Store week?

Fordekash

How does everyone feel about one week a year that any four items could be purchased for cash or tokens?

or possibly at anytime in a given year? Once you reach a certain rank or level?

certainly if this was a cash only option it could generate revenue for Gato. It would also provide an opportunity to get that L-M item you want!

That's a good point you make about the base! It is very close but within the categories there is a randomness and odds of getting L- are extremely low.

Heck even if once a year we could have the option to buy anyone item we wanted it would be a very nice bonus. It could also help retain players as years pass.

• 4 weeks later...

I would go with this idea as well.

Or

Simply have a store that is available all the time with ONLY Legendary items for sale, for tokens only. The pricing would have to be a bit on the high side, say 1500 per item so that it will help those that are F2P and have some pretty good gear but are only missing a few items here and there and would also cost the P2P players heavily too.  Also, to keep the abuse down, the store opens up only after level 100.

Edit: One more item to mention is to create a limit of say a player can only "purchase" 3 or 5 of these items.  Again, the idea is to give the chance to get an item that will complete your mech build out.  Putting a limit on the number of these items will also help reduce abuse.

The only reason something like this is being suggested is because Legendary items are already extremely difficult to get, their drop rates are horrible and when sales come along for premium packs, it is such a huge gamble with very little return and a great deal of frustration.  As a F2P player, I hoard my Tokens for those times when super deals come along.  But, like the recent premium box sale, I dropped my 1000 tokens and received absolutely nothing of worth back and the feeling of all that hard work, wasted away.  That sort of feeling does not help retain me as a player, or anyone else for that matter.  I put my time in and built my mechs up pretty good, but there are just these few little things that I would like to have that are hard to come by that would make my mech perfect for the goal I set them up for.

I hope this makes sense and I hope this could possibly go through.  It is not only a money making opportunity for Grato, but also a great opportunity to create happiness amongst the player base and help with player retention.

Knarf

Edited by knarf (see edit history)

3 hours ago, knarf said:

I would go with this idea as well.

Or

Simply have a store that is available all the time with ONLY Legendary items for sale, for tokens only. The pricing would have to be a bit on the high side, say 1500 per item so that it will help those that are F2P and have some pretty good gear but are only missing a few items here and there and would also cost the P2P players heavily too.  Also, to keep the abuse down, the store opens up only after level 100.

Edit: One more item to mention is to create a limit of say a player can only "purchase" 3 or 5 of these items.  Again, the idea is to give the chance to get an item that will complete your mech build out.  Putting a limit on the number of these items will also help reduce abuse.

The only reason something like this is being suggested is because Legendary items are already extremely difficult to get, their drop rates are horrible and when sales come along for premium packs, it is such a huge gamble with very little return and a great deal of frustration.  As a F2P player, I hoard my Tokens for those times when super deals come along.  But, like the recent premium box sale, I dropped my 1000 tokens and received absolutely nothing of worth back and the feeling of all that hard work, wasted away.  That sort of feeling does not help retain me as a player, or anyone else for that matter.  I put my time in and built my mechs up pretty good, but there are just these few little things that I would like to have that are hard to come by that would make my mech perfect for the goal I set them up for.

I hope this makes sense and I hope this could possibly go through.  It is not only a money making opportunity for Grato, but also a great opportunity to create happiness amongst the player base and help with player retention.

Knarf

Makes sense, but push the bar higher to level 150. Also, you could have a "exchange system" where you insert one item into a system and you can browse through a wide selection of that kind of item. For example, if you inserted a max epic iron plating, you could take, say, a maxed out armor breaker r-e phys version. You could only take items with the same level and type (c-m for a c-m, e-l for an e-l) to minimize abuse. Similar to your idea but nearly impossible to abuse, unless you slotted in smth like an advanced repulsor for a bunker 😕

I polish rocks