VOTE NOW !!! Brand new ARENA without heartaches and fear ! Only count on your strenght,invertory , experiance and tactics !

fig

Brand NEW arena guys vote now ! A fair arena without hearaches and flip coins !  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy an arena full of counters ? Do you think it is fair for your progress and time you daily spend to fight with semi-energy-frees mechs ? Do you want the future arena to be based on the years you spended on this game , and have an 100% fair character ? This is our chance !

• Yes I would like to fight on the arena from now on only against rounder mechs or pure energy free mechs .
    • No I want the arena to be a place that counters will be able to participate as well .

Hello guys ! 
I am a player that would like SM to be a game not based on luck like the 90% of the on line games nowdays .
In the most of the games I have played , player should come on top ranks just to realise that the games main aspect ( arena ) is spoiled from unbalanced items or worst by an anbalanced arena character . 

I giving to all of you this poll , in order to have a more pleasurable time o this game .
In order to not have to face counters on the arenas  , with classic example the 1V1 arena  flip coin ''cancer '' that I am sure give burdains to both sides ( rounders /counters ) !
In order counters to not ruin players progress , fun and first of all health .

So , on  the point 🥳...
Before we do balances on this game before give buffs /nerfs /new items .
I believe that its very important to give a fair and honorable character on the arena .
This thing will be accomplished only if  the arena will be a place for ....rounders .....and pure energy free mechs .
Mechs that doesnt fall on  those two categories  like semi en free builds ( semi-energy-free-physical-metas or totally counter mechs, mechs that have no heat or energy modules I think their ruin the whole point of the game .

My solution 😎 : My solution is to make a filter/coding on this game  in which every mech that have 1 or more energy consumption weapon to be ''forced '' to equip 5x energy or heat modules ( like the most of the tactical  players that doesnt counts on luck on arena  do )  for be able to participate on the ''classic'' arena  . From the other hand on the future ....can be a ''free arena'' in which counters will be able to participate but with the half rewards ( APs etc ) 

The way of thinking 🤓: the way of thinking is simple ' every semi energy free build is counting on its advantage on its 1 or more energy consumption weapons ( see : semi - en-free-phys-metas  that equips at least an energy consumption drone ) 
If those builds will be ''forced'' to mount ONLY energy free weapons , then metas / counters strategy will have a gape and of course the arena will have a more fair character  leading the players to go rounder .

The choises 👺: Go rounder ....go pure energy free ...dont go counters because you are ruining my fun , your fun , games fun 😉

PS : the 100% of the games nowdays have that negative ingredient that falls into their basic aspect - the arena  which tends to be 100% flip coin .
I would really like to finally play a different game and I am counting those hopes on SM .
Because Sm have all the build in potential to go into those changes NOW !
and to make the DIFFERENCE between the rest of on line super-duper graphics games !
From the other hand ...if the ARENA will remain like every other games arena then ...I  will personally  prefer the sci fi graphics and in game experiance !

@Alexander its on your hands , we are willing to help with our way 🙂

ΝΟΤΕ : this kind of free arena doesnt only make players fall arrround 30aps lower than their posibilities , but at the same time favours potentials hackers .

Regards : THANOS78  ( 2011  till now ) 

Edited by TALΩS (see edit history)

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

• fig changed the title to VOTE NOW !!! Brand new ARENA without heartaches and fear ! Only count on your strenght,invertory , experiance and tactics !
10 hours ago, AssClown said:

tldr;

Brought to you by asshats to reelect AssClown to the Itty Bitty Titty Committee.

You are right , I highlighted the important part , yet thank you for your vote , the poll was pretty clear !
My solution 😎 : My solution is to make a filter/coding on this game  in which every mech that have 1 or more energy consumption weapon to be ''forced '' to equip 5x energy or heat modules ( like the most of the tactical  players that doesnt counts on luck on arena  do )  for be able to participate on the ''classic'' arena  . From the other hand on the future ....can be a ''free arena'' in which counters will be able to participate but with the half rewards ( APs etc ) 

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

• 2 weeks later...

I believe a better alternative can be made.

The game will record a "skill" level for each player. This can be public/or hidden.

If you win, your "skill" will go up. If you lose, that "skill" will go down.

Use a weaker mech to beat a stronger opponent (computed via mech scores) will increase more "skill" than using a stronger mech to beat a weaker opponent. If you lost and you are weaker, you decrease less.

Depend on how "beat" your opponent is (e.g. amount of overheat / overheat, amount of damage caused / damage received), the game will adjust your score. This should adjust it so that if you barely beat them the two playre's score will mostly stay unchanged.

However, this is essentially putting everyone in the pit and see who has the highest score. This is no different from the current arena.

Which is why I'm going to introduce you to a "mech-based" matchmaking algorithm.

The game look at all the items you equipped, and it calculate a score on how strong that mech is. (e.g. level 1 common get 1 point, level 1 epic get 100 point + 1 level per upgrade level. add all the points together for all the mechs)

It will then attempt to find a opponent with similar score.

This way, we should have mostly eliminated trolls. Counters, not so much.

On 12/27/2020 at 11:06 PM, TALΩS said:

My solution is to make a filter/coding on this game  in which every mech that have 1 or more energy consumption weapon to be ''forced '' to equip 5x energy or heat modules

This is bullshit. Bullcrap. Nonsense.

(I'm sorry if it sound rude, but this is the single most false/impossible statement I can possibly find on the forum. It is, to me, wrong, in every sense.)

The natural reason, and in fact, the only reason counters exist, is because there are some popular builds with possible weakspots. This make themselves unrounded.

If you have a balanced mech lineup, I'm sure you can fend one off, since counters generally are more expensive (and not as money/bang effective) as other builds.

Pit the opponents in by how their mech is and you can easily triumph over them:

Opponent show up with heat-based phys counter: pit your heat against it.

Opponent show up in eng-based phys counter: pit your eng against it.

Opponent show up in eng-counter (no-eng, mass eng & no heat): pit your heat/phys against it.

Opponent show up in eng-based heat-counter: pit your eng against it. Their regen will be low bc they need to absorb the heat.

Opponent show up in phys-based heat counter: pit your phys against it.

This might force people to make somewhat rounded (and more efficient) mechs that still have a focus, as the opponent they are facing will have similar gear (to what themselves have)

Very few counter can actually manage to fend off a decent mech from the class they are based upon -- unless they are trolls.

But where are trolls? Aren't they pitted against themselves, or, very powerful figures that will whack them?

Double dual deso + heatbomb (perhaps also with a no-eng pew pew) no-eng builds can wreck havoc on everyone. But, what if you are not facing dual MYTH deso when you have legendary hysteria, and instead facing legendary dual deso?

What if you are not facing divine malice beam when you didn't have even one mythed?

Yes, a heatbomb can still shutdown your eng mech, but for how long? Can you out-damage his dual deso by draining him? Perhaps. Can you manage to fend off your own heat? Perhaps. Even if not, it's only ONE loss.

Yes, counters are bad. But don't ban them -- because they can only exist for a reason. Find that reason.

Aren't all campaign mechs counters?

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it