"Random" button when choosing arena mechs for match

SawzAll

Add a "random" button to mech choice arena screen?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should we add a random button to the mech choosing screen in the arena?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I would like a random button on the mech choosing screen in arena matches.  I think it will be useful for those wanting to test their mechs under "all circumstances", as well as people who just want to see if they can throw a curve-ball at people.

I am trying to make all my mechs rounded, so for me, I'd love this.  It would be more convenient than walking around with a D20. </dnd>

Here's how it might look (permission to use this user's mechs secured)

Of course a better looking random button can be used, as I'm not an expert in game design or visual art design.  But I think there's room, and I would like this feature.

random idea.png

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Для вашего аккаунта, может быть, это было бы в тему(ведь у вас есть 3 меха, оба довольно сильные).Но те, у кого второй или третий мех слишком плох в бою, эту кнопку использовать не будут(она подходит как минимум для 10 рангов)

5 minutes ago, Magnemus said:

Для вашего аккаунта, может быть, это было бы в тему(ведь у вас есть 3 меха, оба довольно сильные).Но те, у кого второй или третий мех слишком плох в бою, эту кнопку использовать не будут(она подходит как минимум для 10 рангов)

True to a point, but I think having the random button at lower ranks will be helpful in at least getting people to think about having three mechs and upgrading them together, because by the time they get to the higher ranks, they'll need 3 viable mechs (or so I am told).  But having the button is only an option: it doesn't make anyone use that option.

The truth is that at first I wasnt so positive on that , but reading your script you convinced me .
I will vote yes.
As for me I would prefer to not be choise screen at all ...
We can  enter the arena with 2 mechs with the order we wish and thats it 🙂
Right ?

Edited by TALΩS (see edit history)

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

7 minutes ago, TALΩS said:

The truth is that at first I wasnt so positive on that , but reading your script you convinced me .
I will vote yes.
As for me I would prefer to not be choise screen at all ...
We can  enter the arena with 2 mechs with the order we wish and thats it 🙂
Right ?

Basically the concept I envision is that it's like a "surprise me" button.  It picks the necessary # of mechs, randomly, for you.

@SawzAll  you know ... I cant say if I agree or not to your sudjestion , but I realise that you are struggling to find a solution about 2v2 arena ....so what do you think is the thing that ruins this arena ? the flip coin thing ?
@Lord Gorgon I think dont like how 2V2 arena works as well... but I dont know  his  ideas .
I already tried to give a solution to the arena which is the 98% of the game .
I said that there should be a type of filter on arena ....for example I said that a filter which will prevent all players to go counter ...a filter that would ''force '' all players to equip 3-4 en or heat modules or something on each build , could be a solution . On the other hand could be a counters arena at the same season in which would be allowded to enter all kind of mechs ( counters of all types etc )  , no restriction BUT with the half APs reward .
Nevermind I am keeping that the arena structure right now is bothering a lot of players .
You tried to find a solution for 2V2 arena...I am seeing the same problem and even more on 1v1 arena ...and 3v3 arena couldnt be out of the general adjustment .
So why dont you me Lord gorgon and who ever else wants , to participate with our ideas on an arena fixing try ?
I mean ...each idea have a point ...perhaps we could all unite into this try , to make arena lil more calm and not so flip coin - cancer-not fair  arena ... (?) 

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

37 minutes ago, TALΩS said:

@SawzAll  you know ... I cant say if I agree or not to your sudjestion , but I realise that you are struggling to find a solution about 2v2 arena ....so what do you think is the thing that ruins this arena ? the flip coin thing ?

I don't think anything ruins the arena, I just think that could be a potential improvement.  The arena runs very well even if i don't agree with all the ranking system.  This is just an idea about giving people a "random" button for if they're sick of clicking the same 2 mechs all the time or whatever 🙂 

Aaaa  I seee ....so you are speaking about a button that will take the bad feelings of wrong choise away from the players while on 2v2 ....hmmmm ....you know you can  go on arena with 2 mechs ....so you wont have to choose - take the responsability  on your shoulders .....this is going to cast the bad spirits away 🙂
Ranking system ...another one subject that I was thinking of recently !

7 hours ago, TALΩS said:

Aaaa  I seee ....so you are speaking about a button that will take the bad feelings of wrong choise away from the players while on 2v2 ....hmmmm ....you know you can  go on arena with 2 mechs ....so you wont have to choose - take the responsability  on your shoulders .....this is going to cast the bad spirits away 🙂
Ranking system ...another one subject that I was thinking of recently !

No, that's not what it does.  If anything, it's not about removing bad feelings: it's probably more about being lazy.  I am the type of person who prefers rounded mechs so I'm just here to test my mechs randomly to improve them.

Because rolling a D6 to determine what I want to randomly do can be cumbersome 🙂 

11 hours ago, Fordekash said:

Have you tried closing your eyes and touching the screen a bunch? 😀

First, not everyone uses a tablet, phone, or touch-enabled device.

Second, I think this would add spice to the game.  In fact, I think when you click or press random, it should show your opponent that you did this 🙂