ITEM: Desert Fury

Nikos

DESERT FURY  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should this item get a buff or not?

• YES
    • NO
    • It is already a balanced weapon in my opinion.

Question

2 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

should make desert fury into a heat weapon......+190 heat dmg, 2 uses, 31 heat cost.... just like a valiant

I’d like that, but I’m pretty sure desolation is the heat version of valiant.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

1 hour ago, Spam said:

There's no heat version of Valiant since there's no use-restricted heat laser sniper-type weapons, especially 4-8 ones. The closest heat weapon to being a heat Valiant is Burning Shower since it's 4-8, is use-limited (3-use vs 2-use but close enough), and does cooling damage (heat equivalent of regen damage, for those who didn't know).

The reason why it isn't a heat variant to Valiant is pretty obvious.. It's a high heat gen, 2-pull  heavy missile launcher while Valiant is a low cost, no pull average-weight energy laser sniper rifle.

Red Rain is another example for a near match of a heat Valiant but it's 2-4 range, heavy, has both cost types, and has the 2-pull functionality of its 4-8 range cousin, Burning Shower.

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

6 hours ago, Nikos said:

Desert Fury is the physical type of Valiant sniper but it is not good enough.These stats are not for an L-M item.Should this get a buff?

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2021-05-20 230903.png

I said it b4 so yeah, 200-300 dmg and 30 res

6 hours ago, Spam said:

I’m pretty sure everyone has either forgotten or doesn’t care about it anymore.

So why the fck a rank 1 player still use it

Hcaptcha scam

5 hours ago, Spam said:

desolation

isn't that the energy free vertical rocket launcher? why would that be the heat valiant?

4 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Burning Shower

burning shower is a rocket launch

the closest id say would probably be vandal..... not that the range match, but it's a laser weapon, got limited use, low cost, and deals one specific type of dmg and suck at everything else, also does res drain

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

image.png.5bda792c4a488cb248f99bc0e85466e4.png

With all due respect, could you please post the stats from WU instead of wherever you found those?

Desert Fury is super light weight and does a ton of resistance drain.  As such, in my opinion it is almost as powerful as Nightfall because of the stacking effect of resistance drain.

image.png.c8a68ebecc5e95feff3d6f9db0d6deb6.png

Honestly I don't think the problem is Desert Fury's stats, though I can see making Desert Fury three shots.

I think the problem is more that I don't see many long range (4-8) physical builds.  I think most the physical builds are close range because a lot of your heavy hitters (Mercy, Annihilation, Disintegration, Seraph Blade) are 1-2 range.

So I decided to test something about Desert Fury.  I loaded up this mech and fought it against the top phys META:

image.thumb.png.d919a24a6ff8fc051dfb5f932e4f2e02.png

And it nearly beat the top phys META.

So I can't really decide if it needs a buff or not.  Seems like it is plenty powerful on its own.  But I'm not a rank 1 player with a huge inventory, so I can't test it in the game.  But I'd love to have one of these for a 3v3 phys line-up: I could use my wanna-be CleverJumper as 2nd mech and an "old school" Nightfall/Tonto build for the 1st mech.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

12 hours ago, Spam said:

Nah Desolation is good, there's a difference.

Dual Desolation is a build I use, and it carries it own using all E-M items in rank 7 🙂

If you run 2 Desert Furys, and use every shot, you get 92 res drain while using 58kg.

In comparison to the Damaged Armor Annihilator, you use 2 of them you get 120 res drain while using 16kg, all while being in the range for most of the top builds, answer seems obvious enough to me

I'm the real Turtle, simple as that.

11 hours ago, Soviet Union mech said:

So why the fck a rank 1 player still use it

They want other people to thinks it’s a valiant.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

Stolen from @JamAnime

On 5/21/2021 at 7:42 AM, SawzAll said:

image.png.5bda792c4a488cb248f99bc0e85466e4.png

With all due respect, could you please post the stats from WU instead of wherever you found those?

Desert Fury is super light weight and does a ton of resistance drain.  As such, in my opinion it is almost as powerful as Nightfall because of the stacking effect of resistance drain.

image.png.c8a68ebecc5e95feff3d6f9db0d6deb6.png

Honestly I don't think the problem is Desert Fury's stats, though I can see making Desert Fury three shots.

I think the problem is more that I don't see many long range (4-8) physical builds.  I think most the physical builds are close range because a lot of your heavy hitters (Mercy, Annihilation, Disintegration, Seraph Blade) are 1-2 range.

So I decided to test something about Desert Fury.  I loaded up this mech and fought it against the top phys META:

image.thumb.png.d919a24a6ff8fc051dfb5f932e4f2e02.png

And it nearly beat the top phys META.

So I can't really decide if it needs a buff or not.  Seems like it is plenty powerful on its own.  But I'm not a rank 1 player with a huge inventory, so I can't test it in the game.  But I'd love to have one of these for a 3v3 phys line-up: I could use my wanna-be CleverJumper as 2nd mech and an "old school" Nightfall/Tonto build for the 1st mech.

Sawz, are you feeling ok? You realize desert fury does 100-150 less damage than nightfall, and only 12 more res drain, so it takes at least 9 shots for it to overcome the difference, which A)Is impossible and B)Phys battles don't last that long even if it were infinite use. Also, The phys mech you built is a phys counter that guaranteed loses to heat and en, and I assume you tested it against the en-free phys hugger you love to call the "CleverJumper." It's literally just a counter to that specific build. Not only is it a phys counter, but it's also a pusher that trades much of its damage potential for utility, countering huggers but losing to anything with static weapons.

42 minutes ago, That1Guy said:

You realize desert fury does 100-150 less damage than nightfall, and only 12 more res drain, so it takes at least 9 shots for it to overcome the difference

Omg! I was thinking the same thing about the damage. I just didn’t have the heart to mention it to SawzAll.

13 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

Yes.  I said "powerful," not "as much damage."  I believe the stacking effects of resistance drain make Desert Fury useful.  I'm not saying it does an equal amount of raw damage points.

No even then its still trash compared to other res drain weapons

Edited by Dark conon mech
V (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Dark conon mech said:

No even then its still trash compared to other res drain weapons

That’s why I said to add +10 res break to it.

Stolen from @JamAnime

I like to think that people react to getting a desert fury like this "OmG oUt oF aLl L-M ItEmS i GeT tHiS!?!?" and then people who are like "Meh free mythic food" also I want to know what you guys use as mythical food the most. I use interceptor because it's easy to get any of the interceptor's heat and energy variants I use. so easy to get and getting legendary's isn't hard

when you use interceptor *cough* I mean free mythic food :)))

16 hours ago, Electro said:

Just 1 word : Kraken 😶

Kraken should have gotten a mythical form. still many ways to get mad after opening a legendary card and seeing kraken,naga,anything that's trash and isn't a L-M and then I get a distance generator from a fortune fox... sad :(((