Super Collider, Backdraft, and Sucker Punch (Reverse Charge)

SawzAll

Would you like this new reverse charge item?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this new reverse charge item?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

All,

I think a new item we could use is a reverse charge.  Please vote yes/no/maybe.

Basically, it rockets you away from your enemy and into the opposite wall, doing a little bit of damage to your enemy.

It could be useful for scope users and for getting away from huggers.

It would come in energy (Super Collider) heat (Backdraft) and physical (sucker punch).

Basically, each operates without energy and is single use.  The energy version has a blue flame and does a little bit of energy drain to your enemy.  The heat version has a red flame and does a little bit of heat damage to your enemy.  The physical version has a yellow flame and does a little bit of physical resistance drain to your enemy.

Otherwise it would be more or less the same stats as charge engine.

Natural example: the octopus that squirts ink and jets away.

How it could work in real life: rocket motors.  The one for energy happens to use an electro-chemical reaction that saps energy from what the flame touches (your enemy).  The heat version is "not a clean burn" so it does heat damage to your enemy, etc.

Of course, however, these 3 only do damage if your enemy is right next to you, otherwise you just get blown backwards without damaging your enemy.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

1 minute ago, ChooseGeno said:

imagine if there was a "reverse super charge"

then the user could combo super charge and reverse super charge, if you made the shield slot a special slot for reverse charges

I am also in favor of this being a possibility.  Thanks!

звучит интересно, но у меня есть пара вопросов

1) как будет нанесен урон?

2) как это будет выглядеть? если двигатель просто собирается выйти спереди, то вам нужно переделать торсы, и если он отбросит вас к стене, то от удара должен быть ответный огонь

Edited by error19031 (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, error19031 said:

звучит интересно, но у меня есть пара вопросов

1) как будет нанесен урон?

2) как это будет выглядеть? если двигатель просто собирается выйти спереди, то вам нужно переделать торсы, и если он отбросит вас к стене, то от удара должен быть ответный огонь

Damage is done if the enemy is directly next to you.  Otherwise, no damage.  I don't know if that will be possible in this game due to game mechanics, but at least that's how I want it to work.  (But I am not picky)

I am not picky about how it looks, but I would imagine a flame in a cone shape, with whatever color based on the type of reverse-charge it is.  I would imagine the flame from the heat version (backdraft) to look about half way between a "sloppy" fire from a burning building and a rocket motor.  I don't think it's necessary for the nozzle exit cone to be seen (like in charge, the part that extends), so a re-work of the torso graphics shouldn't be required, hopefully.

Урон наносится, если противник находится прямо рядом с вами. В остальном никаких повреждений. Я не знаю, возможно ли это в этой игре из-за игровой механики, но, по крайней мере, я хочу, чтобы это работало. (Но я не привередлив)

Я не придирчив к тому, как это выглядит, но я бы мог представить пламя в форме конуса, любого цвета, в зависимости от типа обратного заряда. Я представляю, как пламя в тепловой версии (обратная тяга) выглядит примерно на полпути между «небрежным» огнем горящего здания и ракетным двигателем. Я не думаю, что необходимо, чтобы выходной конус сопла был виден (например, часть, которая выдвигается), поэтому, надеюсь, не потребуется переделывать графику туловища.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)