Is this Energy Build worth it?

OOSNSOO

Question

11 answers to this question

No, pretty much bad in every area. Sounds harsh but its true, nice try though

1) Very low health

2) Very low cooling and regen

3) Not a very good drone, its made for energy free builds

4) The ultrabright is not a very good weapon, there are much better alternatives

5) sword + hammer isn't that good of a combo, but can work if you have no range 2 weapons apart from the sword

"Religion is ignorance of reality" -Β Primary Iterator Kyril Sindermann

24 minutes ago, GeometricalTaco said:

No, pretty much bad in every area. Sounds harsh but its true, nice try though

1) Very low health

2) Very low cooling and regen

3) Not a very good drone, its made for energy free builds

4) The ultrabright is not a very good weapon, there are much better alternatives

5) sword + hammer isn't that good of a combo, but can work if you have no range 2 weapons apart from the sword

Try to upgrade them, but one question: how is rail gun built for energy free mechs? It cannot even fire...

2 minutes ago, OOSNSOO said:

Try to upgrade them, but one question: how is rail gun built for energy free mechs? It cannot even fire...

It cannot even fire what?

And sorry i made a mistake I thought it didnt use up energy to fire. But still it is not a very good drone in comparison to others available

1 minute ago, GeometricalTaco said:

It cannot even fire what?

And sorry i made a mistake I thought it didnt use up energy to fire. But still it is not a very good drone in comparison to others available

Why? It's the most energy damaging one... Plus, no backfire, and given the swords I use, it will always be in range

Please explain...

I don't think so, personally, because the focus should be on draining if you are using energy.

So I would recommend bright roar and storm weaver, first.Β  Storm weaver drains more and only knocks back 1, meaning if they're dumb enough to stay in 1-2 range again, you can bright roar + storm weaver again.

Second, I would recommend dual malice beams.Β  I like Ultra Bright but the goal here should be draining their energy, and malice beam is probably one of the best 3-6 range weapons for doing that.

Finally, I would never recommend Grim Reaper. Β With all due respect, get a better torso.Β  I say that as someone who was using Grim Reaper until I got a Rusty Energy Armor.

Here's my recommendation:

image.thumb.png.975fc55d4c3d218ff2be271381d63fb8.png

But honestly dual malice beam doesn't drain enough in my opinion, so here's an alternate configuration from META:

image.png.7ef7e6a6e0389920389197d033ed68

Β 

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

3 minutes ago, OOSNSOO said:

Why? It's the most energy damaging one... Plus, no backfire, and given the swords I use, it will always be in range

Please explain...

It has only average damage, it doesnt drain the most energy, and it is only range 3-6, so if you end your turn and they are somehow in range 1 or 2, it wont fire

2 minutes ago, GeometricalTaco said:

It has only average damage, it doesnt drain the most energy, and it is only range 3-6, so if you end your turn and they are somehow in range 1 or 2, it wont fire

Agreed, but the energy drain has a difference of less than 10, plus more cost of energy, less resistance drainage, and backfire, too ..

1 minute ago, OOSNSOO said:

Agreed, but the energy drain has a difference of less than 10, plus more cost of energy, less resistance drainage, and backfire, too ..

Of course its your choice to choose what stats are more important, but from experience, I can tell you youd be better off sticking with a different drone