Buff Hot Flash: reduce weight to 50

SawzAll

Should we buff Hot Flash by reducing weight to 50?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hot Flash Too Heavy?

• This item needs a buff (too heavy)
    • This item is fine
    • This item needs a nerf (reply)
  2. 2. Should we reduce Hot Flash weight to 50?

• Do this change
    • Do not do this change
    • Tweak this change

I've noticed that Hot Flash is way too heavy.  If one looks at the equivalent weapons in heat, it's far heavier, but for no apparent reason.  Please remedy some of the discrepancy between heat and energy (with energy being weak) by reducing the weight of Hot Flash to 50.  (There might be a separate thread for Malice Beam and Hybrid Energy Cannon).  Please read below for further discussion.

image.thumb.png.d5f77b28306fe62c13217dc34f6c03bc.png

Long story: some of the stats for the energy weapons are higher, true, but this is because energy functions differently than heat, and it's necessary to give energy weapons approximately an extra 10-20% to make them as powerful in the game.

I know energy and heat function differently, but just hear me out.

I can't make the same mech as the META boiler (see the META thread) because I end up going overweight.  For example:

META BOILER:

image.png.08c1c586a4dd9b02afea8aabf920903e.png

MY COPY OF IT:

image.thumb.png.57ee9ae8c8de5c106ab25ce10b4f62a0.png

I know that it's not 100% fair to use this as an example, and it's not 100% logical.  I'm also rank 9, so I may be wrong.  But I feel that this is why we don't see these energy weapons in the META very often.  I feel like this is why the META uses valiant sniper, grim cobra, bright roar, UPC, and such: currently they may be the only decent energy weapons.

And I think that reducing the weight of these energy weapons above would change that.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

-Also hot flash is energy free, has unlimited uses, and no backfire and all other weapons like this also weigh around this

image.png.01b76d3a549226054fb519407f6b0c17.png 

this literally is the only weapon I could find.

Edited by Gautham_Rajkumar (see edit history)

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

477762592_Misk_(4).png.ed80aefd5743fea96af6de357b7d04a1.png

Stolen from @JamAnime

On 3/24/2021 at 2:56 PM, SawzAll said:

I've noticed that Hot Flash is way too heavy.  If one looks at the equivalent weapons in heat, it's far heavier, but for no apparent reason.  Please remedy some of the discrepancy between heat and energy (with energy being weak) by reducing the weight of Hot Flash to 50.  (There might be a separate thread for Malice Beam and Hybrid Energy Cannon).  Please read below for further discussion.

image.thumb.png.d5f77b28306fe62c13217dc34f6c03bc.png

Long story: some of the stats for the energy weapons are higher, true, but this is because energy functions differently than heat, and it's necessary to give energy weapons approximately an extra 10-20% to make them as powerful in the game.

I know energy and heat function differently, but just hear me out.

I can't make the same mech as the META boiler (see the META thread) because I end up going overweight.  For example:

META BOILER:

image.png.08c1c586a4dd9b02afea8aabf920903e.png

MY COPY OF IT:

image.thumb.png.57ee9ae8c8de5c106ab25ce10b4f62a0.png

I know that it's not 100% fair to use this as an example, and it's not 100% logical.  I'm also rank 9, so I may be wrong.  But I feel that this is why we don't see these energy weapons in the META very often.  I feel like this is why the META uses valiant sniper, grim cobra, bright roar, UPC, and such: currently they may be the only decent energy weapons.

And I think that reducing the weight of these energy weapons above would change that.

