Arena Shop Suggestions

Coddiwomple

Listed below are some additions I would like to see implemented in the Arena Shop (ordered from most important to least important):

1. Adding rewards in exchange for arena coins, namely prem packs, fortune boxes, refills, and/or prem boxes

Players who have fully upgraded their arena buffs will amass loads of coins with nothing to spend them on. To address such an issue, a reward shop could be added once the shop is maxed (if new categories were added, it would disappear until they were maxed) for such players. The reason for the shop completion lock for the rewards is to discourage newer players from squandering valuable arena coins.

2. Adding new categories to the arena shop and increasing upgrade caps (10 - +11)

New categories would be a stretch (nearly every relevant aspect of gameplay is currently covered), but increasing upgrade caps for other categories could be helpful.

3. Adding a “respec” option

An option to respec arena coins would help mitigate the impact of players’ mistakes in upgrading the arena shop. However, there would need to be some limit to respec the shop (e.g. token cost and/or limited amount of times to respec) to avoid exploitation (specifically for raid).

4. Adding a “disable arena buffs” option

The sole purpose of such an option would be to (necessarily) level the playing field in a hypothetical continuation of the GOAT Tournament (and I am fully aware this would also require community organization if the community wants the event to return).

Anyway, these are just some of my suggestions. Feel free to critique them or add on to them!

Edited by Coddiwomple (see edit history)

Going nowhere with all the intent and purpose of going somewhere.

• Coddiwomple changed the title to Arena Shop Suggestions
11 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

1. Adding rewards in exchange for arena coins, namely prem packs, fortune boxes, refills, and/or prem boxes

No. Even if I have Billions of ASC, I would not waist them on this. But, that is just me.  I rather insurance if more were added. Hmm....

13 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

3. Adding a “respec” option

Have no idea what that is. Never heard of it until, now.

16 minutes ago, Coddiwomple said:

4. Adding a “disable arena buffs” option

The sole purpose of such an option would be to (necessarily) level the playing field in a hypothetical continuation of the GOAT Tournament (and I am fully aware this would also require community organization if the community wants the event to return).

No comment on this.

1 hour ago, JamAnime said:

Have no idea what that is. Never heard of it until, now.

Forgive me for not clarifying. Games with skill trees or similar systems occasionally offer the option to undo the points you put into them, often at a cost. This is referred to as a “respec”.

Example:

In a skill tree, you invest all of your 18 points into branch A. When you respec, all points are refunded and you can change where you put them now (e. g. you now put 6 points each in branches A, B, and C)

In the context of SM, this would allow all of your Arena Shop upgrades to be reverted, and you can then change where you invest them as you wish.

Edited by Coddiwomple (see edit history)

Going nowhere with all the intent and purpose of going somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...