My dual deso mech

Shoultz262

My dual deso mech  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I build?

On 12/25/2020 at 8:04 PM, Liam.M.Lucas_2020 said:

Zero phys resistance is a really bad idea..

I've noticed that the upper rank players have resistance values in the 90s.  I'm assuming they do this using individual L-D modules and some crazy arena buffs?

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

• 4 weeks later...

With thanos, you get 89 with a protector and I believe 97 with a fortress.

On 12/30/2020 at 7:39 PM, SawzAll said:

Maybe, but these people were all using Thanos torsos.

Anyways, you shoudl use B because A is weak to energy. Overall though, I would recommend going recoiler dissolver supreme and deso.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

6 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

Anyways, you shoudl use B because A is weak to energy. Overall though, I would recommend going recoiler dissolver supreme and deso.

If you don't mind me saying so, if you don't want a config weak to energy, you would want to refrain from using weapons that need energy like Magma Recoiler and Abomination.

Honestly, if it was me, I'd go with config B and then put only heat modules on it, to see if I can reduce weight enough to put armor on it.

And if I only had to choose (space and weight) between a physical resistance or energy resistance module, I would totally go without energy resistance.  Sadly, energy doesn't pack enough of a punch to be that concerned about it, and doesn't do enough resistance drain, either.

With thanos, you get 89 with a protector and I believe 97 with a fortress.

No, you don't.  With all due respect, this is why META mechs use individual fortresses or resistance modules.  I like max protector but when you see rank 1's battling it out with 100+ resistance in some categories, you see why.

image.png.fb09c607bee9fb6a0631d41bdd6dd867.png

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

First important thing, semi free energy builds work very well: since they can fight better against heat and phys, and are slightly worse against the weakest element (energy).

Second, and remember this: If you are going energy free, you need energy res, you cannot be taking that much damage from each weapon, 700 bunker hits end up being just too much. 

Mech B is stronger, but would be stronger if you equipped a second repulser @Shoultz262. The other best option would be to put a shadow wolf and one energy module. (Lg played semi eng free with shadow wolf and it worked very well)

Protector as in UltraHot protector or mighty protector, so the individual ones, is what I meant. And maximum gives 58 not 57. It's unused because in a 1v1 it ends up having less res regardless.

17 hours ago, SawzAll said:

And if I only had to choose (space and weight) between a physical resistance or energy resistance module, I would totally go without energy resistance.  Sadly, energy doesn't pack enough of a punch to be that concerned about it, and doesn't do enough resistance drain, either.

This is not even close to true, valiant 17, 4 uses form a dual val and ur res is -68. It has all the drainers heat has. Bunker drains 13, fox drains 10, brightroar drains 9, cutter drains 10 and recoiler drains 10. That is more than enough drain, and besides it is commonly accepted that without energy, you need res. And the only reason it doesn't pack that big of a punch is because of res, find one top player playing energy free without energy res.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

This is not even close to true, valiant 17, 4 uses form a dual val and ur res is -68. It has all the drainers heat has. Bunker drains 13, fox drains 10, brightroar drains 9, cutter drains 10 and recoiler drains 10. That is more than enough drain, and besides it is commonly accepted that without energy, you need res. And the only reason it doesn't pack that big of a punch is because of res, find one top player playing energy free without energy res.

Again, I didn't say energy does NO resistance drain.  I'm saying compare that to heat and physical and you'll begin to see what I mean.  Many pros in top ranks told me not to bother making an energy resistance mech when I began playing, and they're still telling the truth.  See also how META mechs have often been suggested that don't have energy resistance at all.

Things are changing for energy, but tell me, when's the last time you saw someone that looks like this in the arena?  Because I'd wager you have never seen it even once.  And even if you have, it's super rare.  I'm not saying they don't exist.  I'm saying that's precisely why the choice between energy resist and a platinum plate is up to the pilot.  See CleverName's META threads and all the discussion.  (I went looking for the time that CleverName said that energy resist vs platinum plate is optional and up to the pilot but I couldn't find it again.  I know he said it, though.)  Ultra Bright has only 5 resistance to Dawn Blaze's 9, for example.  (I'd be willing to vote "yes" on buffing Ultra Bright's resistance to 9, because symmetry.)

image.png.d5094559b15d7b403715b5006f63c9ab.png

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

Again, I didn't say energy does NO resistance drain.  I'm saying compare that to heat and physical and you'll begin to see what I mean.  Many pros in top ranks told me not to bother making an energy resistance mech when I began playing, and they're still telling the truth.  See also how META mechs have often been suggested that don't have energy resistance at all.

Things are changing for energy, but tell me, when's the last time you saw someone that looks like this in the arena?  Because I'd wager you have never seen it even once.  And even if you have, it's super rare.  I'm not saying they don't exist.  I'm saying that's precisely why the choice between energy resist and a platinum plate is up to the pilot.  See CleverName's META threads and all the discussion.  (I went looking for the time that CleverName said that energy resist vs platinum plate is optional and up to the pilot but I couldn't find it again.  I know he said it, though.)  Ultra Bright has only 5 resistance to Dawn Blaze's 9, for example.  (I'd be willing to vote "yes" on buffing Ultra Bright's resistance to 9, because symmetry.)

image.png.d5094559b15d7b403715b5006f63c9ab.png

I have diablo got rank 1 with smth similar, and dual broken energy annihilator (l-m) is now viable with dual roar or dual bunker. Also, energy deals just as much drain as heat, with the exception of some weapons dealing more and dawn blaze dealing less. Anyways, you do not need res if you have energy, without energy you need res or any energy mech will ass phack you.