Fixed Minimum Energy Stats Requirement

Bluz

Minimum Energy Requirement  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be implemented?

• Yes
    • Yes (but with a different application)
    • No (please provide an explanation to as why)

Good day everyone! 

So I've just thought of a way to potentially stop people from running hard counters, particularly the ones that completely disregard their energy stats despite having four to five items in their mech (drones included) that consume energy. 

If your build has more than three items (drones included, but energy consuming utilities are not) that need energy to fire, the game would request the player to have a minimum of 600 energy capacity and 200 regeneration before being able to enter arena (these values would be based on the rank of a player, lower rank = lower minimum requirements. The aforementioned are applied for top ranks). This way, people are more encouraged to actually have rounded stats instead of just hoping to get the right opponents for their counters.

Thoughts?

Edited by Bluz (see edit history)

The idea seems fair but it's also extremely restrictive considering how this is a game that lets you build whatever you want and get decimated by physical nearly 90% of the time.

Counters are annoying, definitely, but with physical mechs essentially being brick walls in the top ranks, they're fighting with warped stats and strategies to stay afloat in this new meta of vests and high resistance.

Look, I get that people find counters to be annoying but they're players that are trying to survive a hardship like everyone else (trust me, Spartan Carnages are annoying by themselves but full builds dedicated to them are worse). So, why not get to know the good counters and completely ignore the toxic counters?

... But that's the way I see things, so I may (and likely will) be wrong with the assessment. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

46 minutes ago, Bluz said:

Good day everyone! 

So I've just thought of a way to potentially stop people from running hard counters, particularly the ones that completely disregard their energy stats despite having four to five items in their mech (drones included) that consume energy. 

If your build has more than three items (drones included, but energy consuming utilities are not) that need energy to fire, the game would request the player to have a minimum of 600 energy capacity and 200 regeneration before being able to enter arena (these values would be based on the rank of a player, lower rank = lower minimum requirements. The aforementioned are applied for top ranks). This way, people are more encouraged to actually have rounded stats instead of just hoping to get the right opponents for their counters.

Thoughts?

Extremely bad idea....

The players who do this, will eventually go down arena rank whatever the stars that they have managed to collect. Its just like locking the freedom up. Plus, it will be really hard to play opponents because of their rounded stats. It becomes difficult for everyone. Those players will learn their mistakes. Plus, in all the battles, with such counters, I have NEVER LOST A GAME...JUST HAVE ONE ENERGY MECH AND BOOYAH!

SO I Definitely discourage this.

This doesn't make sense to me, to help with proving why this wont make sense lets list (together) all items that fall under use of energy weapons/drones (please know this isn't complete)

Physical side weapons

Terror Cry

Arnold

Metal Piercer

Redwall

BackBreaker

Nightfall

Sacrifice Cannon

Heat side weapons

Corrupt Light

DawnBlaze

FireStorm

Headhunter

Sikanda

Twisted Flux

Magma Recoiler

Broken Devourer

Flaminator

Energy side weapons

Last words

Malice Beam

Crazed Repeater

Scalpel

Hungering Beam

Faithful Steel

Ultrabright

StormWeaver

Viking Hammer

EMP

Physical top weapons

Night Eagle

Rapid Destruction

Rocket Launcher

Reckless Beam

Heat top weapons

Savagery

Red Wrath

Supreme Cannon

Royal Launcher

Energy top weapons

Hysteria

Blue Madness

Grim Cobra

Frantic Lightning

Overloaded EMP

Physical drones

Let's be realistic, all of them

Heat drones

Squnich

Energy drones

Let's be realistic, all of them

Minimum energy requirements would nerf energy-free configurations.  I don't agree with the whole concept of energy free from a game-wide philosophical perspective, because of the impact on the concept of energy mechs, but that's a side topic for another day.  So for now, I'm against this because it would nerf energy and energy-free.

And if the game eventually requires all weapons to consume energy (even if it's only 5), that would fix energy and hard counters.  But like I said, that's a deeper change to the game that would require a lot of testing, and may never happen.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html