Support from GatoGames

Salvation

Question

Recently, I have sent several mails to GatoGames through "Support" in settings. And to my disappointment, no one has ever replied, all I received was this stupid line from a bot saying that:" Your request (161843) has been received and is being reviewed by our team. We appreciate your patience. from support@tacticsoft.zendesk.com. The reason of me asking for help is that I wanted to disable the base, as I thought it was going to help me with upgrading items. I then immediately regretted my foolish decision. With that being said, I doubt the reliability of GatoGames in supporting players. Maybe there are, however, many other factors for the fact that they did not answer me. What should I do?

7 answers to this question

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Salvation said:

Recently, I have sent several mails to GatoGames through "Support" in settings. And to my disappointment, no one has ever replied, all I received was this stupid line from a bot saying that:" Your request (161843) has been received and is being reviewed by our team. We appreciate your patience. from support@tacticsoft.zendesk.com. The reason of me asking for help is that I wanted to disable the base, as I thought it was going to help me with upgrading items. I then immediately regretted my foolish decision. With that being said, I doubt the reliability of GatoGames in supporting players. Maybe there are, however, many other factors for the fact that they did not answer me. What should I do?

Hey,

I am a bit sick right now so my apologies for my brevity in advance. 

This is Tacticsoft's old support channel, we do have access to it, but its configured to handle pretty much everything by bots and automatically 'tag' messages that need manual answers. It works pretty terribly but is too full of spam to simply disable that system (integrating support in the game without first forcing players to a FAQ is a very silly mistake in my opinion...). 

We intend to rectify this later - we just have a bit more on our plate ATM. We're in the final steps of hiring someone to take care of support (just on me, we did our interviews, I just need to make the choice and get the contract 😛Choosing is hard!) so we can start directing a bit more away from the bot system at that point. 

In the long run I aim to get rid of it entirely and make it a system where finding the support option is a bit of a challenge by hiding it behind tons of FAQ's and self-help portals, but once you find it, you always get a human within 24 hours with the time, patience and skill to help you. We had the latter for years back in my day and I think if we streamline support we can make it reasonable again. Ultimately majority of support inquiries are "Please disable my base" (which is a forum form and we'll move to something automated), "I cant access my account" (forgot password link), "please give me ..." (ask your caretaker) and "someone was mean to me" (shucks). We want to give stellar support to those we can actually help, but to do that we've to first reduce the volume down from thousands of players to a manageable number. 

Our email is support@gatogames.net, answer depends a bit on the inquiry. As mentioned, to disable your base, please use the form at the top. 

On 2/2/2021 at 4:24 AM, Salvation said:

Lol me too

from support@tacticsoft.zendesk.com

And to my disappointment, no one has ever replied, all I received was this stupid line from a bot

No wonder you aren’t getting any response. You’re replying to the wrong company, Tacticsoft. Tacticsoft no longer owns this game. Gato Games bought it from Tacticsoft.

Recently, I have sent several mails to GatoGames through "Support" in settings.

The interesting thing is you mentioned Gato Games, yet you’re sending emails to Tacticsoft. They’re different companies.

Anyway, here’s the proper way to disable your base:

Capture.PNG.afa111361dc5877f42523584d646bae3.PNG

Oof! STARWULPH beat me to the punch. Oh well.

be patient with Alex dudes... he'll get around to you when the time is good and ready.

also yeah... I think TS is pretty much an abandoned company lol. they sold off all their assets to the first entrepeneur who offeredf to take them, so I think it's pretty much been a "grab what you can from the office, sell your stock now, and gtfo" situation.

you might aswell send tech support requests into the void if you're emailing TS...

On 2/1/2021 at 10:31 PM, Alexander said:

Our email is support@gatogames.net, answer depends a bit on the inquiry.

Ok, did that. Twice. No response. Evidently complained about that in the wrong place and got this warning:

Note for member

Please keep in mind the suggestions forum aren't meant for asking for support.

To get your clan leadership change, you have to file a support request _from the leaders account_ with the title (important): "Clan Leadership Change" and in the contents:
Your playerID:

New leader playerID:

The desire to have your clan leadership change.

Once requested properly, please be patient. it's not an official feature and is currently manual work, if you're in any hurry, we suggest rerolling (having leaders leave) or starting a new clan instead.

Ok, went to account settings and entered the info, only there is no spot for the title.

So this leaves me with the question of which support are we supposed to contact- the support here on the forum or on your actual in-game account?

Also, a leader leaving changes leadership to the next highest rank if I'm not mistaken. That leaves the other players in the same position I'm in now.

Once requested properly, please be patient. it's not an official feature and is currently manual work, if you're in any hurry, we suggest rerolling (having leaders leave) or starting a new clan instead.

Off topic: Although I’ve no interest in running a clan, I can understand the frustration leaders have to go thru to transfer leadership, so as to preserve the integrity of their clan.

Gato should implement a ranking system in the clan. That way, a leader can assign leadership to the highest-ranking person when the leader leaves. It’ll mean less work for Gato in the long run since they wouldn’t have to manually assignment leadership for each clan.

This feature should have been a basic feature in the game since the start. It’s a shame Tacticsoft didn’t make the time to include this basic feature.