How would you configure modules?

SawzAll

If this was your mech, how would you configure the modules?  I know you may not agree with my choice on weapons, but I'm mainly interested in how to configure the modules.  I do not have any dual modules, and I have maybe four level 1 combined storage units, as well as the modules shown in this WU picture:

image.thumb.png.d195f7265491738096f7fcdac090380e.png

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• 1 month later...

Well, I recommend:

CSU

Cooling booster

Cooling booster

Energy engine

Energy engine

Heat engine

Plat Plate (if unavailable use iron plating, and make sure it's maxed)

Max Res (if unavailable use phys protect or fortress, id thats unavailable use plasma fortress or ultrahot protector)

If you prefer you can take out one cooling booster and use one heat engine instead (if the weight permits)

On this mech a hammer is decisively stronger, I also recommend equipping a cracked plasma cannon instead of terror cry, and you need more weapons which drain resistance.

Would you mind sending a picture of your inventory so I can see exactly which modules you have and items as well as which level they are at, and the weight of the items?

Here two options, the first one uses only e-ms and the torso you, I assume, have, the second is with as few modifications to your original design as possible.2099119764_Screenshot2021-01-25at09_52_56.thumb.png.040b973a4dc2724fa54a209f3bc824ca.png621985460_Screenshot2021-01-25at09_53_55.thumb.png.75fa6d30483a0d41bfef058e11a1098f.png

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

19 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

Well, I recommend:

CSU

Cooling booster

Cooling booster

Energy engine

Energy engine

Heat engine

Plat Plate (if unavailable use iron plating, and make sure it's maxed)

Max Res (if unavailable use phys protect or fortress, id thats unavailable use plasma fortress or ultrahot protector)

If you prefer you can take out one cooling booster and use one heat engine instead (if the weight permits)

On this mech a hammer is decisively stronger, I also recommend equipping a cracked plasma cannon instead of terror cry, and you need more weapons which drain resistance.

Would you mind sending a picture of your inventory so I can see exactly which modules you have and items as well as which level they are at, and the weight of the items?

Here two options, the first one uses only e-ms and the torso you, I assume, have, the second is with as few modifications to your original design as possible.

But using cracked plasma canon is a liability. First, it won't work if you get backed into a corner. Second, backfire. Honestly hammer plus magma recoiler makes more sense, even if it's heavier.

On 1/26/2021 at 5:27 AM, SawzAll said:

But using cracked plasma canon is a liability. First, it won't work if you get backed into a corner. Second, backfire. Honestly hammer plus magma recoiler makes more sense, even if it's heavier.

Yes, but the cannon generally works well due to infinite uses.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

6 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

Yes, but the cannon generally works well due to infinite uses.

A hammer also has infinite uses, even if a magma recoiler doesn't.  But the average match lasts 4 turns.  So all you need is a grappling hook and you have your 4 uses.  But you don't usually need all 3 uses of the magma recoiler in every match either.

18 hours ago, SawzAll said:

A hammer also has infinite uses, even if a magma recoiler doesn't.  But the average match lasts 4 turns.  So all you need is a grappling hook and you have your 4 uses.  But you don't usually need all 3 uses of the magma recoiler in every match either.

Yes, the other difference being the range 2 coverage, drain and completely different stats, as well as the push and pull instead of just pull, but let's ignore that, since the average match lasts 8 turns anyways. If you have recoiler, you do not need the hammer, it is just a waste of weight. Plus you equipped terror-cry, which besides being a garbage weapon, is the wrong element, and is by far worse than a cracked plasma cannon on this mech, especially considering your long range weapons, meaning the cannon would become your best weapon, enabling you to use both action points on each turn.

since the average match lasts 8 turns anyways.

No, the average mech has about 4.7 turns on average.  The average match in 2v2 is probably 8-9 turns, sure, if you do the math, I'm just pointing out they are different points.  But you can't say average match because lower ranks are 1v1 and higher ranks rotate 1v1/2v2/3v3 (or so I was told).

I used to run around with flaming hammer + terror cry, but i didn't like how I was not doing heat damage when i had to use Terror Cry.

But Terror Cry isn't "far worse" than cracked plasma cannon.  Terror Cry will do very good damage even if it doesn't do heat damage.  Cracked Plasma Cannon does so much backfire that you're doing too much harm to yourself for a 2-4 push.  And if you get backed into a wall, you can't use it.

