Modules for Nightfall + Annihilation build

SawzAll

• 1 year later...
On 12/23/2020 at 10:36 AM, SawzAll said:

If this was your mech (whether you agree with my choice of weapons or not), how would you configure the modules?  I have all the modules shown plus about four level 1 epic combined storage units.  How would you configure the modules?

image.thumb.png.aa13813f80f6bd2b87484eeffb37b242.png

I would add a savior ressistance

8 hours ago, Monke King said:

I would add a savior ressistance

It doesn't provide enough to be useful in the arena on monkey torsos.  I've tested this one extensively.  You need at least about 70 resistance in every category before it gets to a useful point, if you trade resistance for HP.  That's why monkey torsos dominate low and mid ranks: most low and mid rank players don't have defense matrix or 3 x fortresses.

And that post was like from 2020.  I'm now a rank 2 player.

Those who have 3 x monkey torsos in low/mid ranks should just max them and hold on to them, don't bother with resistance yet unless you get some good ones.  For a mech with a MPV/LPV vest to make it into top ranks, they'll usually need at least a defense matrix, or a max protector + a platinum.

That's why monkey torsos work so well in mid ranks.  If you have no resistance, go to the max with your HP.

But you still see monkey torsos in top ranks on good builds, so ....

For low/mid rank players, Nightmare also isn't so good.  It's light weight, but low/mid rank players don't usually have tons of combined modules, fortresses and platinums to make Nightmare a pay-off.  It's always useful in RAID, however.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html