How do I reassign / change my clan leadership?

ShaunTheSheep

Question

Hi I'm ShaunTheSheep in SM

I'm the leader of Awakening. Now, was the leader after a mistake I made.

Since there's no option to transfer clan leadership to a specific clan mate in the Leader's Control Panel, I read in the old forum some time back that I'd have to leave the clan and upon hitting the 'Leave Clan' button an option would pop up to choose a specific clan mate as the new leader.

Well, no option of any sort popped up and upon rejoining Awakening found that SM has auto-assigned a rather new clan mate as the new leader!

I've tried to reach the clan mate via clan chat in English and google translated Russian lol for about a little over a week, but no response.

Can anyone help? Is there an option or method that I'm not aware of or missed?

Thanks ShaunTheSheep

16 hours ago, chis said:

My advice is to have Doc or whoever it is to who you wanted to transfer leadership start a new clan. The people who are worth having will follow if you tell them where to go in advance. The rest will cull themselves so you don't have to worry about feeling guilty as you lose the dead weight.

Hey Chis. Thanks for your insight, help and advice rendered. Appreciated. Having the leader designate start a new clan is an absolute last resort but I guess I've hit a wall with the admins and it's time to bite the bullet and move on.

It's been great to be of acquaintance Chis. I wish you all the best in life

To you who have taken their time to give your views and suggestions and helped point Alexander to this thread, a big thank you as well!

*** For the sake of all clan leaders, it would be great if SM implemented an option of sorts in the Leader Control Panel for a current leader to pass on the position to a person of their choosing. We shouldn't have tp jump through hoops or do it in a huge roundabout way

A change of leader is possible with the consent of all parties ... the old leader ... a potential new leader and several clan members. This must be confirmed in writing in a joint private correspondence with the administrator. If you do not have all the components that I have indicated - you have no chance to change the leader. The administration will consider the current situation as the only acceptable one. And Alexander's personal position has nothing to do with it ... this is the rule. I say this as a person who has gone this way

39 minutes ago, Miron_Mironovich said:

this is the rule. I say this as a person who has gone this way

Until an actual rule is made, the rule is whatever the person with the power wants it to be and nothing more or nothing less. Point me to the official page of rules that has been posted to all of us SM players that discusses how to change clan membership, and I'll readily and humbly admit I'm wrong. I'm not saying you haven't done it in the way you describe, but it sounds more to me like an agreement reached between several parties and a willing administrator than a rule.

As a rule, I mean to consider the situation with leadership unchanged until all parties show a desire for change. From what I read above -there is no contact with the person to whom the leadership passed. So the situation is hopeless. And it doesn't matter what the founder of this thread describes. His words can be 100% true and can also be fiction in the eyes of the administration.

I want to note that I am sincerely sorry that this happened .... but for me the situation looks hopeless

With that mentioned, I can only think Gato is understaffed and overwhelmed to help in a timely manner.

So, that’s why I was thinking contact Alexander on SM Discord. Then, he could have easily dealt with that issue. But he doesn’t want that responsibility. So, have to do it the slowmo way, lol, think of it as sending a request thru the mail.

13 hours ago, Miron_Mironovich said:

but for me the situation looks hopeless

I don’t think this situation is entirely hopeless. In the past, I know of a clan leader, L4K3, exited his clan by accident a couple of times. At the time Tacticsoft was running the business, admin Sarah reinstated L4K3’s clan leadership.

I think what Chris mentioned below rings true:

14 hours ago, chis said:

the rule is whatever the person with the power wants it to be and nothing more or nothing less.

If Alexander doesn’t want to deal with the hassle, then it’s his right. With that said, then it’s hopeless because the admin doesn’t want to deal with this situation.

As Chris mentioned with the rule, it’s really up to the discretion of the admin on how to deal with a particular situation.

Edited by rc (see edit history)

Hey guys

Thanks much for all your help and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

As I'm already spending way more time that I'd like on SM, I'd like to let this case rest.

@Miron_Mironovich Miron, you have a good point there, I've tried in clan chat to reach out to the person but to no response, hence no contact, hence no case.

Regardless of whether the Admins will or will not take up the case, based on whatever reasons, I've already decided to go the way @chis suggested, which is to have the leader designate start a new clan and go from there because like I said up top, I'm already spending way more time than I'd like on SM.

So there it is, case closed. It's time to move on. I wish you all well.

ShaunTheSheep