Item Sprite (Work-In-Progress)

W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T

It's been a while since I last did a custom sprite and definitely a while since I last had some sort of idea for what I could create. After so long of having no new ideas and creativity mood spikes, I've finally got the feeling to get creative and make yet another sprite. This is the result:

1727385455_Untitleddrawingenlarged.png.16dc19ed9792ad10344a6f5a1cd21755.png

Note: I enlarged the sprite, so the resolution became sort of iffy.

I haven't painted it nor have I named it because I wanted to see how others viewed the item's design before I moved on to that part of the sprite designing. In this form, the design is easier to edit given how all parts are the same color but it removes all depth that the sprite is meant to have, so things will look like they're on a similar layer as one another when they're really not. Just know that with this sprite, there's a lot of different layers, so the whole thing isn't just one straight layout with many lines on it.

For what the sprite is, well, it's a long-range chaingun. It was originally going to be a kind of side-arm recoil cannon that would fire a single shell that would do the same recoil effect as a recoiler.. But then I decided to do something different with the cannon's barrel. With several changes and additions, I made the cannon design into a chaingun design that doesn't look like an everyday Annihilation or Spartan Carnage. 

I'm unsure of if it should be top-mount or side-arm, energy-costing or energy-free, but if one thing's for sure, it's that this sprite is a long-range chaingun that isn't a Last Resort Vulcan. 

Let me know what you guys think about the sprite and/or the sprite's function down in the comments, the feedback will help me through developing it further. I may or may not even do a few variations of the sprite if there's enough of a desire for that to be seen. 

But with that said, that's all I got for this topic. Thanks for taking the time to swing by.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

7 hours ago, AftoKrator_ said:

just gona throw this out there........ it's very blocky

Eh, that's just the usual style that my items have. However, there's some depth to the item, it's just that the lack of color doesn't show that (i.e. That side arrow + square part protruding outward while the two squares with the two arrows are in the "center layer" of the weapon).

That, and you should see what my previous items looked like if you think this one looks blocky lol. 

7 hours ago, AftoKrator_ said:

btw, is this vector or raster

Uhhh.. Who and Who?

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

On 12/15/2021 at 2:42 AM, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Uhhh.. Who and Who?

just the drawing format. 

raster is drawn pixel by pixel. aka pixel art (of course, not like the extremely big pixel art games, but basically the same idea) 
ms paint or adobe photoshop is an excellent raster art software. basically anything that uses brush/pencil and eraser tool is raster. 

vector is using lines and more solid colors. this one is harder to explain, but basically, you are drawing by creating shapes on a blank canvas instead of a really big pixel grid. adobe illustrator is a a drawing tool that only have vector drawing. this usually have a shape or pen tool. 

also, can you send the original copy of the image. not the enlarged version. 

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

10 hours ago, AftoKrator_ said:

just the drawing format. 

raster is drawn pixel by pixel. aka pixel art (of course, not like the extremely big pixel art games, but basically the same idea) 
ms paint or adobe photoshop is an excellent raster art software. basically anything that uses brush/pencil and eraser tool is raster. 

vector is using lines and more solid colors. this one is harder to explain, but basically, you are drawing by creating shapes on a blank canvas instead of a really big pixel grid. adobe illustrator is a a drawing tool that only have vector drawing. this usually have a shape or pen tool. 

also, can you send the original copy of the image. not the enlarged version. 

Oh, in that case, I made the sprite using neither of the softwares you mentioned, I used Google Draw. The description of vector drawing sounds like the way how I made the sprite (via a culmination of shapes instead of pixel-by-pixel) and the solid grey-blue color on the sprite is the default color applied to shapes upon creation.

I didn't touch the coloring since I would be able to edit the sprite's design a lot easier when it's all the same color and not multiple kinds of shading and different colors on parts through the sprite.