First Attempt at Sprite Creation

W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T

Remember the Sprite Help topic that I posted earlier? Well.. I managed to get help for how to do that via direct message (thank you, Spam) and I worked on creating a sprite of my own (for once). This is the result:

firstitemspriteattempt__1_-removebg-preview.png.51da7cc4110bb33c0c595e077c8dab59.png

I know that it's definitely not the best quality for a drone sprite but I think it turned out kinda decent for the fact that it was a first time thing. Although, I don't know what to call it yet, so feel free to share your ideas on what its name should be.

Oh and here's an extra thing:

Programs Used

Google Draw

Pixlr X 

Remove.bg

Proof

Literal step-by-step of program usage.

2059095731_Screenshot2021-05-173_57_08AM.thumb.png.658d38d588bb85ce0a4ff1f885ed1485.png

1369024744_Screenshot2021-05-173_56_07AM.thumb.png.e24d16e59b15f5946e2ee683135782ca.png

617168727_Screenshot2021-05-173_56_55AM.thumb.png.32b8222e7e078e7c67eede7691463021.png

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

Nice, you might want to combine some more colors together and use polyline though, it'll let you make better shapes. Also you might want to make the shooting area one fluid shape, but over all a very good sprite for your first time. 

image.png.310e89a99dfbb9e6fb0ce29a291f62e7.png

Edited by Spam (see edit history)

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

21 minutes ago, AftoKrator said:

@W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T

I remade your drone.... i put some shading to make it look more 3d. 

what do you think

phys_beam_drone.png

That's a really high detailed recreation.

Definitely looks badass but it would've been nice if you kept the dark square that was on the side of the drone. It provides a nice accent to the bolt symbol and it allows the ring around the symbol to be seen.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

3 hours ago, AftoKrator said:

Remade again... with darker gray shades and the dark square/rectangle

phys_beam_drone.png

took like an hour

Is there a lighter shade of grey that you could try? Not trying to be nitpicky since I do like that shade of grey.. But that might be a bit too dark for a grey shade on the front of the drone..

Any item should have a lighter front to emphasize the feeling of light being projected on it from a frontal perspective.. Since that's the SM theme of lighting.

3 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Is there a lighter shade of grey that you could try?

ye ye, ok.... Honestly, i'm not exactly sure what's the SM theme of lighting... would help if i had a custom swatch file for reference....

i'll just play around with the lighting more and fix some other stuff

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

1 minute ago, AftoKrator said:

ye ye, ok.... Honestly, i'm not exactly sure what's the SM theme of lighting... would help if i had a custom swatch file for reference....

There used to be a guide for that had the shading, line colors, surface colors, and gradients but the Adobe Animate Sprite Guide doesn't seem to be working properly anymore since all of the images that would show examples are only redirects back to the central page of these forums.

On 5/17/2021 at 10:21 PM, AftoKrator said:

Sm’s color theme can vary, but mostly the more different areas with different shades of gray will make it look fine.

Edited by Spam (see edit history)

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime