Jump to content

Please buff Storm Weaver: max energy dmg to 51 and weight to 52 kg like Terror Blade


SawzAll

Buff Storm Weaver: max energy dmg to 51 and weight to 52 kg like Terror Blade?  

20 members have voted

  1. 1. Does Stormweaver Need A Buff?

    • Storm Weaver needs a buff
      14
    • Storm Weaver is fine
      7
    • Storm Weaver needs a nerf
      0
  2. 2. Should we buff Storm Weaver by increasing max energy damage to 51 and reducing weight to 52 like Terror Blade?

    • Do this change
      9
    • Tweak this change
      5
    • Do not do this change
      7


Recommended Posts

BLUF: Please buff Storm Weaver's max energy damage to 51 and reduce weight to 52 kg.

image.png.a4419cfcddadbf231af4e71245bac7ae.png

LONG STORY: Really, I should be asking for Storm Weaver to be more powerful than Terror Blade because, due to the way energy works, it suffers from a systemic disadvantage.  While one loses turns to cooling their mech, or can make a voluntary shut down, energy gets regenerated automatically at every turn without costing a turn.  As such, if for example the average META mech has about 295 in regen, the energy player must do this much energy damage or higher every turn.  This requires high-drain configurations like dual malice beam,  at least one valiant sniper, etc.  And energy drained foes can still stomp you, fire energy-free weapons, grapple, and charge.

BUT I am not asking for Storm Weaver to become more powerful than Terror Blade, even if technically it should be due to the disadvantage of the energy mech concept.  I'm only asking for more or less equality.  "Symmetry."

I'm suggesting equal stats in the areas I mentioned to hopefully prevent an over-buff.  But feel free to disagree with me.

Please reply to this thread.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SawzAll said:

BLUF: Please buff Storm Weaver's max energy damage to 51 and reduce weight to 52 kg.

image.png.a4419cfcddadbf231af4e71245bac7ae.png

LONG STORY: Really, I should be asking for Storm Weaver to be more powerful than Terror Blade because, due to the way energy works, it suffers from a systemic disadvantage.  While one loses turns to cooling their mech, or can make a voluntary shut down, energy gets regenerated automatically at every turn without costing a turn.  As such, if for example the average META mech has about 295 in regen, the energy player must do this much energy damage or higher every turn.  This requires high-drain configurations like dual malice beam,  at least one valiant sniper, etc.  And energy drained foes can still stomp you, fire energy-free weapons, grapple, and charge.

BUT I am not asking for Storm Weaver to become more powerful than Terror Blade, even if technically it should be due to the disadvantage of the energy mech concept.  I'm only asking for more or less equality.  "Symmetry."

I'm suggesting equal stats in the areas I mentioned to hopefully prevent an over-buff.  But feel free to disagree with me.

Please reply to this thread.

Alright, this change seems better... As long as no one tries to abuse it, that is.

If the new StormWeaver gets abused, TerrorBlade will definitely get ripped from the high ranks for sure due to getting constantly hunted by StormWeavers.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Alright, this change seems better... As long as no one tries to abuse it, that is.

If the new StormWeaver gets abused, TerrorBlade will definitely get ripped from the high ranks for sure due to getting constantly hunted by StormWeavers.

Thanks.  But I don't think it will.  I think we're very far away from being able to have an energy hugger in the top 10.  And I rarely see anyone using Storm Weaver.  (FYI I am using Viking Hammer now, and haven't updated my avatar, but I will once I myth my Viking Hammer.)

But in all this, I'm just looking at items objectively on paper.  I have one of each mech, but I love energy the most, so I try to not let that cloud my judgment.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

Thanks.  But I don't think it will.  I think we're very far away from being able to have an energy hugger in the top 10.  And I rarely see anyone using Storm Weaver.  (FYI I am using Viking Hammer now, and haven't updated my avatar, but I will once I myth my Viking Hammer.)

But in all this, I'm just looking at items objectively on paper.  I have one of each mech, but I love energy the most, so I try to not let that cloud my judgment.

As long as you don't let your opinions cloud your judgement, that's good.

That's something that some players struggle to do when they make ideas... I'd rather not start pointing fingers at people since that's rather rude. Instead, I'ma reference an idea that should best be left alone.

+15% Desolation damage.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Activity

    1. 4

      🔥💥SUPER MECHS 2? READ THE CAPTION!💥🔥

    2. 7

      FARMERS CLAN

    3. 4

      🔥💥SUPER MECHS 2? READ THE CAPTION!💥🔥

    4. 7

      FARMERS CLAN

    5. 2

      It's been a week

    6. 2

      It's been a week

    7. 2

      It's been a week

    8. 1

      Bug

×
×
  • Create New...