Random Food for Thought

W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T

Recently, as I've been doing my usual campaign grinding, I've noticed something rather odd about the battles I've had against two particular campaign mech types. 

The Dual Sword Energy Mechs of Overlord's Den - 7 and the Triple Energythrower Mechs of Overlord's Den - Side Mission 2 have charge engines that hit explosive resistance and energy resistance, respectively.

This likely means that an energy charge engine and a heat charge engine may actually be canon items in the game but are only usable by campaign AI mechs.

Screenshot_20220224-221323.thumb.png.28b4c4f937c3bc1069c20db2ca9d6532.png
 Screenshot_20220224-221300.thumb.png.40aa4d4df28975798109c0ef23cef613.png

Note: This is most definitely a visual bug but hey, it doesn't hurt to speculate every now and then.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

2 hours ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Recently, as I've been doing my usual campaign grinding, I've noticed something rather odd about the battles I've had against two particular campaign mech types. 

The Dual Sword Energy Mechs of Overlord's Den - 7 and the Triple Energythrower Mechs of Overlord's Den - Side Mission 2 have charge engines that hit explosive resistance and energy resistance, respectively.

This likely means that an energy charge engine and a heat charge engine may actually be canon items in the game but are only usable by campaign AI mechs.

Screenshot_20220224-221323.thumb.png.28b4c4f937c3bc1069c20db2ca9d6532.png
 Screenshot_20220224-221300.thumb.png.40aa4d4df28975798109c0ef23cef613.png

Note: This is most definitely a visual bug but hey, it doesn't hurt to speculate every now and then.

its just a visual bug. if you have a heat mech, bot's charge will effect explosive resistance, if you have an energy mech, bot's charge will effect eletric resistance. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Warrior said:

if you have a heat mech, bot's charge will effect explosive resistance, if you have an energy mech, bot's charge will effect eletric resistance.

i... don't think the game would care what weapon element you major in........ then what dmg will it do if you run a hybrid? following your logic, it should hit all 3 resistances (or 2, depending in the hybrid)

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

5 hours ago, A-1 Pictures said:

i... don't think the game would care what weapon element you major in........ then what dmg will it do if you run a hybrid? following your logic, it should hit all 3 resistances (or 2, depending in the hybrid)

just try it,sheep. ♿♿♿

Edited by Greedy Warrior
torrsooso.s (see edit history)

19 hours ago, Greedy Warrior said:

its just a visual bug. if you have a heat mech, bot's charge will effect explosive resistance, if you have an energy mech, bot's charge will effect eletric resistance. 

I had a feeling that the damage infliction was too sophisticated for SuperMechs. Though I guess having interesting thoughts of visual bugs beats trying to think about them realistically. 

There's a limit on how many times you can think about something in SM until it gets old or loss of interest forces attention toward something else, after all. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success.