Suggestion- Make Ultrahot, Supercharge, and Mighty protector Epic-Mythical BUT reduce their resist.

Zutchse

As we know that fortresses outshines l-m protectors with higher stats (Plasma/Electric vs. Ultrahot/Supercharge) AND with added hp but with the ONLY DOWNSIDE of higher weight.

image.png.62885dff6fd037c093b8f90604d9f3ed.png vs. image.png.20521571b3cf08fbcd76a5570b786951.png

What's the reason why protectors are L-M when there's another L-M resistance that outshines them? this does not make any sense at all. This resistances mostly became food if the player had fortresses.

So my proposal is, make those protectors as E-M item instead of L-M item WITH decreased resistance.

MIGHTY PROTECTOR

Weight // 28 -> 30

Resistance // 88 -> 60

SUPERCHARGE PROTECTOR

Weight // 28 -> 30

Resistance // 88 -> 60

ULTRAHOT PROTECTOR

Weight // 28 -> 30

Resistance // 88 -> 60

Why did I propose this?

- To make the game at least playable and fair for free to play and p2w players

- To make this module useful and a good alternative if the player do not have the fortress

- to make other L-M items more accessible by lowering some items that do not really belong to L-M

I'm open-minded so feel free to criticize or suggest a better argument for this items

25 minutes ago, Zutchse said:

As we know that fortresses outshines l-m protectors with higher stats (Plasma/Electric vs. Ultrahot/Supercharge) AND with added hp but with the ONLY DOWNSIDE of higher weight.

image.png.62885dff6fd037c093b8f90604d9f3ed.png vs. image.png.20521571b3cf08fbcd76a5570b786951.png

What's the reason why protectors are L-M when there's another L-M resistance that outshines them? this does not make any sense at all. This resistances mostly became food if the player had fortresses.

So my proposal is, make those protectors as E-M item instead of L-M item WITH decreased resistance.

MIGHTY PROTECTOR

Weight // 28 -> 30

Resistance // 88 -> 60

SUPERCHARGE PROTECTOR

Weight // 28 -> 30

Resistance // 88 -> 60

ULTRAHOT PROTECTOR

Weight // 28 -> 30

Resistance // 88 -> 60

Why did I propose this?

- To make the game at least playable and fair for free to play and p2w players

- To make this module useful and a good alternative if the player do not have the fortress

- to make other L-M items more accessible by lowering some items that do not really belong to L-M

I'm open-minded so feel free to criticize or suggest a better argument for this items

I don’t really understand 

6 hours ago, Zutchse said:

MIGHTY PROTECTOR

Weight // 28 -> 30

Resistance // 88 -> 60

you are saying they get outshined, yet you drop the effectiveness and increase the weight. that'll only make then more useless. 

fair for free to play and p2w

there is no fairness between free players and paid players. they paid for it, period. if you want an advantage, pay. stop complaining about how the paid players always gets good stuff. if you work hard, farm a lot, and don't give up on it, you'll get those same good stuff too, eventually. 

So my proposal is, make those protectors as E-M item instead of L-M item

if you make these ones E-M, then what are you gona do with the R-E ones? trash them or combine them into R-M?

L-M when there's another L-M resistance that outshines them? this does not make any sense at all.

they have their use, they are lighter. for those who don't have as much free space. At this point, res is probably seem as more important than loads of hp. having high res at low weight is still better than not having any due to overweight. 

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

1 hour ago, AftoKrator_ said:

you are saying they get outshined, yet you drop the effectiveness and increase the weight. that'll only make then more useless. 

I wanted to justify the protectors being E-M status by reducing its premium stats and increasing the weight. I wanted the module to be widely available even in fortune or mix boxes.

there is no fairness between free players and paid players. they paid for it, period. if you want an advantage, pay. stop complaining about how the paid players always gets good stuff. if you work hard, farm a lot, and don't give up on it, you'll get those same good stuff too, eventually. 

I agree, the p2w players still paid for the content they want, which means there's really no fairness.

if you make these ones E-M, then what are you gona do with the R-E ones? trash them or combine them into R-M?

Make them Common-Rare since the protectors are now E-M

they have their use, they are lighter. for those who don't have as much free space. At this point, res is probably seem as more important than loads of hp. having high res at low weight is still better than not having any due to overweight. 

