Buff Hardened Platinum Vest

SawzAll

Should we buff HPV to make it equivalent to LPV and MPV?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Should we buff HPV to make it equivalent to LPV and MPV?

• HPV needs a buff
    • HPV is fine
    • HPV needs a nerf
  2. 2. Should we buff it to 1238 and increase/shift resistance the opposite of the other vests?

• Do this change
    • Do not do this change
    • Tweak this change

I think if the other vests have been buffed, Hardened Platinum Vest should be equal to the others, just in a different way.  I say this because I tend to think that the "family" of items should be more or less equal, just specializing in different things.  My main goal is symmetry.

image.png.01a50d886808b03e5ad1692ec8cae2f9.png

(the picture is with arena buffs on)

As it now stands, Hardened Platinum Vest has 15 less total resistance than the other vests.  I think if MPV and LPV can be thought of as heat and energy torsos for fighting against physical mechs, why not give physical mechs the opposite?  Why not make HPV a torso for physical mechs who want protection energy and heat mechs?

So I propose that it get buffed so that its stats are as follows:

Hit Points: 1153 (like the other vests)

Heat: 230 cap, 80 cool     

Energy: 230 cap, 80 regen

(basically the other torsos' heat and energy capacity/rege/cooling but balanced between the two, so that it's about equal to them.)

Resistance: 16 physical, 38 energy, 38 heat.      (basically the same total amount of resistance but shifted towards the opposite of the other two.)

Please vote accordingly!

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2021 at 6:45 AM, SawzAll said:

I tend to think that the "family" of items

hmm, As a "family", i dont think the resistance of HPV should be shifted at all... in fact, it should keep its high energy resistance to compensate for currently being the worst one in the "family". Imo, i think it should be increased to the same values as the other 2 vests, respectively, with 22 phy resistance, 31 exp resistance, and 77 ene resistance (w/ arena buff). 

Also, if you look at the "family" of monkeys, the hollow monkey have less hp because its generally less useful as a pure physical torso, and so maybe it was right for the HPV to have less hp. Tho it does seem that its hp is a little low. I'd probably raise it to 1138 (100 less than other vests w/ arena buffs) or maybe just 1153 like what you said. 

Also, i do believe (like what you wrote on your post) that the energy/heat stats should be about even. Tho i would probably change the regen/cooling to 96 (to compensate for low hp and being the underdog). 

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

7 hours ago, Aftokrator_SM said:

Also, if you look at the "family" of monkeys, the hollow monkey have less hp because its generally less useful as a pure physical torso, and so maybe it was right for the HPV to have less hp

That's why I also proposed buffing Hollow Spectral Armor: because it's not equal to the other two monkeys.

Just now, Tirreggregars said:

The res should be the same except energy res should be increased to 77 like phys on the others, will be useful post eng buff.

Maybe but I don't know if energy is going to be buffed to the point where people are as scared of energy mechs as they are physical mechs.

But that's fine too.

Mainly I think the HP should get buffed on HPV so it's a useful premium.

This and the Archimond thread are why I would really like to sit down with the balance team and Alex and plot out how to get the torsos within 1% of each other while not changing the hierarchy of which ones are best.  (But Archimond and HPV being buffed will, of necessity, make them better than the non-premium torsos, but that's another rabbit hole....)

1 hour ago, SawzAll said:

Maybe but I don't know if energy is going to be buffed to the point where people are as scared of energy mechs as they are physical mechs.

But that's fine too.

Mainly I think the HP should get buffed on HPV so it's a useful premium.

This and the Archimond thread are why I would really like to sit down with the balance team and Alex and plot out how to get the torsos within 1% of each other while not changing the hierarchy of which ones are best.  (But Archimond and HPV being buffed will, of necessity, make them better than the non-premium torsos, but that's another rabbit hole....)

Well that’s how it’s meant to be, currently they are both relatively useless. Unfortunately Alex doesn’t answer on forum as often as on discord, I will ping him once, so @Alexander please look at this topic and the archi minds buff.

12 minutes ago, Tirreggregars said:

Well that’s how it’s meant to be, currently they are both relatively useless. Unfortunately Alex doesn’t answer on forum as often as on discord, I will ping him once, so @Alexander please look at this topic and the archi minds buff.

Archimonde*

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

this statistic reminds me of Archimonde, but Archimonde is better in everything, I believe that it is worth increasing the amount of heat and energy to 300 and increasing the physical resistance to 23, and leaving the hit points as you suggested

1 hour ago, error19031 said:

this statistic reminds me of Archimonde, but Archimonde is better in everything, I believe that it is worth increasing the amount of heat and energy to 300 and increasing the physical resistance to 23, and leaving the hit points as you suggested

You forget that archimonde weighs much more.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout