Torso Mastery Quest Idea

Before you ask, no, the quests in mind don't give stat buffs to torsos.

So, if there's no stat boost for the torso upon quest completion, what would the quest reward be? It's both simple and complicated, really. Upon quest completion, the pilot would receive a unique paintjob perk that matches the theme of the torso that they've mastered and would change the overall paintjob of a build to match the unique paintjob of the torso.

As for the mastery quest, they would vary from torso to torso and would be based off of the torso's strengths. They would only be available once a torso has been divined, however, since divine is the highest a torso can go and mastery would signify a pilot's true bond with a torso as they would have to work their way to divinity then work for quest completion.

I bet you're likely wondering as to why I thought of an idea like this.. And well, to put it shortly, I thought that unique paintjobs would provide a much wider range of cosmetic variety outside of a simple handful of perks and paints that hasn't seen many additions as of late.

Also, yes, I've thought up of examples for torso mastery quests. If you'd like to see the list of them, here you go:

Torso Master Quest Examples

Broken Determination (Energy-Free Armor)

Defeat 500 enemies while energy-broken

Achilles' Heel (Avenger)

Win a total of 50 arena battles. Only battles where the pilot endures a shutdown or an energy break will count towards quest completion

Relentless (Any Spectral Armor-Class Torso)

Absorb a total of 10,000 damage from any source of damage while having no resistances

Weight Reduction (Any Interceptor-Class Torso)

Defeat 350 enemies using lightweight equipment

Return to Sender (Zarkares)

Receive a total of 2,500 heat damage and deal a total of 5,000 heat damage

Critical Conditioning (Archimonde)

Defeat 250 enemies while HP, energy, or heat is at critical level

Stormbreaker (Naga)

Energy break 250 enemies while on the verge of being energy broken

Incineration Order (Windigo)

Shut 250 enemies down while on the verge of being shut down

Ungodly Wrath (Brutality)

Deal a total of 6,000 explosive damage or 6,000 heat damage

I would come up with more but that's really all I got for now and I don't want to make the list too long or else people will likely get bored of reading it and just skip past it.

However- I could make a separate topic where there would be an entire list of torso mastery quest ideas for each torso but I won't do it since I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in that.

But anywho- That's all I've got for this topic. Thanks for reading and I wish you all a nice day/night.

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T
Clarified the win count conditions for Avenger's mastery quest. (see edit history)

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

Oh, that makes it easier, I just like the fact that it needs the user to be on the verge of losing all it energy or having it's relatively small heat cap overwhelmed, it make people actually think about how they will proceed, or at least I think/hope so.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

I clarified the win count conditions for Avenger's quest.

Basically, you have to experience at least 1 shutdown or energy break during the battle in order for the win to count towards the 50.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

I'm not really sure what Avenger's unique paintjob would look like but I'd imagine it being a holy-angelic type of theme where it's pearl white with gold details.

That, or an elemental-torn theme where Avenger looks burnt and electrocuted but is managing to function normally despite the damages.

A lava Zarkares sounds cool.

Although, Zarkares could also take on a hellish theme since it's like a heat Avenger, so the heaven and hell contrast between the two would be fitting.

Spectral/cyber armors quest paint should be metal plating with cracks and dents in it.

Efa quest paint a battery with no charge and a warning sign in the battery with cut and broken wire all over. 

Just now, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Although, Zarkares could also take on a hellish theme since it's like a heat Avenger, so the heaven and hell contrast between the two would be fitting.

Yeah, though I kinda see brutality taking that, because of its origins and the quest name.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

Stolen from @JamAnime

1 minute ago, Spam said:

Yeah, though I kinda see brutality taking that, because of its origins and the quest name.

Oh- Brutality would simply adopt a God Mode-esque look since that's where the whole "Ungodly Wrath" idea came from.

9 hours ago, Spam said:

I think he meant 10,000 damage in total

Of course I can if dinosaur titan m3 here

But no cuz if I do it with 0 res, that's mean I already get it

Confused guest

Hcaptcha scam

Now you’re confusing me, what whiteout said was that you need to take 10,000 dmg in total meaning in as many arena/campaign battles as it takes, but with no res.

Stolen from @JamAnime