I think players would prefer an item that has better stats than its another equivalent. Besides, yes they're lighter but it does not really matter because the stats the fortresses gives outweighs the risk which is its weight.

look:

image.png.7173553ad910e792a6d9225586909ab0.png

image.png.9185e70a4e3bf49f2150cf3945925e04.png

498(no arena buff)- 848 hp (max buff) when the 3 fortresses combined BUT the weight added is just 36.

Lets say the player maxed out your weight (1015) with the fortress equipped, this will reduce the hp of mech to 225 if im not mistaken but the player still gain 273- 623 hp, which is nothing compared to protectors.

here's another example where i added a platinum plate with protectors equipped:image.png.831a2e9cf8294a0a3a4832f7b5a57a6c.png

fortress W/O platinum plate

image.png.f0360f7c0caaf0374a98778d79fb0c14.png

there's 200 hp and 4 weight difference between the two.

15 minutes ago, Zutchse said:

Make them Common-Rare

It's irealistic, all common items have not resist or resist drain .

Otherwise i don't think the classic resist module need to be e - m, the player considering lucky to have them will see those items become less rare and less strong .

The best thing to do in my opinion is add the forteress e - m version but less trong like damaged armor dissolver for damaged armor annihilator .

Edited by Electro (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Zutchse said:

I wanted to justify the protectors being E-M status by reducing its premium stats and increasing the weight. I wanted the module to be widely available even in fortune or mix boxes.

there's no need to justify anything. dropping the rarity will already make it more assessable through mix and fortune boxes. 

Make them Common-Rare since the protectors are now E-M

kinda pointless. what you gona drop the stats to??? 4 res? that much weight for 4 res....... plus, don't make the game too easy for beginners

I think players would prefer an item that has better stats than its another equivalent. Besides, yes they're lighter but it does not really matter because the stats the fortresses gives outweighs the risk which is its weight.

overweight by 36 kg is a lot. that's -540 hp. 

7 hours ago, Electro said:

forteress e - m version

no. fortress are meant to be on a different level compared to protectors because they offer hp. they are considered as combined modules.... and all combined modules (except CSU (not the college)) is premium. you can't just drop the bars like that. 

plus, that'll make the game too easy for beginners. you gota work for the good stuff. if the good stuff are place right at your face in the beginning, then why work? 

48 minutes ago, AftoKrator_ said:

no. fortress are meant to be on a different level compared to protectors because they offer hp. they are considered as combined modules.... and all combined modules (except CSU (not the college)) is premium. you can't just drop the bars like that. 

plus, that'll make the game too easy for beginners. you gota work for the good stuff. if the good stuff are place right at your face in the beginning, then why work? 

Very clear explanation, I had considered making it less stronger than it's normal premium version with more weights and less resist than the forteress but it look like you were right .

also :

Armor annihilator : was premium and is the "normal" version .

Damaged armor annihilator : was premium too and it's a backfire version of the armor annihilator .

Damaged armor dissolver : not premium and is just a e - m version of the Damaged armor annihilator .

I no longer see any logic of the armor annihilator rarety now ..

Edited by Electro (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Electro said:

Damaged armor annihilator : was premium too and it's a backfire version of the armor annihilator .

Damaged armor dissolver : not premium and is just a e - m version of the Damaged armor annihilator .

well, as you know, DAA is a only half the weight of DAD (lol these acronyms)  and does -60 instead of -50. 

2 hours ago, Electro said:

Armor annihilator : was premium and is the "normal" version .

now, this is the just older model. because it also have a R-E version. 

6 hours ago, AftoKrator_ said:

kinda pointless. what you gona drop the stats to??? 4 res? that much weight for 4 res....... plus, don't make the game too easy for beginners

since, in my suggestion, i made the protectors heavier by 2 kgs. I think its justifiable if the stats will be the same with the max rare of protectors but added 2 weight.

6 hours ago, AftoKrator_ said:

there's no need to justify anything. dropping the rarity will already make it more assessable through mix and fortune boxes. 

the stats I suggest might seem to be overkill (-28 resists) so maybe around 10-15 reduction might suffice.

I just wanted to give life to the module by making them available and accessible to every players (who only have the Rare-Epic protectors around). With the fortresses being preferred whatever mech a play build and the protectors become just another food because players have better resists (of course the player will not use it as food if the protectors is the only available resist they have) I think it's time to reduce their tier from L-M to E-M.