Fan art : Float boiler

Stelight

i'm expecting no dmg right? since it doesn't touch ground so it can't stomp. 

seems as though it's missing something. can just have legs that only give hp. even claws give more than that. 

hmm, maybe no pushback or immune from stomps since stomping technically (and based on physics) should only damage things touching the ground

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

4 hours ago, Electro said:

The Float boiler would be legs that can jump and move 3 Space but in have smaller stats and cannot do damage .

Fan art :

6ehb.png

Stats at level 50 mythical (arena booste not included) :

Weight : 138

Hp : 327

Movement + Jump : 1 - 3

Note: My bad for the text wall, I got invested in the idea, just a habit of mine that I've gotten used to doing, I guess. There's a TL;DR at the bottom, so skip to the bottom if you prefer not to look at the wall directly below this note. I also apologized for the wall down below, so this might be a "heads up" apology. 

I think it's an interesting concept and a nice sprite to display it. Would definitely help with the "No Legendary or Mythical Heat Rollers" issue and would be pretty interesting to use on range-based explosive builds like Dual Deso, which usually get stuck in corners with Sparked Runners and are forced to stomp if they don't have Reckoning or they have Magma Recoiler but are energy broken and unable to use it to get a Repulser shot in. I think you get where I'm going with this.

But yeah, it's a pretty nice item idea and a unique one, at that. 

I do have a slight nitpick or two about it, though. The item sprite could probably be stretched out horizontally to have more of a roller look, but it's likely just me who thinks that, so there's that. As for the concept, I think it could have a "stomp" with damage but a stomp that's more on the heat damage side of things with less base damage per stomp.

The stomp animation could be the legs making a Heat Bomb-like blastwave under the user's mech with its thrusters, but that's just a suggestion, so feel free to let me know what you think of it.

Apologies for the text wall, by the way, I've been gone from the forums for a long while and I haven't gotten a chance to vent my texting energy like this. This is the first time I've text walled like this in a while, basically lol.

TL; DR - Nice and unique item idea, I'm Invested in it. Would like to see it added to the game, whether it be L-M like Sparked Runners and Rolling Beasts or be an E-M set of rollers, the first of its kind.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

Update:

lw3c.png

The item sprite could probably be stretched out horizontally to have more of a roller look, but it's likely just me who thinks that, so there's that. As for the concept, I think it could have a "stomp" with damage but a stomp that's more on the heat damage side of things with less base damage per stomp.

Thanks for the advices ^^

Stats at Divin :(arena boost not included )

Weight : 138

Hp : 347

Explosif damage : 83 - 119

Heating : 69

1 Knockback

Walking : 1 | Jump : 2 - 3

Edited by Electro (see edit history)

Now that's a cool set of heat legs. Nice job on the sprite design, though you should probably scale them down so they're around the size of the torso. Rollers are usually around the size of a whole torso, so that size is good enough for your item sprite. 

With maximum arena buffs, the legs have:

HP: 389

Explosive Damage: 97 - 140

Heat Damage: 83

For the stats, the HP looks good, explosive damage could be upped to 120 - 150 (144 - 180 with buffs) so the damage isn't too low but isn't too high as well, and the heat damage looks like it's not going to be a balancing problem considering the item's high weight and low stomp damage to level out the high heat damage for a stomp. Overall, looks like a nice start for the stats and could be refined with some adjustments, testing, and feedback. 

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

11 minutes ago, Electro said:

rh5x.png

Should try with other torso ?

Here's roller size references for sizing your legs. You can try the legs with other torsos before you try sizing them to check if they're suitable for torsos other than Windigo, that sometimes occur due to Windigo being larger than an average sized torso like Naga and Avenger, which makes finding a suitable size for an item sprite harder than normal. 

I hope the references help in some way and probably reduce the need for trial and error with finding that right size.

180293320_Screenshot2021-12-122_22_09AM.thumb.png.5dcae8e8500832ebe37f11446c34411f.png1440273475_Screenshot2021-12-122_22_32AM.thumb.png.a4c82762316e0db03a3004548f2c00b4.png

Edited by W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T (see edit history)

9 hours ago, AftoKrator_ said:

i'm expecting no dmg right? since it doesn't touch ground so it can't stomp. 

seems as though it's missing something. can just have legs that only give hp. even claws give more than that. 

hmm, maybe no pushback or immune from stomps since stomping technically (and based on physics) should only damage things touching the ground

air stomp :))

Hcaptcha scam

If this thing's meant for the mech to fly or in this case "float" , i suggest the name "Levitation Platform"

You can cure yourselves, all you need to escape the plague was to never embracing it to begin with, you are given that choice each time, i am not your cure to salvation, my wonderful relic of Mortal Pride, for you are your own infection, the helpless look on your faces is my favorite part for i have enjoyed it a thousand times already. - Herald Of The Ravens.
image.png.5dff7ff89f93332f7236848f92dc5c87.png