1. 1. Should Archimonde be Buffed as I have Described

• Yes
    • No
    • Specify how youud change it

Well, 

This is getting repetitive

Archimonde is the worst l-m torso.

It is practically useless

It is practically worse than any e-m torso too.

I would recommend simply adding some hp.

Simply setting the hp to 1402 would be enough.

That's 250 extra hp.

Maybe even more.

Before anyone complains, ik its a lot, but it weighs 7 less than a monkey, I'd say maybe up it even to 1452.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

I would not be willing to see a buff as high as 250.  I think last I recall looking at the stats, I'd be willing to see up to a 150 hp increase (at divine, no arena buffs).  This is because it already has good all-around resistance.  150 should make it very competitive without wrecking the mete (again).  I based this on configuring WU with all the torsos today using the CleverJumper (top phys meta) configuration, seeing how i could get just enough heat/energy stats but also then add as much hp and resist.  Archimond can get really competitive in that config already, so 150+ should make it a viable alternative to MPV/LPV (in my opinion) without making it better than them.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

Hm my doubt would be that 150 might be a bit little, considering efa does basically the same as archi on that build except it’s lighter and has more res and hp. I’d like to propose 200 anyways, since it seems like it will have a bigger effect, it won’t be an alternative to vests since they had 77 phys res and archi doesn’t.

I literally pulled an MPV from r3 box, and from the other r3 box I opened, I puleld plat fortress, so its holy sry whiteout

6 hours ago, Tirreggregars said:

considering efa does basically the same as archi on that build except it’s lighter and has more res and hp.

And that's exactly why I only recommended 150.  I don't think we should be buffing torsos to the point where they're becoming better than others, so long as we can make them slightly less.

EFA doesn't do the same thing as Archimonde.  It's got a huge niche use: it can be ridiculously powerful for energy-free builds, but it's also a handicap for anything requiring energy.  But given that Archimond's resistance profile is almost identical to EFA, I'm concerned that it's too easy to over-buff Archimond.  Comparing Archimond to EFA is deceptive because what matters is final build.  In a "CleverJumper" build, EFA is superior to Archimond, true.  But build anything that requires energy and your module space is taken up by enough energy modules to compensate, hence you lose the advantage of EFA.  Indeed, note that on the META thread, EFA isn't the top torso.  One could argue that fighting energy mechs with the Top Phys META using an EFA torso would be more difficult because you'd almost immediately lose your drone due to energy drain.

So I think Archimond should get buffed because it's premium (or make it not premium) but I think we should be careful before we accidentally over-buff it.

I came to this conclusion using WU to simulate builds.  EFA is superior only in energy-free builds, which is a niche, so really we should be comparing Archimond to the vests or something else (still not a good comparison, but better than comparing to EFA).

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

55 minutes ago, SawzAll said:

Hey man can you please add the 2nd part of the poll to this thread?  I'd like to see the "do this change // do not do this change // tweak this change" vote part please.

Hm, theres yes, no and tweak it (specify how ud change it=tweak it)

41 minutes ago, Tirreggregars said:

Hm, theres yes, no and tweak it (specify how ud change it=tweak it)

Ok then it's missing the first part: item needs a buff, doesn't need a buff, or should be nerfed, etc. The prompt is supposed to include 2 questions and I only see one. Thanks.

you know, instead of buffing the hp, i think we should do something special with it... i mean, it is an L-M and most L-Ms have their own special thing. 

I'm suggesting that we can give a little hp buff, like 100-150, but buff the cooling and regen by a lot, like 100 for each.... maybe that too much, but hey, it'll be the first regen/cooling heavy torso. 

Discord: Aftokrator#9688

DeviantArt: Azorsia05 User Profile | DeviantArt

• 3 weeks later...