Item Sprite (Work-In-Progress) - Work-In-Progress-No-More

W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T

Hello, everyone, it's me again.

A decent time ago, I revealed an uncolored sprite in a topic to receive feedback on how it looks. Well, now I'm here to say that it's finally finished. It took me a while to feel like doing the sprite coloring. Let's.. Just say that color and shading accuracy is frustrating when you're not all that experienced with how the in-game items are colored. Regardless of that frustration, I colored the sprite and made the glow accents with a gradient that I thought was correct but then realized that black isn't involved in the glows.. Yes, by the time I noticed, I was already beyond the point of no return. 

Anyway- Enough of that. I'm supposed to be showing a sprite here, so here's the sprite that's been in development:

796004106_Untitleddrawingde-linedspritesize.png.8fa1199b0dfed3f61787e591f089a444.png

Note: Yes, the sprite looks weird but this is the first time I've ever done a chaingun design, let alone a design that doesn't look extremely blocky like my past sprites, so please have mercy on my soul.

So, what do y'all think? Did it turn out alright? Let me know down below. 

Bonus: Item Stats

I made item stats for the weapon after I finished making the sprite. Why? It's because I inserted the sprite into a custom WU pack to see how it looks and for that to happen, it needed a set of stats. So, I whipped up a set of stats and inserted it into WU as an item (with divine boost + arena buffs, of course).

Standard Divine Stats

217408413_Screenshot2021-12-241_57_52PM.png.96d9acc980be9932710d4812f8a57b45.png

Divine Stats with Arena Buffs

1660853429_Screenshot2021-12-241_54_59PM.png.c5fdfd86b4a028faf2829ed77970ba59.png

On an "Attempt to Make Something Good" Mech

1339247146_Screenshot2021-12-242_26_58PM.png.7b1301fdbd63edc662d1f36a61f1f388.png

Note: Item Stats aren't final, they were just made for the sake of the item having stats so it could be added into WU. Anything about the stats are subject to change at any point. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

21 minutes ago, AftoKrator_ said:

how'd you add that to wu... or did you just edited that in? 

It's a process that can be narrowed down to the use of two things to make a WU Pack:

Integrated Chromebook coding software that's literally just called "Text", which can be used to make .json or .txt files, and Imgur, the site that can be used to get the direct link for images, which is what WU can use to fetch custom sprites for newly added items.

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

21 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

ntegrated Chromebook coding software that's literally just called "Text", which can be used to make .json or .txt files, and Imgur, the site that can be used to get the direct link for images, which is what WU can use to fetch custom sprites for newly added items.

well, i have all those, but the question comes down to what you put in the .json file and in what order. 

always happy to learn. 

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

3 minutes ago, AftoKrator_ said:

well, i have all those, but the question comes down to what you put in the .json file and in what order. 

Normally, you would have to go to a specific site page where it's nothing but code for the items then do copy + paste..

But I chose to save the item code in a .json file that I make copies of for custom packs so I'll always have the original in case I need it.

I attached the standard WU .json onto this post so you don't have to do that journey to create one. Be warned, however..

It's missing an item for ID 208. There's no missing items, it's just that after 207, 208 was likely labeled as 209 by complete accident. Just a guess, though.

WUDef.json

2 minutes ago, AftoKrator_ said:

is this written in json?

In .txt but there isn't a difference between a .txt and a .json outside of format.

They basically run the same but have different coats of paint from one another.

7 hours ago, Tesla Surge said:

how did you get your custom item into the game? because when i do it it gives me a error about the image link

I use Imgur for the sprite's link.

If you post the sprite image on there, you'll be able to get its direct link. That's the link you use in the sprite code to have WU fetch the sprite image. 

I recommend that you have an Imgur account so you'll have indefinite access to the sprite images you post, by the way. Posts made with no account may disappear after a while.