Another digital art finished

White Star

Here it is the drone with my AP mechanic in mind.

387793991_APDrone.thumb.png.f0cd824173a4cd2021d792a26117edb3.png

Instead of making a poll for a name i decided to name it right away.

PS: Because of complaints, i shall emphasize, i chose the names myself therefore I shall NOT change them.

Physical: Wyvern Bite

Heat: Salamander Tail

Energy: Thunderbird Talon

Edit: Energy - Thunderbird Talon

683496183_APDrone_20211224150959.thumb.png.abaa5cb48a872d720bbb60f9de16bb0d.png

Edit 2: Heat - Salamander Tail

822802956_APDrone_20211224152939.thumb.png.d8bce88879069978f205154b7a14a4a7.png

And that's it, the trio is complete.

Edited by White Star (see edit history)

Artist

Nice sprite design and even better coloring. 

Man, if only I knew how to do perspective, shading, and gradients like that.  

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

Just now, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Nice sprite design and even better coloring. 

Man, if only I knew how to do prospective, shading, and gradients like that.  

Thank you!

It's all about practice, you can make a simple gradient by making 3 lines, the first line has around 40% transparency and goes first, then the second line has around 60% transparency... the last line has 100% transparency.

I usually have a base color [ the darker blue you saw up there, then you get a lighter color based on the darker one ]

About proportions, yep... i have been drawing for more than a decade so... there's a lot of practice involved.

Artist

49 minutes ago, White Star said:

About proportions

My bad, I accidentally wrote "prospective" instead of perspective.

With perspective, my items tend to look misaligned in comparison to the perspective of other items just like it. 

52 minutes ago, White Star said:

It's all about practice, you can make a simple gradient by making 3 lines, the first line has around 40% transparency and goes first, then the second line has around 60% transparency... the last line has 100% transparency.

That's a good thing to know, thank you for the advice. I had my gradients with like 12 different segments at all the same transparency and minor differences in each of the segment color tones. 

To say the least, I did things the basic way and I think my sprite gradients show that well.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

1 minute ago, Tesla Surge said:

did you know if you knew java you could make a workshop unlimited pack with your drones in it. I would definitely download it.

If that requires a PC then it's out of my reach 😂 but it would be cool to have my own pack, torsos, legs... everything.

Artist

1 minute ago, Tesla Surge said:

i didn't get a reward and the leaderboard says im in position 99

Ah it's over already... well the thing is, if i battle now it'll refresh my rank.

Each season you must fight at least once, you don't even need to win... so that at the end of the season your reward is guaranteed.

Screenshot_20211224-210326.jpg

Artist