What should i do with an unused item?

iSwarky

Question

So basically when i was playing in like around April times i had a lvl 39 mythical brutality. After i was gonna make the brutality a bit more upgraded, i got a LPV out of a premium box. (And around April LPV was the new meta which i guess still is) So i replaced the brutality with a maxed LPV. Now i have brutality that just sits there and watches me. What should i do with it?

Edited by Berosanakoyar (see edit history)

A wise noob once said: energy weapons should get nerfed.

PS: The noob was me.

14 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Berosanakoyar said:

So basically when i was playing in like around April times i had a lvl 39 mythical brutality. After i was gonna make the brutality a bit more upgraded, i got a LPV out of a premium box. (And around April LPV was the new meta which i guess still is) So i replaced the brutality with a maxed LPV. Now i have brutality that just sits there and watches me. What should i do with it?

Keep it, it might get buffed like Wendigo.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

18 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

could use it for a second mech or heat mech build. Brutality is definitely better for a mid-rank heat build than LVP... especially for builder. 

Note: I said mid-rank... and by that, it's not for everyone. It was just from my experience with arena. 

Thats the thing. I was using it for my heat mech before but now i changed it to LPV. Usually i start playing with my 2nd mech first so it can tank some physical mech while giving them trouble with the heat weapons.

Right now im busy with my first 2 mechs so should i keep it when its time for a 3rd mech?

11 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

what torsos are you currently using?

Red monke on the first one and lpv on the second

Main mech is physical 2nd mech is heat

The problem is that lpv has low hp on the first mech and i use that backfire drone. It dies pretty quickly even though the guy is using physical. And i think red monke is too heavy for the 2nd mech

17 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

LVP is better for physical because of the phys res. red monkey is a heat torso so it'll be better in the heat mech. 

I switched the torsos and balanced the heat and energy. This is how it looked like before and after

Before:

Screenshot_2021-07-06-11-29-39.thumb.png.aa14b03ecfb2f961b3b4a55edd6032da.pngScreenshot_2021-07-06-11-29-44.thumb.png.8b5400ce7604809b12ded7b9b3f649bf.png

After:Screenshot_2021-07-06-11-28-14.thumb.png.7900b5592edb548be882c12c2239774e.png

Screenshot_2021-07-06-11-28-22.thumb.png.9e491ef9218012601341d9003a439084.png

18 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

LVP is better for physical because of the phys res. red monkey is a heat torso so it'll be better in the heat mech. 

Which  one is the better older or the newer?

On 7/4/2021 at 2:21 AM, Berosanakoyar said:

If your inventory cloggs up, food it to an item you're trying to upgrade.  Brutality, in my opinion, isn't going to get a buff any time soon.  Most the torsos are very close to each other in terms of efficiency rating, so it comes down to tactics more than math on paper.  Monkey torsos are the most efficient in the game, per HP at least, but MPV/LPV are all the rage due to their resistance.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

10 hours ago, SawzAll said:

If your inventory cloggs up, food it to an item you're trying to upgrade.  Brutality, in my opinion, isn't going to get a buff any time soon.  Most the torsos are very close to each other in terms of efficiency rating, so it comes down to tactics more than math on paper.  Monkey torsos are the most efficient in the game, per HP at least, but MPV/LPV are all the rage due to their resistance.

I tried switching the red monke with a LPV (and balancing the stats) it looked a bit good but LPV doesnt really fit as i use a backfire drone.

Though i switched them in like the other replies. Which one is better? (I have a Platinum fortress so i get like 103 res)

There is a sad reality to it though. A mythical lvl 39 brutality cant max a legendary thing.

Edited by Berosanakoyar (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Berosanakoyar said:

After:Screenshot_2021-07-06-11-28-14.thumb.png.7900b5592edb548be882c12c2239774e.png

Screenshot_2021-07-06-11-28-22.thumb.png.9e491ef9218012601341d9003a439084.png

the stats looks pretty good, but note that no matter what torso you use, you cooling and regen stats are still way too low compared to the level of attention the other items got. 

The following is just from my personal opinion and based on my experience of arena.  

Spoiler

having premium torsos means that you'll also be facing more people in arena with more premium items. When people see that you have good and maxed items on the outside, they'll usually also expect you to have good stats on the inside, which means your low cooling and regen will become a key factor if you find yourself not getting as many wins as when you had your brutality. 

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

22 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

the stats looks pretty good, but note that no matter what torso you use, you cooling and regen stats are still way too low compared to the level of attention the other items got. 

The following is just from my personal opinion and based on my experience of arena.  

Reveal hidden contents

having premium torsos means that you'll also be facing more people in arena with more premium items. When people see that you have good and maxed items on the outside, they'll usually also expect you to have good stats on the inside, which means your low cooling and regen will become a key factor if you find yourself not getting as many wins as when you had your brutality. 

Honestly i tried it a few times in arena and the results weren't THAT bad. I think if i get one more legendary maxed energy engine, one legendary maxed heat engine and get my MSF to mythical max it would be a lot better.

And yes because i have a Platinum fortress i can easily tank if the guy is using nightfall or like night eagle

23 hours ago, Berosanakoyar said:

I tried switching the red monke with a LPV (and balancing the stats) it looked a bit good but LPV doesnt really fit as i use a backfire drone.

Though i switched them in like the other replies. Which one is better? (I have a Platinum fortress so i get like 103 res)

There is a sad reality to it though. A mythical lvl 39 brutality cant max a legendary thing.

To be fair, if your LPV was max, you had a maxed out defense matrix, and your legs were claw or massive feet types that were maxed, you could use a protector drone easily.

I would say right now, with just the platinum fortress, monkey.  In my opinion, vests are for people with at least two monotype resistance (i.e. if you have phys and heat fortresses).  But this is just my opinion and I'm sure someone else disagrees.

The risk you run with LPV + phys matrix is that, while the resistance is great against physical mechs, you're weak to the other types, so you'd have to depend on match making, and that doesn't always work out (plus the other person can switch mechs, etc.)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html