About legacy items…

Stompy Boi

Question

5 answers to this question

On 5/27/2021 at 1:02 PM, Stompy Boi said:

Did they all get shelved? Or did all of the sprites get saved and became new items?

The original Legacy items were removed entirely from the game while their sprites were mostly reused or remastered for the new items that are currently seen today.

The remastered sprites can easily be identified how they look like their legacy counterpart but with minor to significant design changes while the reused ones are simple re-shadings of the originals.

Oh, and some sprites are also combinations and/or "evolutions" of legacy items (like Avenger, which I suspect to be the result of an Engine + Roman hybrid). So if you see some reloaded items that have parts that seem familiar to legacy items but don't share a similar design with one of their design part's origin, just keep in mind that it may be a culmination of multiple parts from different legacy items.

Bonus - Remastered Sprite Examples (If you wanted to know)

Golem (Epic) - Ultraspade but with red glow and overall sprite size reduction

Golem (Legendary) - Diamond Shell but with a single fin on the rear instead of two horns and overall sprite size reduction

Fenrir (Epic) - Spider but with blue glow and the 8 red eyes were replaced by a single blue scope eye. Overall sprite size reduction

Ettin (Rare) - Dragon but with blue glow and sprite size reduction

Cyber Armors - Lava Scope but with various redesigns and glow changes for the 3 variants and sprite size increase (the Cyber Armors look like Lava Scope design massacres, not gonna lie)

I hope this cleared some things that you were wondering about. If not, feel free to ignore this or ask for clarification and I'll try my best to go into further detail.. Or ask for more sprite examples if you want more of those, I guess.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

1 minute ago, SonnY-ku said:

They were not completely removed, players are free to do so using the Legacy converter but they cant obtain legacy in this ver.

That's the removal.

They're no longer obtainable from item boxes of all types.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success.