Paint jobs

SCOPES_R_KINDA_GOOD

The paint jobs are cool and all, but I have an idea. Instead of just boosting your items with the "cubes" we could select and buy them in another tab. This is so that we don't have to get another item or use tokens to buy another paint we want. No wasting. There could also be custom paints for some items and when all the painted items needed in a set are on the robot, there may be a little bonus like +10 resist. or something like that. I'd really like customization to not just be there to "look cool", but to actually be helpful and it would be worth it to spend some tokens for skins. there's really no reason to spend 300 on a single storm camo compared to a prem. box at my level.

Negative....

Basic Paints should actually be free.  Free would be red, blue, white, yellow, green, orange, purple, black, pink, and brown.  Or, have a color scale where the color can be customized.   The other paints that are unique should be the only ones that cost tokens.

Edited by JamAnime (see edit history)

1 hour ago, JamAnime said:

Basic Paints should actually be free. 

Or they could cost around 10k - 25k gold in order to provide some value in getting them, even if the person buying them has 25m gold.

If they were free, there wouldn't be as much value since you could get as many as you'd like on a whim before you would eventually grow tired of it and move on.

That same dilemma would happen with my suggestion but they would at least have some value. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

2 hours ago, SCOPES_R_KINDA_GOOD said:

The paint jobs are cool and all, but I have an idea. Instead of just boosting your items with the "cubes" we could select and buy them in another tab. This is so that we don't have to get another item or use tokens to buy another paint we want. No wasting. There could also be custom paints for some items and when all the painted items needed in a set are on the robot, there may be a little bonus like +10 resist. or something like that. I'd really like customization to not just be there to "look cool", but to actually be helpful and it would be worth it to spend some tokens for skins. there's really no reason to spend 300 on a single storm camo compared to a prem. box at my level.

Paints rn are fine as is, the only problem is the lack of variety in paints.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

10 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Or they could cost around 10k - 25k gold in order to provide some value in getting them, even if the person buying them has 25m gold.

That is even good also...

10 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

If they were free, there wouldn't be as much value since you could get as many as you'd like on a whim before you would eventually grow tired of it and move on.

There can also be a scale of color for each item of what color you want it, in the garage.

2 hours ago, SCOPES_R_KINDA_GOOD said:

There could also be custom paints for some items and when all the painted items needed in a set are on the robot, there may be a little bonus like +10 resist. or something like that.

Paints are made to show a sign of prestige, not to provide tactical advantages in actual combat. If you want to have a War Robots style of paints, make it so that it doesn't provide buffs because even War Robots, a robot game with a heavier emphasis on P2W, doesn't have paints that provide advantages.

1 minute ago, JamAnime said:

There can also be a scale of color for each item of what color you want it, in the garage.

Like the paint shop from the beta version of SuperMechs?

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

1 minute ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Paints are made to show a sign of prestige, not to provide tactical advantages in actual combat. If you want to have a War Robots style of paints, make it so that it doesn't provide buffs because even War Robots, a robot game with a heavier emphasis on P2W, doesn't have paints that provide advantages.

Idk if you've played war robot recently, but now there are paints that give you buffs, it just keeps becoming more and more p2w😢

Edited by Spam (see edit history)

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

Just now, Spam said:

Idk if you've played war robot recently, but now there are paints that give you buffs, it just keeps becoming more and more p2w. 

I stand corrected- 

Let's avoid including War Robots in this discussion at all costs.

I thought that War Robots couldn't get any worse since the time that I left but nevermind, it became a helluva lot worse if the paintjobs are doing that.

That idea could work but it wouldn't feel the same without black being a color in the color selection.

I honestly miss being able to color rare items with a black paintjob and going into combat.. During Legacy, I mean.

I never really played beta when it was around but I played it a bit before Flash got unsupported.

• 2 weeks later...