ITEM: Desert Fury

Nikos

DESERT FURY  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should this item get a buff or not?

• YES
    • NO
    • It is already a balanced weapon in my opinion.

Question

40 minutes ago, Electro said:

The naga is a good torso ( one of the best not premium torso )

Yeah It is good but I would rather get it from an epic card then a legendary card that could have been something better for example vests,monkey torsos,any meta item really but still even if naga is a good torso I would rather get it from an epic card

22 hours ago, Energy Boi said:

I want to know what you guys use as mythical food the most.

I use paint to remind myself what items I don't want to food. But for making legendaries, usually torsos and legs, so usually battery armor types, Windigo, avenger, kraken, etc.

On 5/20/2021 at 3:18 PM, Nikos said:

Desert Fury ... Should this get a buff?

I think so. Someone should create a buff request (hint hint). I think physical mechs don't really have a 4-8 range game except the usual distance shredder. If it did enough resistance drain, it might be useful. But I don't know. If that happens we might see last resort Vulcan and perimeter protector get used more often. Otherwise just make this weapon not a premium but keep it's stats the same, I guess?

On 5/23/2021 at 3:32 PM, That1Guy said:

Sawz, are you feeling ok?

Just thinking.  I honestly don't know if it would be useful if it got buffed or not.  Like I said, I don't see physical builds that are primarily 4-8 range.  Most are 3-6 (frantic cancer) and 2-4 or something like that.

I want a Blood Weep also, but that one also feels underpowered.

It's just the way the game goes, I guess: resistance drain helps but you have to start doing serious damage if you want to survive arena matches.  Which is why (unfortunately) the dual frantic cancer builds are still working, even though I wish they were not, while dual Desert Fury wouldn't really work in its current state.

(And even then, heat huggers....)

Here's a joke for you all.

image.thumb.png.6dac7d9511ba949c9eb0a7cea25e88dc.png

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

16 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

I use paint to remind myself what items I don't want to food. But for making legendaries, usually torsos and legs, so usually battery armor types, Windigo, avenger, kraken, etc.

I think so. Someone should create a buff request (hint hint). I think physical mechs don't really have a 4-8 range game except the usual distance shredder. If it did enough resistance drain, it might be useful. But I don't know. If that happens we might see last resort Vulcan and perimeter protector get used more often. Otherwise just make this weapon not a premium but keep it's stats the same, I guess?

For my opinion i don't think that should be done, there would be a rarety inconsistency as the desert fury will be was not premium but the valiant sniper is the energy version of this but it will be premium except if we change the sprite of the desert fury , then it's just my opinion .

Edited by Electro (see edit history)

On 5/20/2021 at 7:05 PM, Spam said:

I’d like that, but I’m pretty sure desolation is the heat version of valiant

Well obviously if it was made a heat weapon it should be more powerful than desolation so that it's worth having as a premium and spending more to upgrade.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Also from some comments, the resist drain stacking seems underrated .

Here is the mech i will use for the calculation ( i count only the average damage rounded down )

kyoq.png

The physical defense of the opponent will be 165 ( mpv or lpv with a platinium forteress )

The mech start ( at the 3rd range )

1st turn                      2nd                       3rd                      4th                     5th

Solar torch               DAA                      Desert fury        Desert fury        ~jump~

( activating )              1                            156                     203  

178                             -60 phy resist      -23 phy resist    -23 phy resist

-9 phy resist              +                            +                         +                         +

Ejection blast      Spartan              Spartan               Spartan

307                       329                     376                       400

-5 phy resist        -15 phy resist    -15 phy resist      -15 phy resist

~                           ~                         ~                           ~

Solar torch         Solar torch         Solar torch           Solar torch

252                     299                      346                        370

-9 phy resist      -9 phy resist       -9 phy resist         -9 phy resist

I didn't continu because the damage inflict is enought for destroy a most of mech in arena

( 3216 damage in total )

Now let's try with a idea of buff for the desert fury from of somebody ( + 10 phy resist per hit )

( the damage changed with the buff [ 1 hit ] )     ( the damage changed with the buff [ 2 hit ] )

1st turn                      2nd                       3rd                      4th                     5th

Solar torch               DAA                      Desert fury        Desert fury        ~jump~

( activating )              1                            156                     213  

178                             -60 phy resist      -23 phy resist    -23 phy resist

-9 phy resist              +                            +                         +                         +

Ejection blast      Spartan              Spartan               Spartan

307                       339                     396                       420

-5 phy resist        -15 phy resist    -15 phy resist      -15 phy resist

~                           ~                         ~                           ~

Solar torch         Solar torch         Solar torch          Solar torch

252                       309                     366                        390

-9 phy resist        -9 phy resist       -9 phy resist         -9 phy resist 

With the proposal buff the total damage increase by 110 ( 3326 damage in total )

But here is a build where the fight is very fast and i didn't counting if it fighted front a heat mech so the increase damage can up to 170 or 230

So it was like the desert fury have a average damage of 408 ( if we convert the buff into average damage but is can change if you fighted a heat mech, your weapon are blocked by energy mech, the fight finish in only 4/5 turn ..)

And the spartan have 388 average damage and it's heavier but have 3 use but the weight of the desert is practically 2 times lighter .. It will was so op with tye proposal buff ..

Well, i think the desert fury don't need buff but really if he had to have a buff it would be +3 resist drain, no more .

But i think the best solutions is add new long range weapon , is my opinion .

I would favor a dramatic increase in Desert Fury’s drain. Ranges 4-8 aren’t the strongest for phys (save for scope builds) and top weapons in that range severely outclass it, i. e. the phys scopes and Distance Shredder. Moreover, its resistance drain is quite dated (-54 over two uses) and is further outclassed in that department by the 2-4 range res drainers. IMO, the buff should be  at least +10 res drain (27 -> 37) to as much as double res drain (27 -> 54), though that might be too much.

Edited by Coddiwomple (see edit history)

Going nowhere with all the intent and purpose of going somewhere.

25 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

(27 -> 37)

27 ?

osye.png

uh..

25 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

to as much as double res drain (27 -> 54), though that might be too much.

It will be so op, the armor annihilator have 50 resist drain, 1 use and 24 weight and the desert fury will be 54 with a shot ( 108 with the 2 use ..) for only 5 weight heavier and does some good damage..

29 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

and top weapons in that range severely outclass it

That not real comparable because it have not the same fonctions, the desert fury is a hybrid in damage and phy drain so almost all top physical weapon are purely in damage .

Edited by Electro (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Electro said:

27 ?

osye.png

uh..

It will be so op, the armor annihilator have 50 resist drain, 1 use and 24 weight and the desert fury will be 54 with a shot ( 108 with the 2 use ..) for only 5 weight heavier and does some good damage..

That not real comparable because it have not the same fonctions, the desert fury is a hybrid in damage and phy drain so almost all top physical weapon are purely in damage .

Apologies for messing up the original res drain numbers, but I still think it should get a sizable resistance drain buff. As it stands, it’s an extremely lackluster top weapon option that can’t even begin to compete with other options in those valuable slots. Sustain drain weapons don’t see as much use as just mixing both extremes (dmg and drain) - so IMO, Desert Fury needs to pack a punch if it’s to see any use. You want actual sustain damage? Go for Spartan Carnage. Burst damage? Go for a scope. Utility and damage? Go for Distance Shredder or the pull weapons. Doubling res drain to 46 and adding some weight (e. g. 5-10 kg) would be a good start for Desert Fury, making it into a weapon that can compete with other options for these slots.

Going nowhere with all the intent and purpose of going somewhere.