Balance Request: Buff Ultra Bright resist drain to 9 & damage to 216-280 & weight reduction like Dawn Blaze

SawzAll

Should we buff Ultra Bright resist drain to 9 & damage to 216-280 & weight to 52 like Dawn Blaze?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should we buff Ultra Bright resist drain to 9 & damage to 216-280 & weight to 52?

• I agree with this amount of buff
    • I think we should buff it even higher
    • I agree with buffing Ultra Bright but less than the amount shown
    • I don't know if we should buff Ultra Bright
    • No, we should not buff Ultra Bright

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/17/2021 at 02:05 AM

SHORT STORY: I believe Ultra Bright needs a buff to its resistance and damage to make it symmetrical with Dawn Blaze.  Please increase its resistance drain to 9, reduce weight to 52, and increase damage to 216-280 like Dawn Blaze (arena buffs not factored in).  Please reply to this thread.

image.png

LONG STORY: due to the way energy works, it suffers from a systemic disadvantage.  While one loses turns to cooling their mech, or can make a voluntary shut down, energy gets regenerated automatically at every turn without forcing a shutdown.  As such, if for example the average META mech has about 295 in regen, the energy player must do this much energy damage or higher every turn.  This requires high-drain configurations like dual malice beam,  at least one valiant sniper, etc.  And energy drained foes can still stomp you.

This is just one post of many that I want to make, so I'm not saying this is the only buff that energy needs.

I believe therefore that bringing energy weapons to at least equal footing with heat, if not higher stats, will help level the playing field and make energy more viable.

I'm suggesting only equal stats in the areas I mentioned to hopefully prevent an over-buff.  But feel free to disagree with me.

Please reply to this thread.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• SawzAll changed the title to Balance Request: Buff Ultra Bright resist drain to 9 & damage to 216-280 & weight reduction like Dawn Blaze

I've been thinking about the idea and well... Ultrabright is already better than Dawnblaze and shouldn't really be buffed.

Before you think I'm just here to insult you, you have to consider that energy weapons have an edge of "damage stacking" over heat weapons. Dawnblaze may have 9 resist drain and higher damage output, but Ultrabright can increase its damage by that 116 drain when against a drained opponent, making it hit up to 444 damage, which is more than something that Dawnblaze can do without the help of armor breakers.

But if I were to suggest something to help energy, it would be the removal of energy-free physical items. Why? It's because physical is the main center in between energy and heat, where items require energy and generate heat when used. However, energy-free physical items like Distance Shredder and Rock Polisher have ruined this idea by bringing us a META where physical builds can negate energy use requirements and still shred their opposition.

Yes, physical does have energy-free weapons like Mercy and Annihilation but they're held back by their heavy weight, something that the newer energy-free physical weapons lack.

If that doesn't appeal to everyone, I would also suggest lowering the effectiveness of dual modules because come on... These new METAs are literally orbiting these new modules and are completely dependent on Fortresses and Quad Core Boosters to protect them from boilers and drainers alike. In my opinion, I just don't think it's right to shut boilers and drainers out while giving damage builds the right to reign.

Otherwise, what's the point of being able to use weapons like Corrupt Light or Hysteria if they're just gonna be shunted by builds with 300+ cooling and regen?

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

3 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

I've been thinking about the idea and well... Ultrabright is already better than Dawnblaze and shouldn't really be buffed.

Before you think I'm just here to insult you, you have to consider that energy weapons have an edge of "damage stacking" over heat weapons. Dawnblaze may have 9 resist drain and higher damage output, but Ultrabright can increase its damage by that 116 drain when against a drained opponent, making it hit up to 444 damage, which is more than something that Dawnblaze can do without the help of armor breakers.

But if I were to suggest something to help energy, it would be the removal of energy-free physical items. Why? It's because physical is the main center in between energy and heat, where items require energy and generate heat when used. However, energy-free physical items like Distance Shredder and Rock Polisher have ruined this idea by bringing us a META where physical builds can negate energy use requirements and still shred their opposition.

Yes, physical does have energy-free weapons like Mercy and Annihilation but they're held back by their heavy weight, something that the newer energy-free physical weapons lack.

If that doesn't appeal to everyone, I would also suggest lowering the effectiveness of dual modules because come on... These new METAs are literally orbiting these new modules and are completely dependent on Fortresses and Quad Core Boosters to protect them from boilers and drainers alike. In my opinion, I just don't think it's right to shut boilers and drainers out while giving damage builds the right to reign.

