Atomus Tortures Bad Cooling (Part 3, 4 and 5)

AtomusX

Heres the first victim..He put up quite a good fight, but I dont think he'll be getting up from those burns.dead.thumb.png.2616faabf56e332f68271e20356858d7.png

This guy was also very formidable, but he just couldn't kill me before I damaged his heat, this guy probably suffered the most. I let him lay there burning alive for about 15 minutes before he could finally cool himself off, i even let him hit me just to give him some false hope. weees.thumb.png.f8b09d03f6febdfc15059e99aeff7c4e.png

He claimed to be a "Hero". But plot armor doesn't work for side characters.

Oh i was cocky with this guy, he didn't believe me..okai.thumb.png.d77cf66d104b800c2e6377136bc57db4.png

Well now look at em:

yeh.thumb.png.79e4f58017a696a761cb091b896705fd.png

3 Fresh burnt victims to add to my list.

And many more to come..

The Boiler Mech that Burns down and obliterates any mech with incompetent module configuration. Atomus' Boiler acts as a Hard-counter to any Mech that has the slightest margin of exploitable Cooling

'I will literally melt your mech dude..

So go on then, try me'

3 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Just out of curiosity, what're the stats of your mech?

i made a post about both of my mechs regarding that

The Boiler Mech that Burns down and obliterates any mech with incompetent module configuration. Atomus' Boiler acts as a Hard-counter to any Mech that has the slightest margin of exploitable Cooling

So go on then, try me'

1 minute ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

Alright, I found the topic and checked the stats. And I was surprised by the cooling.

In a good or bad way

So go on then, try me'

Just now, AtomusX said:

In a good or bad way

In the "might be time for a small adjustment" way.

Your cooling is pretty low, which can be problematic if a boiler comes around with decent cooling, but that's a common thing with physical torsos on heat/explosive mechs that can be fixed with mods.

Though what I find interesting is your weapon setup. Your mech looks like a boiler but has a Dawnblaze for damage. While the combo does tend to work sometimes, it's likely better to dedicate the mech to either heat (boiler) or explosive (damage). If you're going for a boiler, you can swap the Dawnblaze out with a Flaminator (for an alternate cost weapon to pair with Corrupt Light) or a second Corrupt Light (if you have one). That'll let you deal much more heat damage and cap damage without having to change much about your mech.

Just be warned that Flaminator, while heat cost-free, gets... Uhhh... Rather energy cost-heavy when mythed.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

3 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

In the "might be time for a small adjustment" way.

Your cooling is pretty low, which can be problematic if a boiler comes around with decent cooling, but that's a common thing with physical torsos on heat/explosive mechs that can be fixed with mods.

Though what I find interesting is your weapon setup. Your mech looks like a boiler but has a Dawnblaze for damage. While the combo does tend to work sometimes, it's likely better to dedicate the mech to either heat (boiler) or explosive (damage). If you're going for a boiler, you can swap the Dawnblaze out with a Flaminator (for an alternate cost weapon to pair with Corrupt Light) or a second Corrupt Light (if you have one). That'll let you deal much more heat damage and cap damage without having to change much about your mech.

Just be warned that Flaminator, while heat cost-free, gets... Uhhh... Rather energy cost-heavy when mythed.

That's good advice, i appreciate it. I'll def look for a heat torso but i dont know which one would work the best. Im also working on another corrupt light but it's too weak at the moment to be put on my mech, I pulled a legendary dawnblaze from a premium pack not too long ago and decided to use that for a substitute while im grinding out a second corrupt light.

So go on then, try me'

Just now, AtomusX said:

That's good advice, i appreciate it. I'll def look for a heat torso but i dont know which one would work the best. Im also working on another corrupt light but it's too weak at the moment to be put on my mech, I pulled a legendary dawnblaze from a premium pack not too long ago and decided to use that for a substitute while im grinding out a second corrupt light.

For the heat torso, there's a small handful of very popular ones you can choose from:

Molten Platinum Vest, Fractured Heat Armor, Windigo, Nightmare

There's also Zarkares, but that torso is basically a heavier Windigo with less HP. It's definitely better than nothing, however.

Also, if you want an example of what you could do for a boiler, here's a screenshot of my alt account's main mech (Flaminator + Corrupt Light Boiler):

Screenshot_20221103-123852.thumb.png.10231dc1a9e529cd948433c35636374a.png

This mech is capable of reaching rank 13 easily and decent at keeping a spot in rank 12, thanks to the versatility of its boiler weapons.

If you fail and don't succeed at something, you simply haven't failed enough. Through failures, one can pave a path to eventual success. 

14 minutes ago, W.H.I.T.E.O.U.T said:

For the heat torso, there's a small handful of very popular ones you can choose from:

Molten Platinum Vest, Fractured Heat Armor, Windigo, Nightmare

There's also Zarkares, but that torso is basically a heavier Windigo with less HP. It's definitely better than nothing, however.

Also, if you want an example of what you could do for a boiler, here's a screenshot of my alt account's main mech (Flaminator + Corrupt Light Boiler):

Screenshot_20221103-123852.thumb.png.10231dc1a9e529cd948433c35636374a.png

This mech is capable of reaching rank 13 easily and decent at keeping a spot in rank 12, thanks to the versatility of its boiler weapons.

Boiler mechs are the scariest type of mechs in my opinion. As opposed to energy mechs where they disable your weapons, you can still counter them with energy free weaponry, with heat mechs (boilers in particular) You either have the heat to withstand it, or you dont. Theres no inbetween considering even most boiler weaponry is energy free, (i.e. Vandal rage, heat bomb, desolation, nemo, ect)

I'm also currently working on a windigo torso. it's ready to be mythed just dont have enough food.

Edited by AtomusX (see edit history)

So go on then, try me'

Just now, AtomusX said:

Boiler mechs are the scariest type of mechs in my opinion. As opposed to energy mechs where they disable your weapons, you can still counter them with energy free weaponry, with heat mechs (boilers in particular) You either have the heat to withstand it, or you dont. Theres no inbetween considering even most boiler weaponry is energy free, (i.e. Vandal rage, heat bomb, desolation, nemo, ect)

Well, it really depends on what rank you're in. Boilers and Drainers are best in the lower-mid ranks since mechs there are still developing stats, which makes them most vulnerable to heat damage or energy drain. Boilers start to struggle beyond that point, however, because mechs with more developed stats start to appear and become a problem to deal with if their cooling is decent to good. That's why most mid rank (ranks 8-6) boiler mechs have the Swoop drone, a drone that can do 110+ heat damage per shot and can make battles into nightmares for mechs that have ~300 cooling when used on a boiler mech (i.e Dual Corrupt Light + Swoop = 346 heat damage per turn).

Without Swoop, boilers are prone to struggle against damage-based builds, so you're bound to find more explosive builds (i.e Dual Desolation) around those ranks than boiler ones. But if you do come across a boiler, expect it to have Swoop and be prepared to cool down a lot.