Buff Viking Hammer: weight to 60, dmg to 236-395, regen damage to 20 like Flaming Hammer

SawzAll

Should we buff Viking Hammer?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should we buff Viking Hammer?

• This item needs a buff
    • This item is fine
    • This item needs a nerf
  2. 2. Should we buff Viking Hammer this much? (weight to 60, dmg to 236-395, regen damage to 20 like Flaming Hammer)

• Do this change
    • Do not do this change
    • Tweak this change

BLUF: To make Viking Hammer more or less on equal footing to Flaming Hammer, I believe we should buff Viking Hammer only a little by making some of its stats equal to heat:

• Reduce weight to 60  (-3)
  • Increase damage to 236-395  (+19)
  • Increase regen damage to 20  (+3)

image.png.5df9044e1ca8bbef6db2b75477c8d538.png

LONG STORY: Due to the way energy works, it suffers from a systemic disadvantage.  While one loses turns to cooling their mech, or can make a voluntary shut down, energy gets regenerated automatically at every turn without costing a turn.  As such, if for example the average META mech has about 295 in regen, the energy player must do this much energy damage or higher every turn.  This requires high-drain configurations like dual malice beam,  at least one valiant sniper, etc.  And energy drained foes can still stomp you, fire energy-free weapons, grapple, and charge.

I believe therefore that bringing energy weapons to at least equal footing with heat will help level the playing field and make energy more viable.  I'm not requesting for stats that are higher than heat because I don't want to accidentally over-buff any items.  Truth be told, energy should have roughly 25% higher stats, but this request is for more or less equal stats.

I do not want to nerf any items because that's both unpopular and harmful to the game.

I'm suggesting only equal stats in the areas I mentioned to hopefully prevent an over-buff.  But feel free to disagree with me.

Please reply to this thread.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

1 hour ago, RaymondL1747 said:

btw Sawzall you don't really need all these topic just make a topic for all of them

No I was told by a moderator these have to be one item at a time.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• 9 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 8:36 AM, SawzAll said:

BLUF: To make Viking Hammer more or less on equal footing to Flaming Hammer, I believe we should buff Viking Hammer only a little by making some of its stats equal to heat:

• Reduce weight to 60  (-3)
  • Increase damage to 236-395  (+19)
  • Increase regen damage to 20  (+3)

image.png.5df9044e1ca8bbef6db2b75477c8d538.png

LONG STORY: Due to the way energy works, it suffers from a systemic disadvantage.  While one loses turns to cooling their mech, or can make a voluntary shut down, energy gets regenerated automatically at every turn without costing a turn.  As such, if for example the average META mech has about 295 in regen, the energy player must do this much energy damage or higher every turn.  This requires high-drain configurations like dual malice beam,  at least one valiant sniper, etc.  And energy drained foes can still stomp you, fire energy-free weapons, grapple, and charge.

I believe therefore that bringing energy weapons to at least equal footing with heat will help level the playing field and make energy more viable.  I'm not requesting for stats that are higher than heat because I don't want to accidentally over-buff any items.  Truth be told, energy should have roughly 25% higher stats, but this request is for more or less equal stats.

I do not want to nerf any items because that's both unpopular and harmful to the game.

I'm suggesting only equal stats in the areas I mentioned to hopefully prevent an over-buff.  But feel free to disagree with me.

Please reply to this thread.

yeah they should buff energy. should add a status to it when you energy break someone like a palatalization that stays for a bit and could waste one of your turns you could have used on stomping or using a weapon. that would make energy more viable in higher ranks. and yes viking hammer should get buffed to be more equal to the flaming hammer