How Are These Energy Builds?

Phobos

First of all, stop using heat legs for an energy mech. Use massive shocker feet in case you get drained. 

First mech: replace cooling booster for energy booster

Second mech: remove one cooling booster and add utilities, namely ele hook and teleport

Third mech: Needs more energy, replace heat engine for energy engine

Other than these minor flaws these builds are pretty good.

I will put a note of the scale 1 out of 10 to this mechs :

1st : 7/10  not really fault in the first sight except replace the cooling module by a energy regeneration module .( have you energitic forteress ? )

2nd 3/10 that my opinion but claws on energy mechs is a bad idea for some reasons :

- the energy mech was overweighted .

- the energy mech previleged the resist and not hp ( generally energy mech have 2400 hp ) .

- the energy mech use generally party crasher with evac spark but it's impossible to use them with claw .

3rd 6/10 quite similar to the first but replace a overload emp is a normal emp, personnaly i prefer using the overload version with better drain for a lighted weight .

Edited by Electro (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Electro said:

2nd 3/10 that my opinion but claws on energy mechs is a bad idea for some reasons :

- the energy mech was overweighted .

- the energy mech previleged the resist and not hp ( generally energy mech have 2400 hp ) .

- the energy mech use generally party crasher with evac spark but it's impossible to use them with claw .

What? That's an energy hugger, that one works perfectly fine with the claw as long as you have the utilities as well.

The first one, recoiler plus malice plus valiant plus OEMP, has a range problem. And OEMP doesn't equalize all fights. Top ranks are very energy free. I know Zero ran that for a while, and he's a genius, but for the rest of us mere mortals, I don't like it. I don't want to have to move backwards if stuck at range 3 without a second shot, that's just me.

But I'm not a rank 1 player like Zero.

Also, I don't like Nightmare for energy builds. LG might disagree with me but I say nightmare has sightly weak energy stats. LPV might be better for that first mech.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

10 hours ago, Deimos said:

First of all, stop using heat legs for an energy mech. Use massive shocker feet in case you get drained. 

Heat legs are the best choice on practically any mech that isn't using claw because of the resistance profile. If you get drained using an energy mech, you're already in too big of a losing position that the added benefit of a few extra damage from a stomp attack isn't saving you.

@Phobos, I would strongly recommend against using drain based energy mechs if you're chasing arena points. Damage based energy has a far higher performance ceiling in top ladder, although it is less fun to pilot from personal experience. The build below may suit you better, while still maintaining the benefit of beating most counters you'll find in the rank 3 swamp. Good luck.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9df3f76e3497fbefb291d7e07af80fad.pngimage.thumb.png.7e63c7fcc7a52ecacf0f8cbf7aa0ed4e.png

1 hour ago, WarrMachine said:

Heat legs are the best choice on practically any mech that isn't using claw because of the resistance profile. If you get drained using an energy mech, you're already in too big of a losing position that the added benefit of a few extra damage from a stomp attack isn't saving you.

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.9df3f76e3497fbefb291d7e07af80fad.pngimage.thumb.png.7e63c7fcc7a52ecacf0f8cbf7aa0ed4e.png

It can make a huge difference, especially against other energy. Definitely much bigger than having extra 14 heat resist.

23 minutes ago, Deimos said:

It can make a huge difference, especially against other energy. Definitely much bigger than having extra 14 heat resist.

It's depend, at hight level with the much highter explosive mech use rate makes the thermal version probably better of that energitic mechs are quite rare in arena .

Of course it's possible that energitic resist is more useful than explosif resist but if electric mech are not really "meta" i don't think is worth adding defense on it .

nice hybrids. 👍

if hybrids weren't what you were looking for........ 😢💔

anyways, use energy legs for energy mechs. and probably use energy torsos for energy mechs. unless you run dual hot flash/hybrid cannon (that's probably the only reason to use heat torsos like nightmare for an energy mech)

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

hmm 

good stats and build, but bad mod set up and hybrid legs, use energy leg( except 2nd if u want) and use defense matrix instead of fortresses, less res but more spare weight.

1st: almost same to zero's build, 8,5/10

2nd: 1/10,  why? Because no abilities

3rd 7,5/10, almost same to 1st.

could have rate 2nd 0/10 if its not energy hugger and i didnt rate 1st one badly because it can be used without teleporter.

5 hours ago, Electro said:

I do not really recommend using this of you have the forteress, as you have seen the energy mech that exceed 2700/2650 hp without claw are rare so making them even less resistant doesn't seem like a good idea .

listen, most energy build has high weight af so it's actually good,  and what about claw? its not that bad tho 

30 minutes ago, adc said:

and what about claw?

personally i prefer don't use this in electric mech as you quote the energy mech was overweighted,equiped a legs with 150 weight with teleporter modules charge and grappling hook will only make the problem worse ( generally not all time )

4 hours ago, Electro said:

personally i prefer don't use this in electric mech as you quote the energy mech was overweighted,equiped a legs with 150 weight with teleporter modules charge and grappling hook will only make the problem worse ( generally not all time )

Energy huggers are fine using the claw, it's not META but none of the builds here are except maybe the first one and even that is questionable.

That being said you obviously need utilities whenever you use the claw.

Edited by Deimos (see edit history)