, less or the same amount of free premiums?

3. 3. Is fusion more difficult with base, given that you cannot buy boxes, or is there something I'm missing?

ok so, when base first came out I was highly skeptical, and as such I never activated it.

but I'm curious about the potential to get more free premium and legendary items.

how does it work? do you get to chose a category of item? do you get to specifically craft a premium or is it up to chance?

how do you handle fusing the items once you get them without the ability to buy silver boxes? does base give you fuse kits aswell?

for those who have activated base: do you feel like you are getting more or less or the same amount of free goodies as before? is fusion more difficult or still easily managable?

I'll put up a poll, but it would be nice if anyone could answer my questions directly.

currently leaning towards enabling it, for the simple fact it allows me a channel between gold and premiums which simply doesn't exist without base - allbeit a seemingly long and frustrating channel, but a channel nonetheless.

so my inclination is it is not worth it if you spend a lot of money in the game, but is worth it if you spend very infrequently, or not at all.

before I enable I'm gonna wait and see if I hear any glaring problems with it, and try and set myself up so that I can breeze through the adaptation period.

I spent a while investigating the drop rates. It costs over 3 million per legendary.

This is because for a "chance of legendary" card, it costs over 300k. The drop rates for these are 10%. On an old hacked account when I was getting rid of tokens and fooding everything that gave me an advantage, I opened 300 as a test. I got 30 legendaries.

Obviously you cant get legendaries from sliver boxes, but I think it might be cheaper to fuse an epic up to legendary than to buy a legendary from base. And its best not to ignore the time it takes. I skipped 100 card's production times during this test, it cost over 5600 tokens per skip. I cant remember how long, but its a very long time.

Consider the cost of upgrading the base to level 20 too. You also have to upgrade the factories, so time is a massive factor there too.

You can produce kits with base, but they are "chance of rare" and are level 1

"Religion is ignorance of reality" - Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

BASE.thumb.png.84fce035f6d640c3d40170a2a550abee.png 

Base is good, you can collect 22 000 coins per goldmine (lvl 19). 4 x 22 000= 88 000 coins, is actually not bad for every 12 hours

Spoiler

Ps- sorry my base is not max yet, still working on it. Not cheap tho...

Ah yes you can reduce the factory upgrade times. In arena shop

For card is cost reduce and times.

27 minutes ago, GeometricalTaco said:

I spent a while investigating the drop rates. It costs over 3 million per legendary.

This is because for a "chance of legendary" card, it costs over 300k. The drop rates for these are 10%. On an old hacked account when I was getting rid of tokens and fooding everything that gave me an advantage, I opened 300 as a test. I got 30 legendaries.

Obviously you cant get legendaries from sliver boxes, but I think it might be cheaper to fuse an epic up to legendary than to buy a legendary from base. And its best not to ignore the time it takes. I skipped 100 card's production times during this test, it cost over 5600 tokens per skip. I cant remember how long, but its a very long time.

Consider the cost of upgrading the base to level 20 too. You also have to upgrade the factories, so time is a massive factor there too.

You can produce kits with base, but they are "chance of rare" and are level 1

the time is definitely worth considering.

do you happen to recall how much gold and time it took to max out the base? I know you said you can't remember the exact time it took, but do you know a rough ball-park figure on a legendary card? I had a snoop around youtube but most videos are just opening cards anmd boxes which already finished and dont mention how long it actually took.

1 minute ago, Norman said:

Ah yes you can reduce the factory upgrade times. In arena shop

For card is cost reduce and times.

Hi, thanks for your input.

do you know offhand what the cost and time is for a legendary card once the arena shop and base are max level? and how long did it take you roughly to reach full base?

sorry if this sounds like an interrogation lol. just trying to help myself and others make an informed and unbiased decision on whether to enable.

thanks

4 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

do you happen to recall how much gold and time it took to max out the base? I know you said you can't remember the exact time it took, but do you know a rough ball-park figure on a legendary card? I had a snoop around youtube but most videos are just opening cards anmd boxes which already finished and dont mention how long it actually took.

It was around 5 hours per card if I remember correctly, as for the upgrade times for the base, probably 48 hours or around that. As for the price, I have no idea, but most likely over a million

Base is really good for when you're maxed and you have a couple million gold on you. It's very expensive and if you don't have enough it can get really hard to max.

But if you are a top ranker and farm for gold everyday, it's very very helpful. 

I've gotten an overload preventer, a backbreaker, a red rain, a spinefall, and a magma blast. And those are just the premiums that I care about.

Here's how I do things.  Feel free to not do it my way.

First, I used math to figure out that the most cost-effective way to upgrade items is building "common items" in the factories.

