Sprite Creation Help?

W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T

I was wondering if someone could help teach me about how to properly make custom item sprites. I'm thinking of learning about sprite creation since I want to do something creative but I don't have experience with these sorts of things, so I would appreciate it if someone taught me how. 

Also, is there a free software/program that can allow for smooth sprite creation? If yes, could you provide a link to it? Thank you in advance.

Note: I don't know where to go for assistance, so I posted this in Fanart since this is the closest thing that I know of that relates to things like custom sprites and stuff. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

I would say to use the thing that your most familiar with.

Also when making a sprite never add lines always add shapes that connect to make lines.

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

If you are looking for a free online combination of adobe photoshop and adobe illustrator, you can use Photopea. 

Photopea | Online Photo Editor

Note: As far as I know, most of these sprites and the stuff used in WU, are made in either Adobe Illustrator or some program similar to illustrator because sprites are most often made with vector graphics. 

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

13 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

I was wondering if someone could help teach me about how to properly make custom item sprites. I'm thinking of learning about sprite creation since I want to do something creative but I don't have experience with these sorts of things, so I would appreciate it if someone taught me how. 

Also, is there a free software/program that can allow for smooth sprite creation? If yes, could you provide a link to it? Thank you in advance.

Note: I don't know where to go for assistance, so I posted this in Fanart since this is the closest thing that I know of that relates to things like custom sprites and stuff. 

id recommend drawing it on paper, as 3-D as possible, with lost of detail, and then taking a photo, and doing the outline of it, and then add coloring, small decals, etc.

One Mech to rule them all

1 minute ago, AftoKrator said:

Or you can just use online sketchpads (i do that), so do you don't have to lose as much quality when taking a picture.... shading and lighting does matter

true. although i add small details on the online drawing itsself

i use procreate

One Mech to rule them all