Otherwise, what's the point of being able to use weapons like Corrupt Light or Hysteria if they're just gonna be shunted by builds with 300+ cooling and regen?

About the energy free weapons, i completely agreee. My first mech was an energy mech, and everything was doing fine, then i stopped playing for some months, and when i came back i got rekt by energy free distance shredders and now armors annihilators. maybe not remove these weapons completely, but at least nerf them

1 minute ago, GuarteCheese said:

maybe not remove these weapons completely, but at least nerf them

Nerfing is also a solution but may take some time considering how may there are as of right now. However, if it's possible, then I'll agree with nerfing energy-free physical items.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

1 hour ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

I disagree with not making distance shredder and other energy free series energy costing, it would kill the only chance people have at making a decent soft counter drainer. However making them much heavier would limit their effectiveness

I polish rocks

Before you think I'm just here to insult you....

But if I were to suggest something to help energy, it would be the removal of energy-free physical items.

I don't think you're insulting me at all.

I would say you're right about energy-free weapons.  But I don't think we should remove them all.  I think we should just limit how many of them there are to specific classes.

This is a thread for another day, but I agree and I would say this should be the list of energy-free items:

• "Staplers" (reckoning, mercy, bulldog)
  • "Foggers" (all single-shot resistance drainers)
  • Any single-shot item that is already energy-free can remain energy free.
  • "Top rockets" (distance shredder, party crasher, space invader)

That way, in my opinion, the META isn't harmed too much.

I think all other itemss should have at least a small energy cost (even if it's only 5).

But like I said, this is a conversation for another day.

BUT also, I think it's possible that if energy is buffed just the right amount, energy-free won't be so much of an advantage that energy-free configs can just ignore energy mechs while sawing them in half.  I want to believe the solution is giving energy a slight buff, not nerfing a bunch of energy-free weapons.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

Just now, SawzAll said:

I would say you're right about energy-free weapons.  But I don't think we should remove them all.  I think we should just limit how many of them there are to specific classes.

This is a thread for another day, but I agree and I would say this should be the list of energy-free items:

I think all other itemss should have at least a small energy cost (even if it's only 5).

But also, I think it's possible that if energy is buffed just the right amount, energy-free won't be so much of an advantage that energy-free configs can just ignore energy mechs while sawing them in half.

distance shredder should b nerfed tho

not space invader or party crasher, those are fine

its very light, has no energy cost, deals high damage for a phys weapon, and has 2 uses.

I polish rocks

Nerfing is also a solution but may take some time considering how may there are as of right now. However, if it's possible, then I'll agree with nerfing energy-free physical items.

Given how angry nerfing makes people, I'd prefer not to nerf anything unless it's absolutely necessary.

2 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

BUT also, I think it's possible that if energy is buffed just the right amount, energy-free won't be so much of an advantage that energy-free configs can just ignore energy mechs while sawing them in half.  I want to believe the solution is giving energy a slight buff, not nerfing a bunch of energy-free weapons.

I just think that some heat weapons that are already losing to their energy counterparts would die from oblivion as they completely lose their edge of having slightly more benefits rather than the famous "damage stacking" that Ultrabright and Malice Beam are good at.

4 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

Given how angry nerfing makes people, I'd prefer not to nerf anything unless it's absolutely necessary.

True... But given the nature of how some of the energy-free weapons are capable of beating both energy and heat mechs alike, something should be done to even out the playing field.

Like Rock Polisher's 62 heat cost and 115 backfire for 536 max damage + 15 resist drain + infinite uses.

35 minutes ago, ChooseGeno said:

distance shredder should b nerfed tho

I have one and it's not as OP as people think it is.  It just looks flashy when you use it.

Besides, if d-shred needs to be nerfed, so do all the frantic weapons, but we've already done that, so ............

image.png.463e89c7bf995a3270faf7dc1fc39399.png

5 hours ago, SawzAll said:

I have one and it's not as OP as people think it is.  It just looks flashy when you use it.

Besides, if d-shred needs to be nerfed, so do all the frantic weapons, but we've already done that, so ............

image.png.463e89c7bf995a3270faf7dc1fc39399.png

I feel like frantics have been buffed actually

7 hours ago, GuarteCheese said:

About the energy free weapons, i completely agreee. My first mech was an energy mech, and everything was doing fine, then i stopped playing for some months, and when i came back i got rekt by energy free distance shredders and now armors annihilators. maybe not remove these weapons completely, but at least nerf them

Same, my energy mech is getting bullied by the energy free weapons, it should get another platinum plating and quad cores and it would be ok but i don't have this.