Torso Mass Buff Thread

SawzAll

Using math, I have a proposal on how much to buff torsos in order for them to continue to be competitive against the "Thanos" ("monkey") torsos. 

This should, in theory, fix what appears to be an imbalance of the importance of raw hit points (like for example why almost no top ranked physical player uses Hollow Spectral).  However, this is using math and statistics, so actual further testing would need to be conducted to see if this is a good idea or would hurt the game.

Also, this may cause us to have to reconsider how these torsos work in terms of ascending to Divine.  Statistically, the new hit points are calculated in such a way that the "Thanos" torsos are not immediately outclassed.  They are still, using these stats, better on paper (i.e. the target score, which is not provided, is 6.2 rather than 6.58 for the Thanos torsos), so that hopefully this won't piss off everyone who worked so hard to max out their Thanos torso.

Please weigh in on the stats I've provided.  I'm only suggesting buffing hit points, and leaving all other stats (energy, resistance, etc) alone.

NAME RARITY TYPE LVL NEW HP OLD HP BUFF
Fractured Heat Armor Divine HEAT Max 1786 1786 0
Rusty Energy Armor Divine ENRG Max 1786 1786 0
Hollow Spectral Armor Divine PHYS Max 1678 1678 0
EnergyFree Armor Divine PHYS Max 1441 1441 0
Avenger Divine PHYS Max 1473 1306 167
Battery Armor Divine PHYS Max 1299 1284 15
Energy Battery Armor Divine ENRG Max 1182 1177 5
Flame Battery Armor Divine HEAT Max 1193 1177 16
Sabertooth Divine HEAT Max 1308 1219 89
Zarkares Divine HEAT Max 1323 1177 146
Archimond Divine PHYS Max 1267 1152 115
Brutality Divine HEAT Max 1199 1070 129
Lightning Platinum Vest Divine ENRG Max 1168 1054 114
Molten Platinum Vest Divine HEAT Max 1168 1054 114
Naga Divine ENRG Max 1174 1017 157
Sith Divine ENRG Max 1122 963 159
Windigo Divine HEAT Max 1180 1017 163
Nightmare Divine HEAT Max 1055 910 145
Interceptor Divine PHYS Max 1065 884 181
Hardened Platinum Vest Divine PHYS Max 1140 960 180
Grim Reaper Divine ENRG Max 1068 910 158
Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

http://www.puresimplicity.net/~oneeyedcat/misc/supermechs.html

On 12/31/2020 at 11:39 PM, SawzAll said:

I'm only suggesting buffing hit points

Very promising.

You can vaguely see how each torso is considered "strong" and "weak" by looking at the amount of buff needed

And in fact, I think rusty and fractured should be NERFED back down to the hollow spectral armor's values bc they weigh the same; they have the same rarity so nerfing them don't make them worse cash carrots

___

But again, TS needed cash carrots. but they could at least buff the carrot torsos (e.g. vests)

Do remember, however, that some torsos here trade various other stats (e.g. resistance) in for hitpoints; considering THAT, the plot thickens

But I agree. Most of these torsos need a buff to make them compete against the "thanos" torso.

But again, more than half of this is considered "f2p" and, somehow, should be considered (or rendered) inferior to those "premium" items. It's a idea I strongly disagree but seem to be embraced by (most) others as p2w is much more common in this new forum.

(why "thanos" torso? bc it had "big beard" and square face?)

It's a FLASH GAME. At least, it once were.

Get over it

Not bad ...on the limits .
And yes I agree stats to remain the same .
But yes right , they need at least 200hps buff plus !
Practically  this buff wont make em usable I think .
Thanks !

Edited by TALΩS (see edit history)

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

1 hour ago, CDR_Xavier said:

And in fact, I think rusty and fractured should be NERFED back down to the hollow spectral armor's values bc they weigh the same; they have the same rarity so nerfing them don't make them worse cash carrots

I don't agree.  I think nerfs are very unpopular because they tend to make people lose their hard work.  And I think it's very logical that people would be unhappy about that.

That's why I think the best solution is to balance things by buffing other things, and only buffing things conservatively.  I don't want to accidentally make a torso more powerful than the torsos that already dominate things.  I just want to make them more viable options.

You'll note that I was conservative in that I only made statistically equal to energy-free armor (EFA) statistically at least.  There's someone playing an EFA in the top 10.

Edited by SawzAll (see edit history)

@SawzAll forward  this list to Alexander ... Those torsos buff is a must ! 
In general I am saving some good hopes for the balance changes ...Alex havent bring out something yet ...means he is doing a serius work ...BUT time will saw ...

Edited by TALΩS (see edit history)

" Socializing with people alters a person's character... especially when one does not have a character. "

10 hours ago, TALΩS said:

@SawzAll forward  this list to Alexander ... Those torsos buff is a must ! 
In general I am saving some good hopes for the balance changes ...Alex havent bring out something yet ...means he is doing a serius work ...BUT time will saw ...

Alexander sees things on here.  I'll let him make the decision.  I think forwarding it to him might be a bit too pushy.

I still think nightmare needs to be buffed more.

Technically sith is a bit better than nightmare, and in history energy and heat counterparts have always had extremely similar stats, so why not increase nightmare's hp by 11 to match up with the new sith buff?

its not like this buff is particularily useful but why not

I polish rocks