Hoy flash should be nerfed why should itir do regen damage its bad for energy build like me where you energy break some but they can still fight you with that THING it should only to 50 emrgy dmg at max and no regen dmg and have backfire

Thats energy capacity damage

Hybrid Energy Cannon and Hot Flash take heat when they are used so the users of these weapons will either, overheat/shut down themselves, get shut down by heat builds or die to phys mechs

PURPLE  Bring Back The Confetti! "Like and follow it'll give me a better reputation" - Spam

Stolen from @JamAnime

7 minutes ago, Gautham_Rajkumar said:

Thats energy capacity damage

Hybrid Energy Cannon and Hot Flash take heat when they are used so the users of these weapons will either, overheat/shut down themselves, get shut down by heat builds or die to phys mechs

Well the heat they get compared to the energy dmg its does is unbalanced the person can use it one time without overheating but energy breaking you

No not really, I have a rank 10 heat build that on average does 250 or so heat damage per turn combine that with the average energy players heat cap. (400-500) then it is completely balanced, not to mention energy free heat builds and phys mech. If they come across a phys mech and overheat themselves then they lose a turn and take a lot of damage plus most phy mechs are energy free or have low energy cost weapons.   

Stolen from @JamAnime

1 hour ago, Gautham_Rajkumar said:

-Also hot flash is energy free, has unlimited uses, and no backfire and all other weapons like this also weigh around this

image.png.01b76d3a549226054fb519407f6b0c17.png 

this literally is the only weapon I could find.

So what you're saying is Sorrow needs a buff also? 🙂 

27 minutes ago, Dark conon mech said:

Hoy flash should be nerfed why should itir do regen damage its bad for energy build like me where you energy break some but they can still fight you with that THING it should only to 50 emrgy dmg at max and no regen dmg and have backfire

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

I understand, everyone, that you may not be in favor.  But if you'll let me explain my logic, my logic is that weapons that are more or less equal in power, and used in basically the same context, i.e. the ones in the picture I shared, aren't equal.  I think this is left over bull krap from TactiSoft: as I look at and pay attention to what TactiSoft did, it seems to me that they didn't care about energy at all.  There's so much stuff from the TactiSoft era that we've been working to fix when it comes to energy.

So because Malice Beam is more or less equal to Corrupt Light in power and concept, Hot Flash about equivalent to Flaminator, etc, that's why I'm proposing this change.  For example, the META boiler build is impossible to do with energy if you pick the same weapons that are equivalent (and have the imaginary energy vandal rage of equal weight).  You can't build it because you go 60 kg and more overweight.  It's just illogical.

Why should weapons that look identical and are almost identical be so different in weight?

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

1 minute ago, SawzAll said:

I understand, everyone, that you may not be in favor.  But if you'll let me explain my logic, my logic is that weapons that are more or less equal in power, and used in basically the same context, i.e. the ones in the picture I shared, aren't equal.  I think this is left over bull krap from TactiSoft: as I look at and pay attention to what TactiSoft did, it seems to me that they didn't care about energy at all.  There's so much stuff from the TactiSoft era that we've been working to fix when it comes to energy.

So because Malice Beam is more or less equal to Corrupt Light in power and concept, Hot Flash about equivalent to Flaminator, etc, that's why I'm proposing this change.  For example, the META boiler build is impossible to do with energy if you pick the same weapons that are equivalent (and have the imaginary energy vandal rage of equal weight).  You can't build it because you go 30 kg and more overweight.  It's just illogical.

Between malice beam and corrupt light malice is better

If energy weapons where equal to heat weapons (In weight) then they would be overpowered. Like I said before my rank 10 heat build can do 250 or so heat pers turn (If I have the energy) but a energy mech at that rank can do around 326 or so energy drain per turn and that excluding vailient... with vailient it make the drain 418 which is around how much energy capacity most mech have.

Edited by Gautham_Rajkumar
So it make more sense (see edit history)

Stolen from @JamAnime

I get your point here SawzAll, but if you look at the stats for mortalbullet... its 10 kg less than sorrow. so if you can afford using the hybrid cannons, then you can probably afford using mortalbullet on the energy version of your heat meta. 

Of course, hot flash and hybrid energy are a little over weight so 50 kg is pretty good. 

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

I meant in weight. Otherwise I would have just contradicted myself

11 minutes ago, Aftokrator_SM said:

maybe lowering hot flash and hybrid energy to 55kg will be fine then. 

This is better than the 50 kg but I think that making it 60 kg is best, because it lowers the weight but not enough to be too good, at least in my opinion

Stolen from @JamAnime