I am now running with magma recoiler + hammer.  But if I get an Abomination tomorrow, I will be using that.  Same if I get a Terror Blade: I'll be using that.

When you are lower rank and you don't have a max mythical torso and platinum plates, cracked plasma cannon's backfire is a gift that you give your enemy.  And it can be defeated by huggers who pin you against the wall: even if you teleport out, they made you use your teleport, sacrificing a turn that could've caused heat damage.

It's ok if we disagree: it's just opinions at this point.  But I've been there, done that, and I don't like cracked plasma cannon.  And my monkey torsos are all max mythical.  I'd take terror cry before cracked plasma cannon (assuming the two weapons were equal in level).

1 minute ago, SawzAll said:

No, the average mech has about 4.7 turns on average.  The average match in 2v2 is probably 8-9 turns, sure, if you do the math, I'm just pointing out they are different points.  But you can't say average match because lower ranks are 1v1 and higher ranks rotate 1v1/2v2/3v3 (or so I was told).

I used to run around with flaming hammer + terror cry, but i didn't like how I was not doing heat damage when i had to use Terror Cry.

But Terror Cry isn't "far worse" than cracked plasma cannon.  Terror Cry will do very good damage even if it doesn't do heat damage.  Cracked Plasma Cannon does so much backfire that you're doing too much harm to yourself for a 2-4 push.  And if you get backed into a wall, you can't use it.

I am now running with magma recoiler + hammer.  But if I get an Abomination tomorrow, I will be using that.  Same if I get a Terror Blade: I'll be using that.

When you are lower rank and you don't have a max mythical torso and platinum plates, cracked plasma cannon's backfire is a gift that you give your enemy.  And it can be defeated by huggers who pin you against the wall: even if you teleport out, they made you use your teleport, sacrificing a turn that could've caused heat damage.

It's ok if we disagree: it's just opinions at this point.  But I've been there, done that, and I don't like cracked plasma cannon.  And my monkey torsos are all max mythical.  I'd take terror cry before cracked plasma cannon (assuming the two weapons were equal in level).

Well, I personally don't use it, but on a heat mech it is far stronger than terror cry, and the backfire is not a gift, since the heat damage will make the opponent lose an action point, fully paying back the sacrifice you make. Plus, it is one of the most useless weapons in the game, if you really want to run a phys push weapon runt he phys recoiler, terror deals less damage and has no res drain. Anyways, running weapons of the same type is almost always better, and terror cry is surely not stronger than cracked plasma cannon on heat build, ofc abomination is better, but it's l-m.

4 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

since the heat damage will make the opponent lose an action point, fully paying back the sacrifice you make.

Maybe, if you do enough heat, but the risk is (especially against physical mechs) shutting them down fast enough before they destroy your mech.  For that specific weapon, in my opinion, it's too much of a liability.

Granted, I think there needs to be a heat version of Terror Cry / Last Words.....

I guess I'll just hope to get an Abomination.  For now I'm running Flaming Hammer + Magma Recoiler in campaigns and magma recoiler (adding Dawn Blaze) in the Arena.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

12 hours ago, SawzAll said:

Maybe, if you do enough heat, but the risk is (especially against physical mechs) shutting them down fast enough before they destroy your mech.  For that specific weapon, in my opinion, it's too much of a liability.

Granted, I think there needs to be a heat version of Terror Cry / Last Words.....

I guess I'll just hope to get an Abomination.  For now I'm running Flaming Hammer + Magma Recoiler in campaigns and magma recoiler (adding Dawn Blaze) in the Arena.

Yea, magma recoiler remains the best option, maybe after shadow wolf.

Yea, magma recoiler remains the best option, maybe after shadow wolf.

Probably.  If I had a Shadow Wolf, I'd be using it, definitely! 🙂

I just got a Twisted Flux and I'm tempted to use it as a substitute, only because that might let me put a platinum plate on.  We'll see.

13 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

Probably.  If I had a Shadow Wolf, I'd be using it, definitely! 🙂

I just got a Twisted Flux and I'm tempted to use it as a substitute, only because that might let me put a platinum plate on.  We'll see.

No twisted is garbage it doesnt go past epic