So how I do things (and partially, if I had it to do all over again) is I do not upgrade factories.  Not until my gold mines and base are as high as I can get them.

And only when gold mines are max'd do I start upgrading factories to about level 15 to get power kits.

But I do all my arena matches and farm the campaigns for gold also.

Let's just say that from about 1 December to just recently, my 3 factories were building 24/7 common items.

During that time I max'd my three monkey torsos and mythical'd like 5 items.  And I also did a lot of module work (made probably 20 legendary items).

I think the base is worth it ONLY if you go into it trying to be frugal.  If you're a newbie, probably stick with silver boxes is my opinion, unless you start doing things like subscribing to the $5/month tokens or something (like I do).

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Base in current statement a total crap, yes chance for good free premium stuff is good, but firstly you must invest ton of resources and time (like 3+ month minimum) and actually forget about any kind of fast upgrade of your items on this time as well, also chance of get something useful not very high (from my experience for half year of crafting 3-4 cards non stop, i got only 2 useful items) If you not r1-3 player which really isn't have items to upgrade and you really no need something from regular items and you have good amount of gold, then you can activate it, but be prepare to think on 10 steps far and isn't expect from base something big.

Edited by JustAndromedaInshape (see edit history)

My current thinking to avoid this long “rough period” before the base reaches full potential is to stockpile silver boxes and about 20mil gold before starting. But on the other hand doing so basically means just prolonging the time it will take to get the base feature fully optimised.

I’m also hearing that while base does give some free premiums it’s not exactly a full alternative to spending and that I should measure my expectations for what will come out of it even when fully optimised.

one thing is still drawing me to it however, and that’s the increased automation of the game which comes through base. I think everyone agrees that this game is far far too heavy on the grind component. I don’t like having to remember to play campaign missions, and spend an hour clicking monotonously when I have enough saved to upgrade. So the gold mines which basically give me the gold automatically, and the kit production which saves time on box opening click click click, are actually just as attractive to me as the potential for a slow but constant drip of potential legendaries.

what are some base enabled players thoughts on the automation component? Do you find yourself having to spend less time click click clicking or am is this just wishful thinking?

2 minutes ago, Fidelio said:

My current thinking to avoid this long “rough period” before the base reaches full potential is to stockpile silver boxes and about 20mil gold before starting. But on the other hand doing so basically means just prolonging the time it will take to get the base feature fully optimised.

I’m also hearing that while base does give some free premiums it’s not exactly a full alternative to spending and that I should measure my expectations for what will come out of it even when fully optimised.

one thing is still drawing me to it however, and that’s the increased automation of the game which comes through base. I think everyone agrees that this game is far far too heavy on the grind component. I don’t like having to remember to play campaign missions, and spend an hour clicking monotonously when I have enough saved to upgrade. So the gold mines which basically give me the gold automatically, and the kit production which saves time on box opening click click click, are actually just as attractive to me as the potential for a slow but constant drip of potential legendaries.

what are some base enabled players thoughts on the automation component? Do you find yourself having to spend less time click click clicking or am is this just wishful thinking?

Personally its actually more clicking. It only opens 10, maybe 20 cards at a time, the same amount as silver boxes when you buy a big pack. And then you have to click more for the production as you click once per every item you want.

I think I’ve come to a decision.

ultimately I think “it depends” is the best answer. If I were relatively new and still advancing I think the base would just stifle and prolong my progress.

however, being that I already have progressed as far as the nasty rap progression allows and have stagnated due to simply not having the new premiums - bass is my only alternative to massive spending if I want to move forward. Really the only limiting factor for me at the moment is a lack of new kit so I’m not overly concerned with being in a rough patch which would totally stall progression since my progression has already reached a natural end anyway.

I’m not going to expect miracles - but I also think long-term this is simply all that’s “left” for me to do besides fighting arena with the same old crap I already got lmao. I can do that anyway as I wait for my base to mature.

thanks everyone for your input 👊

My experience. I activated because I figured they will force you in to base at some point and I didn’t want to be behind the ball when that happened.

at the time I activated I wasn’t playing much so the base produced items at a good rate for me to fuse.

things changed in my life and I play a couple hours a day now. The base does not produce items at a satisfactory rate for me. As a result I can’t get my gold under 40mill so there is wasted potential there.

all that being said if you play less than an hour a day, the base is awesome once you get it built. If you play more than an hour a day don’t active it because it will hinder your ability to upgrade items.

I also have regret once I accidentally active my base. But it change a lot since I upgrade and upgrade it, but sure bad thing about it silver box will be remove.😦

Anyways farm gold at camping first, until you think it was enough to upgrade your base.

Ps-I make around 3.5M coin every weeks in camping.🤭