Is this normal or a bug?

AftoKrator

This has been happening a few times now. Sometimes in arena, when the opponent pulls out their non-backfire drone, they loose some hp. 

Like just then, I was in rank 10 arena... someone pulled out their maxed Tonto and lost 60 hp. 

I used to think it was just a glitch like sometimes when you die from an energy drain attack and the next mech's energy looks like it's missing a chunk, but that doesn't seem to be the case here since the numbers don't add up. 

And... here is the video. I block off the names for privacy, but just know that the one with the divine tonto is me. and the video goes pretty quick. 

Glitch happens on 00:13. 

Edited by Aftokrator_SM (see edit history)

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

On 3/26/2021 at 12:47 AM, Aftokrator_SM said:

I used to think it was just a glitch like sometimes when you die from an energy drain attack and the next mech's energy looks like it's missing a chunk, but that doesn't seem to be the case here since the numbers don't add up. 

That's usually a visual bug when the game's reading of stats lags out, causing the next mech to essentially look like it got handed the drain that the first mech didn't fully receive... But I suppose it could be worse by being actual drain that carries over and affects your next mech.

RiP energy-free secondary mech users... Or any energy-free mech user in general if that was an actual mechanic. (Yes, I run a semi-energy free build with a backfire drone, in case you were wondering, so I would definitely get affected by an actual energy drain carryover mechanic.)

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success.