What don't people understand about the META?

SawzAll

I'm going to start off by saying that I'm only rank 10/11 in the arena and have been playing the game only about 3 months.

I recently heard some anonymous high-ranking person say they do not understand the META that CleverName has so graciously posted for us.

I'm not going to say I fully understand it, because I am not God and there's no way to 100% know everything in the universe.

But I can build the same mechs in WU and then fight them against each other and learn how they work.

And I can watch replays of the top 10 players' fights in the arena.

To me, META seems understandable, but maybe I'm missing something.  I'm not insulting those who don't understand it.  I'm asking what don't people understand about META?  (I'm not going to be the one answering that question because I'm still new.)

Please post what you don't understand about META here.  Maybe someone can answer it.  And maybe we all can learn.  I know I could use some learning 🙂 

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• SawzAll changed the title to What don't people understand about the META?
29 minutes ago, Sparks said:

You know... WU bot's AI isn't really  good. It can't use drone and sword. Also, he's making really wrong moves.

I don't use the WU AI.  I use both mechs and fight to win, as competitively as possible.   WU is great.

33 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Oh yes dude, you're smart.

Good job.

Never said that.  In fact, I pointed out that I may be missing something: i.e. I may think I understand it, but maybe in reality I don't.

On 1/8/2021 at 6:32 PM, SawzAll said:

I don't use the WU AI.  I use both mechs and fight to win, as competitively as possible.   WU is great.

Never said that.  In fact, I pointed out that I may be missing something: i.e. I may think I understand it, but maybe in reality I don't.

Because you don't and Clevername's META remains unachievable for many, and is also not the real META, because it is very situational. It also doesn't include all META builds, and whilst it is very good. Looking at those mechs doesn't mean that you'll understand it, since as you can see the META evolves, and while a top player might notice that changing one module would greatly benefit the mech, due to the amount of mechs of a certain kind in the arena, you won't.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

5 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

Because you don't and Clevername's META remains unachievable for many, and is also not the real META, because it is very situational. It also doesn't include all META builds, and whilst it is very good. Looking at those mechs doesn't mean that you'll understand it, since as you can see the META evolves, and while a top player might notice that changing one module would greatly benefit the mech, due to the amount of mechs of a certain kind in the arena, you won't.

It's unachievable for anyone who isn't rich or incredibly lucky. 🙂  But I test out my builds, and talk to others and get advice from other players.  I'm not the expert, and I really don't care to ever become the expert either.  But what I was saying about maybe not understanding it is called academic humility: I acknowledge that I am only one person, and I can't know everything.

But I can definitely go and test it out in WU.

I appreciate you sharing about the META, and teaching me some stuff.